2018 March Madness 4-man Snake

STEED

CTG Partner
Staff member
Who is in this year?

Take a seed from each region once bracket is announced.

VK? Carlo? Egg? Gwarner? Grind? Scarf?

I’d rather do a nickel, happy to do as many as are open

Steed, grind, scarf, me were first four

Egg, me need two more

I am good with 1k or $500. I am more interested in eliminating the pick the whole winner scenario though if we are putting in that kind of money. I definitely will not be doing a 1-2-4-8 etc system.

1 pt for round of 64 win
1 pt for round of 32 win
2 pts for round of 16 win
2 pts for round of 8 win
3 pts for round of 4 win
3 pts for round of 2 win

That work for you guys?

I would also be interested in one where it is 1 pt per win.

80% to the most pts.
20% if you own the team that wins it all.

If anyone is interested.

I don't want to play a lottery, so I don't want in any kind of "pick the winner" for the whole marbles. I would rather the title game be meaningless than the first three rounds being meaningless.

If anyone wants to play a more flat one then I am in up to $2,000.

For one of those progressive ones, if someone needs an extra entry I will do it for $20 but no larger than that.

Looks like enough people that you don't have to deal with my bullshit but if anyone prefers either of my two structures and wants to do it, let me know.

we did it 1 point per win last year as we do all these pools and that's the way it should be for this

I am good with 1k or $500. I am more interested in eliminating the pick the whole winner scenario though if we are putting in that kind of money. I definitely will not be doing a 1-2-4-8 etc system.

1 pt for round of 64 win
1 pt for round of 32 win
2 pts for round of 16 win
2 pts for round of 8 win
3 pts for round of 4 win
3 pts for round of 2 win

That work for you guys?
Don’t know the rules from year’s past, but to reduce variance, maybe you go 1,1.5,2,2.5,3,3.5 or instead do something like 1,1,1.5,1.5,2,2

I tend to agree that 1-6 leads to more of a pick the winner concept instead of whoever drafts best wins.

Just my 2 cents.

just thinking out loud, if you do 1-6 then it's a pick the champ game and i think what VK is looking for is that each game matters

Ya that is just for me. I am not raining on the parade of anyone who wants to do it another way. I am likely outmatched in knowledge, making it a lottery for me anyway but I need at least the illusion of skill being involved.

Don’t know the rules from year’s past, but to reduce variance, maybe you go 1,1.5,2,2.5,3,3.5 or instead do something like 1,1,1.5,1.5,2,2

I tend to agree that 1-6 leads to more of a pick the winner concept instead of whoever drafts best wins.

Just my 2 cents.

I prefer the later, but could be convinced into either of those as well.

All of you have followed baskets more than me this year anyway. Basically been tailing a friend the whole year and made some money but only had time to follow utep closely. Masochist.

I travel tomorrow.

I meet up with BAR for play in games on Tuesday. I could draft at that time, if he isn't offended. Otherwise, it would have to be a slow draft Monday while I work. That is my schedule.

Also, I didn't mean for my needs to hijack the thread. So sorry to original poster if I derailed anything.

I want 1 point for every win

Steed grind scarf me $500
Vk egg me jump $500

Back out by tonight or I’ll start a thread when i get off the plane

Round 1: 32 games (1pt) 32 points
Round 2: 16 games (2pt) 32 points
Round 3: 8 games (3pt) 24 points
Round 4: 4 games (4pt) 16 points
Round 5: 2 games (5pt) 10 points
Round 6: 1 game (6pt) 6 points

Hardly a "winner takes it all" by picking the winning team. Far more points available in rounds 1 & 2 in this format in my opinion.

If someone wants in on this format, I'm in. $500 or $1,000. For $1,000 I'd be fine with 2nd place gets buy in back.

VK can we rustle up 2 more for a draft tonight? I'm fucked the next two nights to draft honestly, kids baseball draft and then a NCAA Calcutta auction the next night.

Once we have four ready to draft, then agree on structure and pay, then random order it, then go. Ready

I'm not doing 1 point for every win. So I guess we aren't doing it. Steed can't go tonight, seems like we have 3.....

Ok. I travel tomorrow but will have wifi on the plane so might be able to do something in the day

lol. I don't care but would like a version of a heightened value per round.

No i get it. That is how most are set up that I have seen. So yours is more normal.

And I get it that people want a shot after they get decimated the first two days.

I just think it would be better something flatter and then maybe 20% to the owner of the outright winner so that everyone has interest to the end.

It isn't a big deal this year but in some years there is a clear best team and in those years the random number generator picks the winner of the contest. I don't like that either

Back