2015 CTG Fantasy Baseball League 2

I dont think most will have an issue with this but I would like to switching the league to 'continuous waivers with FAAB bidding' to avoid the FA scramble so everyone has an equal chance to get a player.

Its definitely different than the scramble to grab a guy mid day - we're all grown up here and should probably be able to respect the fact we all have jobs and lives.

ill need to figure it out.

does someone know how this works? i think espn leagues are set up like this - i just have never done one of those.

If I want players to always be on waivers, and for waivers to process daily - I should select all the days right?

View attachment 38274

Hey now, what are you doing??

If you want to put Continuous waivers on then that needs to be voted on. That's a big change to make from the previous years. This setting would also make it impossible to Spot start a pitcher for a one day pitching matchup because it would have to process through waivers after the next day. So 2 days later.

That's kinda fucked up to change the rules that much without asking the league.

Per yahoo info:

Level the playing field in your custom league and prevent the weekly mad dash for free agents by enabling "continuous" waivers so that all unclaimed players are on waivers at all times.
In standard leagues, all unclaimed players become free agents after a brief waiver period. Once that period is up, players who weren't claimed are eligible to be picked up by any team.
When a commissioner enables "continuous" waivers in their custom league, all unowned players are on waivers at all times.

So you want to spot start a pitcher on Sunday but because of the setting if you don't plan ahead on Friday you won't get him? And even so your not guaranteed to get him through waivers? I don't see how that helps make the game fair.

Last edited:
and shit I'm reading the rules to the continuous waivers and it's totally fucked. you can't drop or make changes to any player that is "scheduled to play" regardless if their in an active roster spot. Even if they're on your bench and their team plays that day they can't be dropped.

And the way you have the setting of 2 days for the Waiver time Reviews means that with the Continuous Rolling list is even worse. You would have to plan ahead 3 days for a pickup, that is annoying. Really annoying.

So to make a planned move for Friday, you would need to get the move in my Tuesday? And even then you wouldn't be sure your going to get the player. So how do you make a backup move without knowing which Waiver spot your going to get. How does that make things more fun?

Say a star player gets injured and you want to pickup someone to fill the spot. You're shit out of luck for 3 days due to this setting? No thanks.

This setting is for FAAB leagues and it doesn't work here.

Is there any reasoning for the 2 day waiver time? Why not just 1 day? Who does that serve?

1) Chickencoups (not on CTG)
2) orangemonk
3) renew
4) theHbomb
5) Baton Rouge Bombers (not on ctg)
6) teeed
7) wreck
8) Grind
9) ivy
10) DeFaz
11) Gators31
12) gsro

I'm ready to send payment but it would be nice to get this waiver change situation resolved.

Hey now, what are you doing??

If you want to put Continuous waivers on then that needs to be voted on. That's a big change to make from the previous years. This setting would also make it impossible to Spot start a pitcher for a one day pitching matchup because it would have to process through waivers after the next day. So 2 days later.

That's kinda fucked up to change the rules that much without asking the league.

Per yahoo info:

So you want to spot start a pitcher on Sunday but because of the setting if you don't plan ahead on Friday you won't get him? And even so your not guaranteed to get him through waivers? I don't see how that helps make the game fair.

did i ever change anything? no

thanks for clarifying everything. we can look into something next year bc yes the current system rewards whoever gets onto a computer first - you cant argue that. will it likely change? probably not because no one really cares much about the settings to respond.

always done 2 day, its default. would I change it to 1? sure - but id also like to not reward simply based on whos got a quick finger or more free time.

why are you always so high strung?

Last edited:
Sorry guys, was away on a golf trip and just got back the other day. I will get that sent over the weekend.

G

did i ever change anything? no

thanks for clarifying everything. we can look into something next year bc yes the current system rewards whoever gets onto a computer first - you cant argue that. will it likely change? probably not because no one really cares much about the settings to respond.

always done 2 day, its default. would I change it to 1? sure - but id also like to not reward simply based on whos got a quick finger or more free time.

why are you always so high strung?

you are aware that yahoo has an app for this right?

2) orangemonk
3) renew
4) theHbomb
6) teeed
7) wreck
8) Grind
9) ivy
10) DeFaz
11) Gators31
12) gsro

just sent defaz a PM asking for email, but just saw it in this thread. Will take care of this today, a lot of things happening here at home.

Waiting on wreck, ivy, gsro.

Make sure u send as friend, monk it deducted fees 3.50 but don't worry I'll cover your mistake. Fucking Michigan kids

I usually get email, didn't see one for you. I'll check pp
let me know if you got it or not, just checked and everything seemed ok on PP, if not i'll have to call them today to rectify if there is an issue

draft order is set. see yall tomorrow.

renew has used the FFToolbox.com random draft order generator for the CTG Fantasy Baseball League 2 league. To verify the results visit this page: http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm?id=109604
The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:
1 - DeFaz
2 - renew
3 - Gin & Tanaka
4 - koroooooooooooo
5 - orangemonk
6 - Grind
7 - Baton Rouge Bombers
8 - wreck
9 - Billivytothewall
10 - Gators31
11 - Guaranteeeds
12 - Chickencoups

Regards,
FFToolbox.com

2) orangemonk
3) renew

4) theHbomb
6) teeed
7) wreck
8) Grind
9) ivy
10) DeFaz
11) Gators31
12) gsro

Compaliner WRECK send in your $, GSRO double check u sent to right address- Still nothing. IVY quit fucking beating off to worms facebook page and send your money BALLER

Compaliner WRECK send in your $, GSRO double check u sent to right address- Still nothing. IVY quit fucking beating off to worms facebook page and send your money BALLER
i'll give them a call after work, double checked everything and it's right

2) orangemonk
3) renew
4) theHbomb
6) teeed
7) wreck
8) Grind
9) ivy
10) DeFaz
11) Gators31