2013 Soccer Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Son_of_A_Legend
  • Start date Start date
S

Son_of_A_Legend

England
Liverpool, -238, win 2.00 units.
Manchester United, +110, risk 1.00 unit.

Dutch
Groningen, +136, risk 1.00 unit.
Zwolle, +169, risk 1.00 unit.

French
Valenciennes, +274, risk 1.00 unit.

Dutch
Heerenveen, -159, win 1.00 unit.

England
Chelsea, -460, win 1.50 units.

Spain
Barcelona, -1116, win 0.50 unit.
Real Madrid, -643, win 1.00 unit.

I will LOL at playing a -1116 ML son all day n all night

It did win 7-0

I never understand why people laugh at people who play huge favs. Let's say you cap a game and you cap it at Team A -3000 and Team B +2200. Let's say the line comes out at Team B +3400. Well of course you'd play it right. So why not play it if the line comes out Team A -1100. The goal is to find value. If the books know that people are only going to play dogs and no one is going to play the huge fav MLs then they can shade the dog line down. Maybe that's whats happening and maybe some are able to find value with large ML favorites. Personally I'm not that kind of capper and I don't have the ability to find good value with large ML favorites. However that doesn't mean that others can't.

It did win 7-0

I never understand why people laugh at people who play huge favs. Let's say you cap a game and you cap it at Team A -3000 and Team B +2200. Let's say the line comes out at Team B +3400. Well of course you'd play it right. So why not play it if the line comes out Team A -1100. The goal is to find value. If the books know that people are only going to play dogs and no one is going to play the huge fav MLs then they can shade the dog line down. Maybe that's whats happening and maybe some are able to find value with large ML favorites. Personally I'm not that kind of capper and I don't have the ability to find good value with large ML favorites. However that doesn't mean that others can't.
One slip can cost you a hurting. Big time. If you bet with real money.

Had to be sweating RM. GL the rest of the way.
Yup, wasn't real happy especially how the first half was played but they got the win and that's what was wanted most (by me). Thank you and to you as well.

It did win 7-0

Funny how some will ALWAYS find something to bitch about - worse than a woman on the rag (apologies to any female readers for that but some of the guys here are really ... well, you know). The thing is nobody caps a game the exact way, person to person, processes may be similar but a 100% match. Going with a higher favorite is risky to some, for they are operating on and/or with scared money. If one is going to wager on any factor, be able to lose the wagered money and it not effect your lifestyle. Value is a term that varies from person to person because if I operate on the premiss a money-line off by 20, that's value. Yet, some would want 30 or more. I understand the concept pretty well and know most don't/won't wager as I do, that's fine, but I know I win more often than lose over the course of the season and by win I mean being cash/unit positive. There are also times when the dog can present excellent opportunies (in-game, second half, etc).

your're forgetting possibility of a draw
This is the one thing that took a while to learn because most sports have a winner and a loser. If you have a game that has two equal teams, both with several ties already, dig into it and one would most likely find the draw is the best option on that game.

True but my point was there can be value found in large favorites. Not my strength but doesn't mean it can't be done by others
100% correct.

One slip can cost you a hurting. Big time. If you bet with real money.
If one can't afford to lose their money, it would be wiser to no longer wager. While you and others seem to have issues and problems with what I list, it's okay because IT'S NOT YOUR MONEY, IT'S MINE on the line. The more you and others p&m about it, the more I'm glad things keep winning if for no other reason just to whiz you jokers off.

Back