*****2017 Recruiting Thread*****

texas got 3 kids outta the baylor fallout so far. the duvernay twins and JP urquidez.

pat hudson--automatic o line starter visited OU this past weekend, apparently he's gonna choose between texas, ou, and tcu.

wow, tamu got mond, outta IMG. that's a 4 star qb recruit that was going to baylor before the shit show. #3 dual threat qb out there.

<section class="body article" id="activeArticle" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 20px; overflow: hidden; width: 658.857px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">Craig is on a roll … The hire of former Auburn coach Dameyune Craig as LSU’s new wide receivers coach has paid off in a big way even before his group of receivers hit the field for the 2016 season. Craig got the ball rolling on the recruiting trail with a commitment from four-star Stephen Guidry earlier this spring, and it came at a bit of an unexpected moment given Guidry had just visited Alabama and set his decision date. Things turned when Craig got Guidry on to campus for the team’s Bayou Picnic, and he committed to the Tigers that day. Fast forward to this past weekend, Craig pulled off a two big wins with commitments from Texas receivers Mannie Netherly andJhamon Ausbon. Netherly popped first, committing to the Tigers on Friday night after once being committed to Texas A&M. Ausbon, who many felt was leaning to the Aggies this spring, said Craig’s push for him over the past few weeks reminded him of how much he loved LSU, and he “followed his dream” and announced on Saturday night that he, too, was now committed to the Tigers. In a little more than one month, Craig went from no receivers in the boat to having one of the country’s most impressive classes.

What happens next at WR … With commitments from three talented receivers already in, does LSU take any more wideouts in the 2017 class? It’s the big question Tigers fan have after the weekend, and the reality is we won’t know until another name tries to pop. Sure, if five-star Devonta Smith wanted on board, the staff wouldn’t turn away the state’s top prospect at the position. But what about Karr’s Racey McMath, who earned an offer from the Tigers at camp earlier this month? Or Georgia’sJeremiah Holloman, a four-star prospect who shined at LSU’s camp and already holds an offer? Both guys will continue to be recruited, and there’s certainly a chance they end up with four receivers in the class. There’s also the reality that a current commitment could wind up choosing a different school by National Signing Day, so don’t expect Craig to rest on his laurels now as he continues to recruit his top targets in the 2017 class.

LSU hitting Texas hard … It’s been a great start for LSU in the Lone Star State, locking up commitments from a pair of four-star offensive linemen in Austin Deculusand Edward Ingram before reeling in a pair of four-star wide receivers in Mannie Netherly and Jhamon Ausbon. The Tigers likely aren’t done yet either, with tons of Texas prospects left on the wish list. It’s worth continuing to keep an eye on names like defensive tackle Marvin Wilson, outside linebacker K’Lavon Chaisson, defensive backs Grant Delpit and Kary Vincent and linebacker Levi Jones. All the aforementioned hold offers from LSU and have the Tigers in their top group of teams nearing the midway stretch of summer.

Who is next to pop … With two commitments in 24 hours over the weekend, where does LSU go from here? They are sitting at 14 total verbal pledges, which is good for the No. 5 class in the country. And expect the dominos to continue to fall. The Tigers are seemingly in great shape for both safety Grant Delpit and cornerback Kary Vincent, and both will make their college announcements on June 10, with Delpit announcing from The Opening and Vincent announcing through a television station in Texas. But before then, it’s worth keeping an eye on defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs, who is ranked as the nation’s top JUCO lineman. The Louisiana native said he plans to shut down his recruiting process soon, and the Tigers are coming off a three-day visit with Buggs for the team’s June camp. A commitment from the four-star prospect would be a big shot in the arm for Ed Orgeron’s haul in the trenches.

Sitting in great shape for … There are tons of big names left on the board for LSU in the 2017 class, but there might not be anyone fans ask about more than five-star linebacker Dylan Moses. And following a recent unofficial visit by Moses to meet with LSU head coach Les Miles and defensive coordinator Dave Aranda, it appears the Tigers are settling back into a great position to reel in the Baton Rouge native - who was once committed to LSU before deciding to explore his recruiting process a bit further. Alabama, Texas and a handful of programs are doing all they can to reel in the IMG Academy star, but thing appear to be trending back towards LSU despite the five-star prospect no longer attending high school at University Lab on campus in Baton Rouge. It’s a position of need for the Tigers, and they are seemingly doing all they can to make sure Moses - the potential future in No. 7 at LSU - winds up coming back home for college.

Dead period rundown … The NCAA recruiting calendar turned to the dead period on Monday morning, which runs through July 10. By rule, its the most restrictive time for a college staff when it comes to recruiting prospects, and only letters, emails and calls are allowed. A recruit can still visit LSU’s campus, he just wouldn’t be able to meet with any coaches until after July 10. The quiet period then begins on July 11 and runs through July 31, which opens the door for unofficial visits to campus to get going again. LSU’s annual 7-on-7 and OL/DL camp is set for July 16, then LSU’s Elite Camp is scheduled for July 21-23.
</section><footer class="article-comp" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 10px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0470588);">[h=3]Author[/h]</footer>

Saw that. Reminds me why I don't follow recruiting any more. Nobody knows anything

Devonta Smith announced his top 5.....LSU not in it for the Amite, LA native.......LSU tried for him but he has always been straight up and was never staying home for college. I respect the fuck out of that, save that hat on the table dance. He announced the gumps, nebby, miami and 2 other teams. The reality is that he going to Bama 100%......Bama has a coach from the area and he is tight with Shyheim Carter. Bama is getting a really really good player with real playmaking skills....not a K Bell or Sims or some of the stiffs they got there recently( no disrespect, but the WRs outside of a few have been pretty bad for a Bama standard.....or not to par let us say for this caliber team)

On a bigger note......LSU has to put the hammer down on the area(Tangipahoa) or it could become another North LA problem like we had a few years ago that has been rectified for the most part......a ton of talent coming there from there in the future....

We've had at least one badass WR on our team for every season since 2008 (Julio '08-'10, Amari '12-14, Ridley '15-) except 2011 when our WR were Marquis Maze and Kevin Norwood. Neither were elite guys, but I bet most LSU fans would rather not ever hear the name Kevin Norwood again. I'd be willing to bet that the relative lack of talent at QB plus the stigma as a heavy run team has limited the ability of the staff to recruit elite depth at WR. And probably the system in place overall under Saban may not be a good fit for a lot of elite WR out there

Shaping up to be our best WR class in the Saban era. Who knows how it will end up, or whether they'll pan out, but I think Cooper and Ridley's production, coupled with the potential at QB we have has finally broken through in WR recruiting.

We've had at least one badass WR on our team for every season since 2008 (Julio '08-'10, Amari '12-14, Ridley '15-) except 2011 when our WR were Marquis Maze and Kevin Norwood. Neither were elite guys, but I bet most LSU fans would rather not ever hear the name Kevin Norwood again. I'd be willing to bet that the relative lack of talent at QB plus the stigma as a heavy run team has limited the ability of the staff to recruit elite depth at WR. And probably the system in place overall under Saban may not be a good fit for a lot of elite WR out there

Shaping up to be our best WR class in the Saban era. Who knows how it will end up, or whether they'll pan out, but I think Cooper and Ridley's production, coupled with the potential at QB we have has finally broken through in WR recruiting.

Julio Obv, but we are going back quite a bit there.....Amari, sure........Lack of talent at QB? Let us just compare our systems, because there were mirrors for a while(for the most part).....and then see what LSU got at Wr whilst the QB position has been a national joke.....see what I am saying?

Julio Obv, but we are going back quite a bit there.....Amari, sure........Lack of talent at QB? Let us just compare our systems, because there were mirrors for a while(for the most part).....and then see what LSU got at Wr whilst the QB position has been a national joke.....see what I am saying?

I think LSU has a better natural recruiting base for WR and DBs, but maybe I'm wrong. Also, the way Saban runs his program is not for a lot of elite WR guys who are turned off by the "all business" approach at Alabama. Not saying that to disparage any other programs or insinuate that one is better than the other, just that some players are turned off by the way he runs the program and I could see the typical WR recruit not being drawn to that approach. Guys like Michael Crabtree, Dez Bryant, etc are never going to go to Alabama. Again, not trying to say that Saban's way is better, just that I think that there are more guys who play WR that would not like our way of doing things more than other positions. Plus, the state doesn't produce many FBS level WR to begin with, especially compared to Louisiana

LSU feels good about Marvin Wilson

Elbutre how are the Horns feeling?

Looking good for LSU.....if LSU could Wilson added to already committed Tyler Shlevin.....that would be the top 2 DTs in the country

this class is getting nice for a down year in LA.....just gotta play well on the field

So Tennison is to flip to Bama this weekend?

Why are a lot of Bama 'board' guys not caring about Nico Collins going north most likely?

Ruiz seems to have edged to Bama a bit?(I guess with the UM WR having to go to prep school this turned the tide--no pun--)...(for now)

The incoming Bama QB sure got high raves last weekend.

Hoping Falo is our TE we get now that he is prolly off Bama board due to Tennison

Four-star cornerback Kary Vincent Jr. said his decision will come before the end of July, and there’s a chance the four-star prospect could pop on Friday - giving the LSU staff some added momentum as the team’s second camp of the summer rolls through next weekend.
With an announcement coming soon from the Lone Star State standout, here’s the decision primer.
Kary Vincent Jr.
2017 Class - Memorial High (Port Arthur, Texas)
Four-star, No. 17 cornerback in the country, No. 168 overall prospect
Offer total: 32 scholarship offers

Still in the mix: LSU, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, Florida State

Background: The four-star cornerback is the son of Kary Vincent Sr., a former Texas A&M football standout. But Vincent went through his recruiting process with an open mind, and because of that, more than 30 schools offered him a scholarship to join their program in the 2017 class. At 5-foot-11 and 170 pounds, Vincent is a lockdown cornerback who has some of the best recovery speed in the country. In May, Vincent blew away the field to take home the 6A Texas State Track and Field 200-meter title with a time of 21.09. He clocked a 10.75 100-meter dash in April’s Baytown Rockhold relays. He’s looked the part time and again on the football field and the track, making him one of the most coveted defensive backs in the 2017 class.

The Skinny: Texas A&M was the presumed leader early in his process thanks to his father being part of the Aggies program, but a number of other teams have been relentless with their recruitment of the four-star out of Port Arthur, and that’s likely to pay off as it appears Vincent will leave the Lone Star State for college. Florida State is hoping to get Vincent to campus this month, and the same goes for LSU with the team’s final camp set for next weekend. Corey Raymond and Bradley Dale Peveto have been working tirelessly to get Vincent into the fold, and it looks like that hard work will pay off when he makes his announcement this month.

The Crystal Ball: LSU in the lead with 79% of the predictions

Why are a lot of Bama 'board' guys not caring about Nico Collins going north most likely?

Ruiz seems to have edged to Bama a bit?(I guess with the UM WR having to go to prep school this turned the tide--no pun--)...(for now)

Hoping Falo is our TE we get now that he is prolly off Bama board due to Tennison

he sure did

UM looks to be building a nice class

Collins is a great player, but our WR class should be great without him, so that's likely why there's not much angst. But don't let anyone tell you we "passed" on him. He just likes Michigan better

LSU is hoping for a Kary Vincent commit this weekend...another big time DB recruit from TX, kid has 40 offers

LSU adds Neil Farrell from Mobile AL for the DL

expect his status to skyrocket from what I have read

LSIU is in desperate need of LBs now, but the Dline in really really shaping up back to the big time guys they used to get

One time LSU commit 5 star S/WR Jacoby Stevens announcing Aug 8

I have to feel like Bama got to him......LSU is set here and he would be gravy, but no one seems to know

gps or Aubbie guys?

I've heard both LSU and Alabama feel good with Stevens. Hope we get him. Best safety in class. Jeudy committed to Alabama today. Our WR class looking strong

I've heard both LSU and Alabama feel good with Stevens. Hope we get him. Best safety in class. Jeudy committed to Alabama today. Our WR class looking strong

I am betting Bama, but 2 guys told me LSU today.....and 247 is trending more to the Tigers today than yesterday

On paper if they all fall......would say best yall ever had huh?

I am betting Bama, but 2 guys told me LSU today.....and 247 is trending more to the Tigers today than yesterday

main reason I thought Bama would just be the crowd...we scoop him and that would be 3 of the top 10 for the S position

Jacoby Stevens tomorrow.....looking more and more LSU. Be a huge grab outta state as we lose Devonta in state to Bama likely

Jacoby commits to LSU...big time get

also Travonte Valentine eligible right away....just announced

LSU nabs Alabama native Justin Thomas

not many offers, but had Bama and FSU which tells me he must have some upside

still need Buggs and Marvin doe

Back