2018 MLB RSW Discussion

aplous

Donkey Hater
With football in the bag time to start thinking about 2018 bases. Tons of free agents left so this will be real interesting to see where and when these drop. Starting to sift through projections now.

With so many free agents on the market it's hard to have any major thoughts. Curious to see what the YANKEES are.

96.5 would be one of the highest I've seen in awhile. Would need to be 32 games over .500 to hit.

64.5 still seems high for Miami, remove talent from the equation which is obviously not much...but morale has to absolutely suck as well

Anyone liking Brewers Under? Wondering if I'm just biased, but still think they overachieved last year, and now they are getting extremely overhyped with the additions of Yelich and Cain. Still think Cubs and Cardinals are head and shoulders better than Milwaukee.

I’d like to bet Twins over....prefer 81ish tho. I think the Cardinals are back a bit as well.

It's crazy w/o so many free agents signed in February, so much can change

64.5 still seems high for Miami, remove talent from the equation which is obviously not much...but morale has to absolutely suck as well
To go under essentially requires losing 100 games. Certainly possible but that's a lot.

Pittsburgh U76.5 looks strong too.

yeah, seems like Pitt is going in the tank and will trade anyone decent by the deadline other than Rivero and Bell. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Marte or Polanco if either is having a good year.

Anyone liking Brewers Under? Wondering if I'm just biased, but still think they overachieved last year, and now they are getting extremely overhyped with the additions of Yelich and Cain. Still think Cubs and Cardinals are head and shoulders better than Milwaukee.

You are biased and certainly wrong about the Cardinals being head and shoulders better than the Brewers.

Never said I wasn't but the Cardinals aren't head and shoulders better than the Brewers. I think they are pretty equal teams but neither one is way better than the other.

Maybe that wasn't the correct term, but I still expect Brewers to finish in 3rd behind STL by at least 5 games. Guess we will see, but think some of their lightning in a pan hitters from last year are due a slight regression and it's always tough to count on Cain to stay healthy. Also, Jhoulys Chacin as a 3...yikes. Guess we will see.

Am I wrong for wanting to bet Rays under 76.5?
Probably not Gabe.They won 80 last year, traded their best hitter from a below average lineup and figure to be sellers at the deadline. They have decent starting pitching when it's healthy but not much else.

My season wins currently add up to 2389, so 41 wins off so numbers aren't set. In saying that uARI, oATL and oCIN look good, and maybe uNYY

Probably not Gabe.They won 80 last year, traded their best hitter from a below average lineup and figure to be sellers at the deadline. They have decent starting pitching when it's healthy but not much else.

Think I heard they just traded one of their pitchers to twins as well.

Another bias opinion here. I like cardinals to finish ahead of milw! Lol..

Admittedly I don't know what brewers farm system looks like. One thing cardinals have is several talented young arms that have either already gotten little experience or are close. Not in love with cards pitching coming into this but I think they have some guys with good stuff who will be up and helping sooner than later. On surface it looks like brewers rotation big question mark and I don't know if they have that kind of arm talent approaching bigs as cards do?

Brewers back end of pen certainly on paper looks to be in best shape. biggest thing for cards pen imo is the new pitching coach gonna hopefully have big impact on matheny decision making? God i hope so!! That and how quickly and what role will Reyes have? They have a lot of guys and fairly confident the pen will be better, closer certainly a issue at this moment tho, the thought of it being gregerson makes me cringe!! Lol.

Another bias opinion here. I like cardinals to finish ahead of milw! Lol..

Admittedly I don't know what brewers farm system looks like. One thing cardinals have is several talented young arms that have either already gotten little experience or are close. Not in love with cards pitching coming into this but I think they have some guys with good stuff who will be up and helping sooner than later. On surface it looks like brewers rotation big question mark and I don't know if they have that kind of arm talent approaching bigs as cards do?

Brewers back end of pen certainly on paper looks to be in best shape. biggest thing for cards pen imo is the new pitching coach gonna hopefully have big impact on matheny decision making? God i hope so!! That and how quickly and what role will Reyes have? They have a lot of guys and fairly confident the pen will be better, closer certainly a issue at this moment tho, the thought of it being gregerson makes me cringe!! Lol.

Brewers farm system is still very strong even after the Yelich trade. Corbin Burnes should be in the rotation by midseason to join Woodruff who should start the season there. David Stearns has done a great job replenishing the system after Melvin essentially ignored it for years.

One thing I will say is that the Cardinals have a ton of money to make a move but they really have no place to spend it right now. I bet they will be in the Harper mix next offseason.

One thing I will say is that the Cardinals have a ton of money to make a move but they really have no place to spend it right now. I bet they will be in the Harper mix next offseason.

These fucks never spend, they like keeping the money. Lol. They will be in it for him or machado but only for show, they will get outbid. I was really hoping for arrietta. Kills me how much waino getting and how much they still apparently trust him, hope im wrong but his arm looked pretty much shot last season.

Last edited:

pretty sure the Cubs will be making a colossal offer

Since the opening numbers I posted (or close to opening)...

Just in my division...

-CSW has jumped 2 games

-Detroit has lowered 2 games

I was real high on the CWS one but never got a juice low enough to be honest. Oh well.

Detroit is too low now. I still think about 64 games but that is too close to call.

Hard to justify a Sox over imo. What known variables are there that we can trust? That being said it‘s largely guys with mlb experience not like its a minor league team and. Positive youth development like Moncada Anderson i‘d like to believe the hype in Carson Fulmer.

These fucks never spend, they like keeping the money. Lol. They will be in it for him or machado but only for show, they will get outbid. I was really hoping for arrietta. Kills me how much waino getting and how much they still apparently trust him, hope im wrong but his arm looked pretty much shot last season.

I think its maybe also a respect thing hes basically an icon of the franchise. They got pitchers in place ready to step in like now during his dl stint and im pumped for reyes to return
But yea i wish theyd get some more big names for the pen besides just leone tired of sweating games out with matty b!

I dunno, one thing I respect of your Cards is they don't throw money around. I like giving Flaherty a chance and see how fast Reyes can be brought on...worse case if things aren't working out in Starting rotation and you are in it (which I think you will be) you can get yourself a rent an arm after things shake out.

Possible interest in Marlins first 5 tomorrow
Last 2 year Lester not so good in the Day
Need to see ref though

LESTER is 1-2 when starting against MIAMI with an ERA of 4.66 and a WHIP of 1.414.
His team's record is 2-3 (-2.9 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 4-1. (+2.7 units)
JOSE URENA vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
URENA is 2-1 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 3.18 and a WHIP of 1.235.
His team's record is 2-1 (+2.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.3 units)

Last edited:
I dunno, one thing I respect of your Cards is they don't throw money around. I like giving Flaherty a chance and see how fast Reyes can be brought on...worse case if things aren't working out in Starting rotation and you are in it (which I think you will be) you can get yourself a rent an arm after things shake out.

Yea I'm glad they don't spend dumb money, just think they need to spend on a star as we havnt had 1 in some time!! I know they tried w Stanton and actually glad he turned us down cause much rather have shot at Machado than 7 years of stanton.

Flarhery gonna get his chance as waino already on dl. He has looked good as have a lot of other of our young pen arms. Perfectly fine they didn't pay for one of those overpriced closers. Don't really understand gregerson and Norris tho? Glad gregerson hurt, if you gonna commit to using our young guys then do it! Don't cost us games putting these washed up barely ever was beens on the game late!! Lol

I think its maybe also a respect thing hes basically an icon of the franchise. They got pitchers in place ready to step in like now during his dl stint and im pumped for reyes to return
But yea i wish theyd get some more big names for the pen besides just leone tired of sweating games out with matty b!

I know and don't get me wrong I love waino but his numbers been god awful for 2 years now and we paying him a ton! Rather he on dl than costing us games that for sure. We have a lot of really good arms in pen, problem is they all have options and I fear early on we see more of the garbage than we should considering how much talent we have available. After watching this spring im glad they didn't go out and pay for more pen help, just hope the youngsters get chances sooner than later and we don't see a lot of Norris, gregerson, bowman, brebbia!! We have better options!

Possible interest in Marlins first 5 tomorrow
Last 2 year Lester not so good in the Day
Need to see ref though

LESTER is 1-2 when starting against MIAMI with an ERA of 4.66 and a WHIP of 1.414.
His team's record is 2-3 (-2.9 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 4-1. (+2.7 units)
JOSE URENA vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
URENA is 2-1 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 3.18 and a WHIP of 1.235.
His team's record is 2-1 (+2.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.3 units)

Speaking of sneaky first 5s that priced right I like the jays ff. Happ generally strong in march/April, has been great in his career vs yanks, day/night career virtually even era wise. On other hand severino been rather slow starter, worse day splits, and jays have had solid success vs him.

why the hell did MLB.com take out the ability to sort a team's schedule by opponent? Pisses me off

If any of you have a way to quickly find how many games a team plays vs another, i'm all ears

Speaking of sneaky first 5s that priced right I like the jays ff. Happ generally strong in march/April, has been great in his career vs yanks, day/night career virtually even era wise. On other hand severino been rather slow starter, worse day splits, and jays have had solid success vs him.

this is not the same yanks

Back