2017-18 Bowl Games w Marsski

ADD:

Dec. 27 Arizona Wildcats TT Over 34.5 to win 1 unit (-120)
Dec. 27 Mizzou -2.5 to win 1 unit (-120)
Dec. 28 Navy -1 to win 1 unit (-105)

Thanks BAR...

One angle I like to look at for bowl season are teams that haven't been to a bowl vs. experienced bowl programs. It's even better if you have an inexperienced coach with bowl prep vs. an experienced one. I just use a five-year cycle because that accounts for the players in the program...

There's five games that apply this year:

1. Purdue vs. Arizona
Purdue--no bowls since 2012 loss to OK St
Coach Brohm: first year coach but 2 bowl wins @ Wky

Zona: No bowl LY but bowls in 15,14,13,12
Coach Dick Rod: 3-1 in bowls @ Zona, 5-5 overall

2. Fla Intl vs Temple
Fla Intl-- no bowls since 2011
Coach Davis: first year coach but 5-2 previous

Temple--lost bowl games in 16,15
Coach Collins: first year coach, first bowl game

3. UAB vs. Ohio
UAB--first year eligible for bowl so this one is a little different...
Coach Clark: 2nd year, first bowl game

Ohio--4 bowl games 16,15,13,12
Coach Solich: 2-6 @ Ohio in bowl games, 4-9 overall

4. N Mex St vs. Utah St
NMST--no bowls since 1960
Coach Martin: 5th year @ NMST, never coached in a bowl

Utah St--No bowl last year but bowls in 15, 14, 13,12
Coach Wells: 2-1 in bowls @ Utah St

5. Virginia vs. Navy
Virginia--no bowls since 2011
Coach Mendenhall: 2nd year at Va., 6-5 in bowls at BYU

Navy--bowls in 16,15,14,13,12
Coach Niumatalolo: 4-5 in bowls @ Navy

So the plays fitting this system would be Arizona -3.5, Temple -7, Ohio -7.5, Utah St -3.5, and Navy (?).

I probably would toss Temple because their Coach hasn't been and Butch Davis has 7 bowl games.

I really like Navy under this system...of course, they do have a game left so have to wait to see spread and if they have major injuries vs Army. Utah St also stands out...

This system is 2-0 with Zona and Navy to come in next 24 hours.

Thanks BAR...

One angle I like to look at for bowl season are teams that haven't been to a bowl vs. experienced bowl programs. It's even better if you have an inexperienced coach with bowl prep vs. an experienced one. I just use a five-year cycle because that accounts for the players in the program...

There's five games that apply this year:

1. Purdue vs. Arizona
Purdue--no bowls since 2012 loss to OK St
Coach Brohm: first year coach but 2 bowl wins @ Wky

Zona: No bowl LY but bowls in 15,14,13,12
Coach Dick Rod: 3-1 in bowls @ Zona, 5-5 overall

2. Fla Intl vs Temple
Fla Intl-- no bowls since 2011
Coach Davis: first year coach but 5-2 previous

Temple--lost bowl games in 16,15
Coach Collins: first year coach, first bowl game

3. UAB vs. Ohio
UAB--first year eligible for bowl so this one is a little different...
Coach Clark: 2nd year, first bowl game

Ohio--4 bowl games 16,15,13,12
Coach Solich: 2-6 @ Ohio in bowl games, 4-9 overall

4. N Mex St vs. Utah St
NMST--no bowls since 1960
Coach Martin: 5th year @ NMST, never coached in a bowl

Utah St--No bowl last year but bowls in 15, 14, 13,12
Coach Wells: 2-1 in bowls @ Utah St

5. Virginia vs. Navy
Virginia--no bowls since 2011
Coach Mendenhall: 2nd year at Va., 6-5 in bowls at BYU

Navy--bowls in 16,15,14,13,12
Coach Niumatalolo: 4-5 in bowls @ Navy

So the plays fitting this system would be Arizona -3.5, Temple -7, Ohio -7.5, Utah St -3.5, and Navy (?).

I probably would toss Temple because their Coach hasn't been and Butch Davis has 7 bowl games.

I really like Navy under this system...of course, they do have a game left so have to wait to see spread and if they have major injuries vs Army. Utah St also stands out...
The only one I disagreed with in the beginning was Purdue because of the coaching edge to Purdue but I may have to join on Utah St. Rooting for you to go 4-1 here.

I like all 3 of these a bunch so why not?

ADD:
3 team parlay: Navy -1.5/Ok State -5.5/THE OSU -7 1 unit to win 5.27

The only one I disagreed with in the beginning was Purdue because of the coaching edge to Purdue but I may have to join on Utah St. Rooting for you to go 4-1 here.

I didn't play Temple or Zona because of coaching basically. But I liked the other 3...

Good luck

275px-OSIRIS_Mars_true_color.jpg

Thoughts on OSU/USC:

Finally, OSU gets to play USC not on their home field as we see with the Rose Bowl...I expect the usual heavy OSU alumni travel as everyone seems jazzed to play USC, not down in the dumps about not being in the playoff like I thought.

I look at this game and I keep coming back to the line of scrimmage. Shouldn't OSU have success with their power run game? And once they establish that it's usually Good Night Irene* as the play action starts clicking etc. Only way to stop OSU is to stop the run and then make JT beat you with his sometimes questionable accuracy. And I don't see USC stopping the run here. So I think OSU gets their points.
Similarly, I think OSU's defensive line is going to give USC fits especially when they try to run the ball. I suppose Darnold could throw all over the Buckeyes (lord knows Mayfield did) but he's got 12 picks...I know most were earlier in the year. Can a one-dimensional Southern Cal stay in a game where I expect OSU to have great success offensively? I doubt it.
I'm admittedly biased when it comes to the Buckeyes, but I just think its a really good match-up and I think they care about winning to show they were a great team this year.

*Old Man reference

Thought about hedging but I think i'm just going to let my various parlays ride. Suddenly have The OSU pretty big tonight.

#89 overall defense has played some bad offensive teams (Fla #110, Vandy #104, Tenn #124, SC #107) or the numbers would look even worse. NW QB has thrown 5 TDs vs. one pick coming home in L3 and Jackson has had some big games on the ground during the 7 game winning streak. I expect 30+ out of these guys.

ADD:

NW Team Total Over 29.5 to win 1 unit (-120)

Last edited:
Just figured out that the Canes are playing in Miami. Somehow this had slipped my attention. I don't think Wisky can bully these guys in their own backyard. Much prefer Miami QB.

ADD:

Canes +4.5 to win 1 unit

Just figured out that the Canes are playing in Miami. Somehow this had slipped my attention. I don't think Wisky can bully these guys in their own backyard. Much prefer Miami QB.

ADD:

Canes +4.5 to win 1 unit
LOL good call Marss, did not even see that the game was being played at the HARD literally at home.

More OSU props

ADD:

KJ Hill ov 40.5 REC yards to win half unit -110; Ov 44.5 to win .25 unit -110
Parris Campbell ov 50.5 REC yards to win half unit (-110)
JT Ov 314.5 yards (PASS/RUN) betting half unit (+120)

OSU's 'offense' is pretty fucking weird.

Hope you still came out ahead on the game despite the prop losses.

Yeah, my 3 teamer cashed. A little surprised that OSU couldn't move the ball on the ground.

ADD:

Ville -6.5 to win half unit (-120)

Back