[TR="bgcolor: #ffd371"]
[TD="class: tournament-heading, colspan: 4, align: center"]Shamrock Series[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f1f1f1"]
[TD="class: row-text"]09/13/14[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]vs. Purdue
media-icon-tv.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]Indianapolis, Ind.
(Lucas Oil Stadium)[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]7:30 p.m. ET[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 100%, colspan: 4"]
spacer.gif

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: row-text"]09/27/14[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]at Syracuse
media-icon-tv.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]East Rutherford, N.J.
(MetLife Stadium)[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]TBA[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #d1d1d1"]
[TD="class: row-text"]10/04/14[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]vs. Stanford
media-icon-tv.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]Notre Dame, Ind.[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]3:30 p.m. ET[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: row-text"]10/11/14[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]vs. North Carolina
media-icon-tv.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: row-text"]10/18/14[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]at Florida State
media-icon-tv.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]Tallahassee, Fla.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: row-text"]11/01/14[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]vs. Navy
media-icon-tv.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]Landover, Md.
(FedEx Field)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: row-text"]11/08/14[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]at Arizona State
media-icon-tv.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]Tempe, Ariz.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: row-text"]11/15/14[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]vs. Northwestern
media-icon-tv.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: row-text"]11/22/14[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]vs. Louisville
media-icon-tv.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: row-text"]11/29/14[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]at USC
media-icon-tv.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: row-text"]Los Angeles, Calif.[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Offense should be good to excellent.

I expect the defense to be horrible, despite having some really nice pieces. If Jaylon Smith stays healthy, he should have a fantastic season. They just aren't strong enough on the line and the rest of the LB core is horrible. Really hope one of the freshman can play.

Brutal...you probably like the field turf too!

The more I look at this defense, the worse I feel about the season.
Joe Schmidt and John Turner starting at LB? Jesus.
Only 1 proven player worth a shit on the DL and a bunch of nobodys and never was's. No depth on top of that.
Secondary might hold it's own but it won't matter against anyone who wants to run the football.
Loving the new Under Armour jerseys..:tiphat:

Brutal...you probably like the field turf too!

I sure do.......field was getting in rough rough shape and has been for a few years.

I'm not sold on the D. i'll get to a little write up tomorrow on the D but i'm more excited about them then the average ND fan.

Agree it is at least 8...have already hit the over 7.5

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Sat 8/30[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]30769 Notre Dame total wins over 7½[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_307" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -125 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]3:30PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]30770 Notre Dame total wins under 7½[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_307" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +105 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Not trying to be Debbie Downer, but why does everyone talk about KeiVarae Russell in glowing terms? Dude hasn't done shit despite playing a ton and isn't particularly big, physical or fast. Everyone talks about him playing NFL and I just don't see it. He won freshman awards mainly because the defense had a great rep. He played 10 yards off in zone every play and still got burned on occasion. I don't get it. What plays are on his highlight reel? Am I forgetting some big INTs or hits he's made? Two picks as a Frosh and 1 as a soph.

On the field turf, yes the grass field was an embarassment but they have a disphit brigade running things up here. During the field turf install, they had to dig out 7 layers of sod and the soil underneath was compacted hard as concrete. Any fucking moron whose had a garden for more than 1 season knows it starts with the soil when growing FUCKING ANYTHING. How can they have an entire crew of people whose entire job is to grow grass on a field which is used 7 times a year and they don't know the most basic thing about their job? It's a god damn joke. There is a complete lack of accountability in their culture.

Real teams play on grass...period. Natural things are superior to synthetic things. Grass, leather, tits, foods...you name it.

If they can grow grass at Michigan State, they can grow it at ND.

I sure do.......field was getting in rough rough shape and has been for a few years.

I'm not sold on the D. i'll get to a little write up tomorrow on the D but i'm more excited about them then the average ND fan.

any rumors going on about golson/zaire? after all the politicking, game playing with the media and they're a couple games in, people are gonna find out that zaire is far and away the best qb notre dame has had in some time. wish he was taller and he's far from polished but the kid has game. golson just doesn't have the accuracy to take advantage of all the weapons. not exactly revealing anything new there

The practice reports I've read say Golson is clearly outplaying him in practice.

any rumors going on about golson/zaire? after all the politicking, game playing with the media and they're a couple games in, people are gonna find out that zaire is far and away the best qb notre dame has had in some time. wish he was taller and he's far from polished but the kid has game. golson just doesn't have the accuracy to take advantage of all the weapons. not exactly revealing anything new there

thanks au. kelly has eluded several times to zaire not being a practice player and being a gamer. some guys are just sharper that way

Golson is undefeated as a started and has taken this team to the highest level in college football. I'm not sure what you mean by this but Golson will be the man barring a brutal start to the season...He would almost need to lose to Rice to lose the job. I agree Zaire will be the man in a few years and be one hell of a quarterback which I am very excited about but the man behind center barring injuries for all 13 games will be Everett.

Thoughts on Rice game. I just don't think ND is that good to be laying that amount of points to a team with a pulse.

Thoughts on Rice game. I just don't think ND is that good to be laying that amount of points to a team with a pulse.

Well..I will say I don't think I will be betting this. I am still going to be digging into it a little deeper but Notre Dame as a 20 something favorite typically does not cover. A Michigan on deck, a rusty Golson, a new D coordinator with a completely different scheme doesn't sound like a very good philosophy for covering a 23. Rice had a pretty good year last year and I see them as a team that should be about the same....so for now..i won't play it but if I was to at this current moment..i would take rice +23 or 24.

A few more...

Freshman Andrew Trumbetti has emerged as the starting Weakside DE

Florida transfer Cody Riggs is the starting CB but Cole Luke will play a bunch

Soph WR convert, James Onwualu has emerged as the starting Sam LB

Freshman Nyles Morgan seems to be pushing for minutes at Mike LB

Freshman Jhonny Williams and Kolin Hill will be 3rd down rushers early on

OL and WR rotation still being worked out

Max Redfield looks like he will start at safety.

Everett Golson named the starter for Rice.......not that it needed to be released.

A few more...

Freshman Andrew Trumbetti has emerged as the starting Weakside DE

Florida transfer Cody Riggs is the starting CB but Cole Luke will play a bunch

Soph WR convert, James Onwualu has emerged as the starting Sam LB

Freshman Nyles Morgan seems to be pushing for minutes at Mike LB

Freshman Jhonny Williams and Kolin Hill will be 3rd down rushers early on

OL and WR rotation still being worked out

Max Redfield looks like he will start at safety.

So many young young freshman on D that are going to be seeing the field a lot..what are your thoughts on this?

I'm nervous about the depth at DL and LB. I think they will really struggle with any team who likes to run the football.

Stanford is custom built to destroy ND on defense this year.

So many young young freshman on D that are going to be seeing the field a lot..what are your thoughts on this?

LostLettermen.com@LostLettermen <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 3h </small> <button role="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-tooltip" data-delay="0" data-placement="top" aria-haspopup="true" data-original-title="More" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-family: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> More</button>

Ruh roh. RT @RedditCFB: Our sources can confirm: Russell, Daniels, Moore, and Williams all expelled, all 12 wins from 2012 vacated

LostLettermen.com@LostLettermen <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 3h </small> <button role="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-tooltip" data-delay="0" data-placement="top" aria-haspopup="true" data-original-title="More" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-family: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> More</button>

Ruh roh. RT @RedditCFB: Our sources can confirm: Russell, Daniels, Moore, and Williams all expelled, all 12 wins from 2012 vacated

I've been keeping an eye on this all day. Nothing has been confirmed yet but not looking good for sure.

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In all fairness, TripAdvisorlists academic fraud as the fourth most exciting thing to do in South Bend.</p>&mdash; The Solid Verbal (@SolidVerbal) <a href="https://twitter.com/SolidVerbal/statuses/500341352564293632">August 15, 2014</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en">In all fairness, TripAdvisorlists academic fraud as the fourth most exciting thing to do in South Bend.
— The Solid Verbal (@SolidVerbal) August 15, 2014 <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
hahaha not bad

All joking aside..I will say if true, I am glad the university is catching this crap and reacting quickly on it instead of turning their heads. I'm not sure most universities would do that.</blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet">

oh my

All you need now is to have Kelly responsibly for the death of a student .... oh wait .. nevermind

Kelly's record at Notre Dame: 1 intern killed due to negligence, 1 suicide due to player rape, at least 5 key players expelled

vacated wins are the dumbest punishment in history

I disagree if its warranted. If you used players who would have otherwise been ineligible, it makes perfect sense. Granted, your point may be like when they took our banners with CWebb and co for Final 4 and stuff and everyone knew it happened anyway, big deal. But to the players, a lot of them do care and as BAR mentioned, though nobody really like us care, a lot of other people do.

Good point. All of us Catholics had a vote on that a while back and decided it was ok.

LOL, think of the raping of young boys i must support, I am catholic and I defended JoePa

I guess my unborn son will have never had a chance with me.

Kelly's record at Notre Dame: 1 intern killed due to negligence, 1 suicide due to player rape, at least 5 key players expelled

How could you leave out one imaginary dead girlfriend tugging at the heart of a nation?

Rumors floating around say that DaVaris Daniels is going to be cleared early next week. We shall see.....

Great quote from his dad

"I talked to DeVaris, and I was at ease when I talked to him," Daniels said. "I know my son. I know he did the right things. He just came off of suspension – and the thing is, if he was getting so much help, I don't think he would have went through the suspension in the first place."

Back