2017 Masters

banned after scorecard thing from the Asian Tour. Indonesian Open 85

missed the cut by a shot and then he didn't (or tried not to)

He was banned from Australian Tour back in early 80's...

He had some unpaid bills or something...

Anybody make it to Augusta for practice rds or the Par 3 tomorrow?

So envious of anyone that did.

If the forecast holds up, I think that the Par 3 contest won't get played this year. Storms and windy tomorrow afternoon.

High of 60 on Thursday.

Current Rahm Number

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Thu 4/6[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]8013 J.Rahm makes the cut[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_148" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -450 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]8:00AM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]8014 J.Rahm won't make the cut[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_148" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +330

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

You can cross out Thursday and Friday for getting anything better than 67 is my guess...and that is being generous...

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Thu 4/6[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]9007 Lowest round score over 65½[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_204" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +140 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]8:00AM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]9008 Lowest round score under 65½[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_204" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -170
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Two years ago, you had Spieth's incredible 1st round 64 and then a few Sunday 66's and that was it in the lowest scoring Masters ever.

Saturday is gonna be the lowest scores. If Thursday & Friday forecast hold. There is No Way they don't make the pin placements tough at all on moving day IMO
Moving Day should be FUN!
I would look to bet a lot of the short hitters to make the cut if that prop is out there.
Zach, Snedeker, Furyk, Stricker

Can also make the case for a bunch of low ball hitters, aka Euros, if it's supposed to be so windy

Can also make the case for a bunch of low ball hitters, aka Euros, if it's supposed to be so windy

Look at post #41... here is a passage...

[FONT=&amp]Even more damning is the players who hit the ball too low, a stat that can be tracked with the PGA Tour’s Apex Height measurement (it’s determined with Trackman). Last year, I eliminated five players who I thought had a trajectory that was too low to win at Augusta. Only one of the five players made the cut, Kevin Na (T55). This year, I’m ruling out these nine players: [/FONT]

• Rod Pampling
  • Russell Knox
  • Daniel Berger
  • Ryan Moore
  • Kevin Na
  • Paul Casey
  • Branden Grace
  • Jason Dufner
  • Webb Simpson

Augusta is made for high ball hitting but I have to think the conditions for both Thursday and Friday may have many of them struggle to make the cut. That was my line of thinking when posting that.

Augusta is made for high ball hitting but I have to think the conditions for both Thursday and Friday may have many of them struggle to make the cut. That was my line of thinking when posting that.

Oh I get it, just playing contra is all.

Watching some old Masters Highlights on Golf channel right now.... Love it and the narrator is great
97 Masters Tiger's build was so long & lean then, why he chose to beef up just baffles me still.
Jack shot a 77 Rd 1 that year

C8m3Ww4XsAI-p9o.jpg:large

anybody want to pick 4 golfers for me for a pool of probably 30 people I'm guessing. most will prob pick a lot of chalk golfers like Phil and DJ.

You could steal Charlie Hoffman late. I really like him here.
How are they doing scoring?
Combined score? Who wins?

Depending on how much rain they get, the weather is really setting up to benefit the long hitters, especially Rory. While the wind will keep scores closer to par, I don't think it will necessarily affect one type of ball flight over another. The greens will still be quick and coming in at a shallower angle will make it really tough to get the ball to stop anywhere near the hole. As for lowest scoring day, it has to be Sunday. For one, the weather will be fine. Second, players will fire at more flags knowing they need to make birdies to move up the leaderboard. Third and most important, they already know where the flags will be, particularly on the second nine, so they have practiced those approaches, chips and putts every time they've practiced. Hoping for a bunched up leaderboard with lots of players in the mix on Sunday afternoon like 2011

Cub,

You could just do a quick consensus of the CTG pool. I was thinking of tracking that myself for fun.

Doug FergusonVerified account @dougferguson405 <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134); margin-right: 5px;"> 8m8 minutes ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; position: relative;">More
</button>

Masters favorite Dustin Johnson injures lower back after taking fall on stairs this afternoon. Manager says DJ "hopes" to play tomorrow. Wow

So I had a masters draft at work today I was the number three pick
Spieth went first then Rory.
I take DJ at 3. Right after the draft I hear DJ slips n falls.
MFer. Nice draft pick. Lol
rounded out my draft with Fowler Justin Thomas Sergio.
Our last pick HAS to be a long shot 100-1 odds or higher. I snagged Charlie Hoffmn

I think Hatton or Fleetwood show up. Tomorrow should be very windy not sure how that will effect morning vs afternoon

craw. I really think you are on to something there w/ Fleetwood.
I told myself I was going to keep an eye on him in the next 2 Majors
I had him circled in my notes for The Open, this year.

Some really good insight here guys, thanks. DJ getting hurt changes the landscape quite a bit.

Here's how I'm breaking it down

1st round matchup: Kevin Na +$140 over Paul Casey $300/$420 Hideki Matsuyama +$110 over Rickie Fowler $500/$550 Jason Day -$105 over Justin Rose $420/$400

to miss cut: Rickie Fowler +$450 $200/$900

to finish top 5: Kevin Na +$3,000 $100/$3,000 Hideki Matsuyama +$350 $300/$1,050

top left handed golfer: Bubba Watson +$110 $500/$550
other choices were Phil Mickelson & Mike Weir

Found a prop I like.
Will there be a Hole in 1 NO +110

Yes is -140

Nice that you can basically eliminate #4 and #12 since 4 is so long (though they are playing the member tees on this hole today) and hardly anyone fires at the pin on 12. #6 and 16 would make me nervous since the greens feed into the some of the pin positions. Good luck!

I think Hatton or Fleetwood show up. Tomorrow should be very windy not sure how that will effect morning vs afternoon

I like Hatton to make some noise too. He's been playing really well and is a phenomenal putter

"Hello Friends"
Found another prop I like.
Will there be a playoff. Yes +240

So many names. Such a great Masters so far... Why not some extra holes this evening.

Ranking and scoring by finishing position since 2000

[TABLE="width: 399"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]# players[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]17[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]99[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]192[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]723[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Winner[/TD]
[TD]Top 5[/TD]
[TD]Top 10[/TD]
[TD]Other[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Accuracy[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]25.53[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]26.96[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]25.10[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]23.75[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Distance[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]17.47[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]21.10[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]21.76[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]26.36[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]GIR[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6.24[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]12.25[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]13.90[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]26.68[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Putting[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]17.41[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]15.88[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]18.30[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]25.64[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Par 3's[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]23[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]102[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1785[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]avg[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-0.06[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0.23[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0.53[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2.47[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Par 4's[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-35[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]27[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]238[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4744[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-2.06[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0.27[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.24[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6.56[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Par 5's[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-136[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-723[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-1316[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-3140[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-8.00[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-7.30[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-6.85[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-4.34[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Sergio – 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in Accuracy, 6[SUP]th[/SUP] in Distance, 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in GIR, 20[SUP]th[/SUP] in Putting

Par 3’s +1
Par 4’s -3
Par 5’s -7

All 12 of the previous winners made the cut the previous year Check

7 of the past 12 winners had shot 67 or better at least once, and 23 of the past 25 had shot in the 60’s. [FONT=&amp]Check[/FONT]

The past 12 winner had all finished in the top 38 at least once before, and 9 had finished top 20 [FONT=&amp]Check[/FONT]

Only 6 of the last 13 finished top 10 the year before [FONT=&amp]Check T34th last year[/FONT]

Each of the last 12 winners had won at least 3 times on the US or European Tour, and all had won in the 12 months prior. On 3 had won that calendar year. However, 11 of the 12 had finished in the top 10 at least once that calendar year. [FONT=&amp]Check, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Check & [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Check[/FONT]

10 of the last 12 were ranked in the world top 30, and 8 were in the top 20. [FONT=&amp]Check[/FONT]

The last world #1 to win was Eldrick in 2005

History repeats. Things to remember for next year

Back