2014 Offical Notre Dame Thread

Some Thoughts:
As I go back and forth on this Rice game.......I was thinking the whole time I would take Rice in this game plus the points but then the spread shifted from 24.5 to 21. Now I am scratching my head wondering. Rice graduated Taylor McHargue so they are rolling with a QB that will make his first start at ND stadium. They also lost there RB Ross who was their stud. On the other side...ND comes in with Golson which IMO is a monnnnnster upgrade from anything we put on the field last year. Golson adds so much to the offence that was lacking last year... a run game. A very very good run game...I would even go to say that it is a upgrade from the 2012 team of Atkinson/theo/wood. Folston/Bryant/Cam will be extremely hard to slow down along with a OL which will be solid. Needless to say...I think ND will wear down Rice fairly quickly. I think ND should put up AT LEAST 35 points if not more. So..ND TT is something i have my radar.

On the other side of the ball...there is a ton of questions to ND's D and rightfully so. So many freshman that are going to be playing its crazy. Vangorder will be putting a tonnnnnn of pressure on this qb and trying to different blitzes that should keep him confused all day/throwing interceptions. I can honestly only speculate of what will happen because no one truly knows what Vangorder will bring or do. I know that our secondary and Jaylon Smith will be tough. I think the other LB's and DL for the most part will struggle. Jarron Jones will dictate the front line.

Prediction
Notre Dame 41
Rice 13

If it hits 20..it will be an automatic play...but I think the TT will have the most value.

:shake:

Last edited:
Golson looked outstanding. This defense will not hold up against running teams.

Huge upgrade in special teams play.

Will Fuller has elite speed, he will get over the top on any defense we play this year, including FSU. This WR core has a chance to be special. 5 guys who can really play.

nice start to the season

wow..i was actually pretty spot on with what i thought would happen. I was pretty impressed with myself haha

Golson looked outstanding. This defense will not hold up against running teams.

Huge upgrade in special teams play.

Will Fuller has elite speed, he will get over the top on any defense we play this year, including FSU. This WR core has a chance to be special. 5 guys who can really play.

nice start to the season

Golson looked pretty good. The run game is back baby! The defense played ok/blown assignments and I am worried about them holding up against running teams myself. They also srugggggled bad against crossing routes. Jaylon looks almost faster than last year and looks ripped as hell. He is one for the ages. Schmidt actually played pretty well and was very impressed by him.

Special teams prolly had more return yards than all of last year hahaha

ND was very impressive to me but I realize it was only Rice. If they can clean up that D and get their assignments down, i think they can be good. I think the best they can do is 11-1...worst they can do is 8-4 imho

you going to be around for the Michigan game au?

Notre Dame and Ohio State, two of the most storied traditions in college football, have agreed to a two year, home-and-home football series in 2022 and 2023.
10599484_882790851750462_6698546851567774074_n.jpg

Rumors are floating around out there...and i know i said this before that the hearings should all be wrapped up this week and announced.

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Sat 9/13[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]179 Purdue[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S1_41" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +28 -110[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_41" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +3000 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L1_41" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> o56 -110 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]7:30PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]180 Notre Dame[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S2_41" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -28 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_41" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -7000 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L2_41" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> u56 -110 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Obviously a trap game here and will have more thoughts tomorrow on this game. I really like the Under 56. I think ND does come out flat a bit and it takes a bit for the offence to really get going. Right now I am picturing a 35-10 game. The most points Purdue will score imo is 17 but I could also see ND holding them to 3 points.

I'll keep talking to myself in here...through smitty and doomer would be in here a bit more. All well............

Notre Dame -27.5 and the under is the play on Saturday. Most people would say this is simply a let down spot which I can not argue just based on what ND did last weekend....however Notre Dame is playing very very well right now and are motivated for the Shamrock Series every year. The jerseys...the city...the coverage all add up for ND getting up for this game. Plus you throw in the past 2 years have been real real close games. Golson was yanked 2 years ago and couldn't even finish the game when Tommy came in to save the day so he will be ready. Last year we should of lost that game but got squeaked one out to a QB that didn't even finish of the year at the position. All these things motivate ND to really lay the hammer for a 28 plus victory. I think purdue gets 10-14 points.

Prediction: ND 41-10

Looking Good so far... Have yet to see more than a couple of minutes of both games but that changes this weekend. GL this weekend!

GO Irish

Back