2019/2020 NCAAF Futures

Just not buying they'll pass or play fast enough for him to approach those kind of numbers.

They have no real RB threat at this point except for maybe a true frosh. Michigan is definitely playing fast this year. How that translates to year 1 of this offense who knows, but it will be faster..much faster than normal. They aren't huddling at all. They huddled after almost every snap the last 100 years.

Just not buying they'll pass or play fast enough for him to approach those kind of numbers.
As said below, they will. Trust me, if Hunt is buying in ...woah boy! With that being said, when I say records will be broken take a peak at all time numbers and even an okay season in an uptempo offense should shatter some.

Cub...I usually am extremely pessimistic on Michigan especially on offense...since RR left. The defense should take a step back early and the offense might take a few games to get humming...I believe they will be top 10 in YPP and middle to low pack on TOP..scoring will go up. Jim had it after tosu 2018. He knew he needed offense to win.

They have no real RB threat at this point except for maybe a true frosh. Michigan is definitely playing fast this year. How that translates to year 1 of this offense who knows, but it will be faster..much faster than normal. They aren't huddling at all. They huddled after almost every snap the last 100 years.

Going no huddle doesn't by itself mean you play faster. I doubt Nebraska played much faster last year than the year before.

Going no huddle doesn't by itself mean you play faster. I doubt Nebraska played much faster last year than the year before.
True, but it won't be waiting till under 5 seconds to snap now. Mich has wanted to own T.O.P. for a few years. They could do that and grind on most teams essentially.

True, but it won't be waiting till under 5 seconds to snap now. Mich has wanted to own T.O.P. for a few years. They could do that and grind on most teams essentially.

Fair enough. They'll play faster, but I doubt they play fast when it matters.

This is my post spring college fantasy write up on them, FWIW:

Michigan Wolverines

Old OC: N/A
New OC: Josh Gattis (Hired Jan. 10)

MGOBlog has been a great source for me getting up to speed on the new Michigan offense. Some of what I include below will be a credit to their site.

"Tempo: yes. Under center snaps: no. Huddles: no. Passes under 30 yards in length: yes. Harbaugh talked the talk about handing the keys to Josh Gattis upon his hire, and so far the walk is being walked.

The overall effect wasn't quite Moorhead-era Penn State, though it was reasonably close. The recent football experience Michigan's spring offense brought to mind was, in fact, the Frost-era UCF team that Michigan played shortly before that program ignited.

UCF spent the whole game running this split action where outside runs are threatened to both field and boundary. I hated it. Every play felt like one mistake from a touchdown. Several mistakes were made and UCF got chunk plays on them because half the defense was busy running the other way.

That UCF team was coming off a legendary 0-12 season and Frost did well to get that group of bunglers to 6-7, but that was largely about the defense. His offense that year was 120th because it was all smoke and mirrors trying to cover up for a dearth of talent. The next year: 6th.

Gattis did this a ton. Michigan had an extensive jet package that was paired with action the other way, often QB run action. McCaffrey's rushing touchdown has a touch of this, with McCaffrey waiting a split second, attempting to sell some flare or crossing action the other way before bursting into a gap:

Other plays were more explicitly about threatening both edges of the field simultaneously. In between Michigan hammered inside zone. The quarterback run game was frequent and diverse—that bit did remind me of Penn State—and baked into the structure of the offense that last year's arc keepers were not. Those arc keepers were really effective but seemed to have no connection to the passing game, because Pep and Warinner were coordinating different offenses. Now there will be one.

Michigan added speed option, and added the IZ-to-speed option look that the D struggled with from time to time last year. They have OZ opposite jet motion. They've got a bunch of short passing looks, and every play someone's trying to take the top off. Spring games can only be so encouraging; this was maximally so."

Gattis doesn’t have play-calling experience, so detailing what this offense has done in the past is a futile exercise. That being said, I think we can assess the current talent on the roster and draw inspiration from his offensive influencers and attempt to paint a picture of what 2019 will look like for the Wolverines.

This feels weird to say, but I actually like Shea Patterson in CFF this year. Gattis has been tied to Trace McSorley and Tua Tagovailoa over the past few seasons. I guess it’s safe to provide the floor as well, Christian Hackenberg. His college numbers don’t show it, but Shea’s a very capable runner. In fact, his rushing numbers are shocking relative to the ability I believe he possesses. I don’t feel comfortable calling for the specifics of where I think he may end up amongst CFF QBs this season, but I do have some regret that I didn’t get any 100/1 action down on his Heisman odds this spring!

At RB, they are impossibly thin. Christian Turner, Tru Wilson, and incoming freshman Zach Charbonnet are going to be the three primary backs in 2019. I’ll get right to it, Zach Charbonnet may be a freshman, but I think he’s ready to lead this offense right away. Unfortunately, he had his knee scoped this spring (planned for months) so he didn’t get the full benefit of camp. He’s one of the most valuable backs in the country in dynasty formats. Looking at Gattis’ recent backs, we’ve got 147, 182, 272, 217, and 160 carries from the RB1. That’s a wide range, and three of those years are Saquon Barkley, but there’s plenty there to be excited about. Four OL return from last year and whoever wins the job should have a solid OL to run behind. Turner and Charbonnet are my guesses for the top two backs this year and my guess is their best years are ahead.

Nico Collins, Donovan Peoples-Jones, and Tarik Black are the top trio at WR. DPJ has been injured for a while now, Collins has missed some time this spring, and Black is finally healthy. As a result, this is a talented group but one with both questions and concerns. If those three aren’t fully ready, I believe that freshman Mike Sainristil and Oliver Martin could be more significant contributors. Sainristil could be used similarly to KJ Hamler or Jaylen Waddle and he’s a guy that I’m excited to watch for the next few years. I’m not sure which WR I feel most confident about this year. If I could turn injuries off, Black would be my choice with overwhelming conviction, but he’s been injured non-stop. He and Collins would still be my top two for 2019, but remaining with my theme, 2019 is a bit up in the air, with the understanding the overall arrow is pointed way up across the board.

There is data that supports we could have a big time TE in this offense. Mike Gesicki and Irv Smith are the most recent examples. Michigan has several nice options at the position but they are going to be led by Nick Eubanks and Sean McKeon. MGOBlog seems to think Eubanks is the best bet to be TE1, but I’ll wait and see if we get clarity this summer. Overall, it’s not unreasonable to expect we see a relevant player at every position for Michigan in 2019. What a difference a year (and Josh Gattis) makes!

As far as Tempo goes, Gattis past five offenses he was involved with, 1 being slowest and 130 being fastest: 23 40, 57, 29 ,50

Michigan (same span): 4, 20, 19, 6, 3

We can certainly agree they move faster this year. I tend to agree with the situational usage of tempo but I think they prob come about to average overall in 2019.

Honestly I've never seen a spring game weighted so heavily in my life...
Allow me to clarify, the thoughts on the spring/scrimmage from the MGoblog writer we’re independent of my thoughts which aren’t in quotes. I simply included them because it’s the only look we’ve ever had at Gattis’ play calling and his offense. With most teams I preview I don’t choose to include specific play calls from spring because I have a significantly larger sample to draw from.

Allow me to clarify, the thoughts on the spring/scrimmage from the MGoblog writer we’re independent of my thoughts which aren’t in quotes. I simply included them because it’s the only look we’ve ever had at Gattis’ play calling and his offense. With most teams I preview I don’t choose to include specific play calls from spring because I have a significantly larger sample to draw from.

Oh, I know that. My bad; I wasn't taking a shot at you. But my post was directly after yours so I can understand the confusion.

Was just a general comment after reading through this entire thread and then reading those notes from the fan blog you quoted.

Regular Season Wins - All 1u, due to limit:

Cincinnati Over 6 -102
ECU Over 3.5 -108
Syracuse Over 5 -114
Virginia Over 6 -102
Purdue Under 8 +124
Army Over 8.5 -108
Missouri Over 6.5 -108
Louisiana Over 5.5 -130

Also, few other GOY:

Week 11:

Missouri +21.5 @ UGA -110 (1 unit)

Week 12:

Missouri +9.5 v. Florida -110 (1 unit)

Week 13:

Missouri -1.5 v. Tennessee -110 (1 unit)

Like that Lafayette play. Still waiting for 5D to post the rest of their G5 totals. Have you seen a number for Charlotte yet?

Regular Season Wins - All 1u, due to limit:

Cincinnati Over 6 -102
ECU Over 3.5 -108
Syracuse Over 5 -114
Virginia Over 6 -102
Purdue Under 8 +124
Army Over 8.5 -108
Missouri Over 6.5 -108
Louisiana Over 5.5 -130
what site has these?

Okay, so you have Mizzou circled this year...
I honestly didn't think I did. Like I wouldn't have said so until I saw their current market value.

I have the SEC like this, through my first pass:

1: Alabama

2: Georgia
2: LSU
2: Florida

3: Texas AM
3: Auburn

4: Missouri
4: Miss St
4: South Carolina
4: Kentucky

5: Tennessee
5: Ole Miss
5: Vanderbilt

6: Arkansas

I see 8 wins as being more likely than not.

Like that Lafayette play. Still waiting for 5D to post the rest of their G5 totals. Have you seen a number for Charlotte yet?

I won't be shcoked to see ULL move Miss St off the ball a bit in the opener. Thats a grizlly OL for a G5er

Charlotte is 4.5 o-108. Hard road for them to find five, IMO. Love the hire though.

If too personal, no issue ...but are you not using any offshores?
I am primarily offshore. FanDuel stuff is combo of a guy on ground in Jersey that can get some stuff and a unique local connect which I've mentioned in past. I dont think FD will be a part of my repetoire in the fall, but helped fill a need a few times this off-season.

What were your limits there? Hearing varying limits
I believe they've been willing to take $250 & $500 on early stuff but I've only been able to get portions of that amount just based on having to split some stuff with others. I'm far from expert but have been fortunate a friend has been generous and included me in stuff.

Wow -- Cuse at 5 is a joke. How do you bet with FanDuel? Is it legal to bet with them outside NJ?
It has to be bet in Jersey and I believe the software is GPS sensitive, from my understanding, so only a "beard" in Jersey could do it or of someone lived in neighboring. state and drove across border.

GOY Adds:

Week 3:

Syracuse +21 v. Clemson -110 (1 unit)

Week 7:

Virginia +11.5 @ Miami -110 (1 unit) (second time hitting this one at diff number)

Week 8:

Syracuse Pick/+1/+2 v. Pitt -115 avg (3 units)

Week 13:

Virginia Tech -6 v. Pitt -120 (1.5 units)

Great looking list of plays you’re building.

Can you please comment on the Houston vs Washington St game?
Thanks.

Sure. Game will be a shootout and it's a home game for Houston although technically a neutral venue. Think they will clearly be the more motivated team on a primetime Friday slot. I have both teams pretty comparable from a ranking standpoint so when I factor in the situation for Houston, it's even more favorable. I don't trust either defense, edge to Wash St there but I trust the Houston offense more while it could take Wash St a little time for the new QB to get broken in. Houston been practicing against the air raid principles this off-season, as Wash St has but they dont have a player like King who cannot be imitated. Game feels like a shootout and I want two scores in a game I see as a toss-up, one score game.

Thanks.

Sure. Game will be a shootout and it's a home game for Houston although technically a neutral venue. Think they will clearly be the more motivated team on a primetime Friday slot. I have both teams pretty comparable from a ranking standpoint so when I factor in the situation for Houston, it's even more favorable. I don't trust either defense, edge to Wash St there but I trust the Houston offense more while it could take Wash St a little time for the new QB to get broken in. Houston been practicing against the air raid principles this off-season, as Wash St has but they dont have a player like King who cannot be imitated. Game feels like a shootout and I want two scores in a game I see as a toss-up, one score game.
Great thoughts. I know King is your horse, it should be a very exciting season down there.

GOY:

Week 2:

Ole Miss -2.5 v. Arkansas -110 (1 unit)

Week 3:

Virginia PICK v. FSU -110 (1 unit)

Pittsburgh +15 @ Penn State -110 (1 unit)

Wake Forest -2.5 v. UNC -110 (1 unit)

Week 6:

ECU +8.5 v. Temple -110 (1 unit)

Week 7:

Vanderbilt -15 v. UNLV -115 (1 unit)

Iowa State -2.5 @ WVU -110. (1 unit)

2017-2018 Overall: 301-201 (+127.66 units)
2018-2019 Overall: 350-230 (+143.63 units)

Hey everybody! Few early birds, courtesy of BOL, who I have to assume is in desparate need of cash.

GOY:

Week 2:

Texas +7 v LSU -110 (2 units)
Texas A&M +21 @ Clemson -110 (1 unit)

Week 6:

Texas +14.5 v. Oklahoma -110 (5 units)

Week 11:

Michigan State +14.5 @ Michigan -110 (2.5 units)

Week 12:

Texas A&M +15.5 @ Georgia -110 (1 unit)
TCU +21 @ Oklahoma -110 (2.5 units)

Week 13:

Texas -3 v. Texas Tech -110 (2 units)
Cincinnati +11.5 @ Memphis -110 (3 units)

Got it on ig for ya. Thanks for bringing the heat. Ignore drizzy and king James in the first highlight of the story.. Figured it out.

Back