2013-14 International Plays

Schrute

Assistant __ ___ Regional Mod
1-0-0 +1.00

Will be focusing more on the international game because I do enjoy it more than club level and it's easier to keep up with for me. With WCQ heating back up I'm jumping in. These plays are smaller than CFB, CBB and MLB plays but I hope to do well

Last edited:
Qatar -121 vs Latvia
Qatar have been playing well since February 2013 with a 2-1 WCQ loss to South Korea and a 1-0 ACQ loss to Bahrain as their only blemish. They host this game as their final tuneup before WCQ begins again in June and they do have an outside shot at making the WC playoff which would be a tremendous step. Latvia on the other hand can only seem to beat Lichtenstein and is essentially out of their WCQ group as they are 6 points out of the playoff.

Turkey Latvia O2.5 -127
Qatar just beat Latvia 3-1 and they are a goal giving up machine. They have shown the ability to score at least a goal against most squads. I anticipate a pretty solid offensive outburst from Turkey leading to a 3-1 win or so. I'd rather play this instead of the -1.5 though just in case Turkey have some lapses leading to a late easy Latvian goal.

Canada/Costa Rica Draw +219
Really feel like this one could end 0-0. Both with young squads and Canada's interim coach stated his main purpose was see the players play hard and not give up easy goals. Think there could be some mistakes on easy chances here and I like my shot at a draw. Both squads going without a few key players as Canada tries to finalize their Gold Cup squad and CR are holding some players out ahead of WCQ starting back next week. Perhaps the under would have been a smarter play but I like the value of the draw here. I'd be shocked if either team scored more than a goal

3-1 turkey in 64th minute

Latvian defense continues to be horrendous

Break even day at worst but hoping for a big day with a draw tonight

Well that's what I was thinking but they just tied it at 3

I'm assuming turkey are getting some of the young guys experience with the 3-1 lead. Otherwise they're fucked come next week

thanks Hugh

oh well, breakeven night. Canada just couldn't get a goal. Was hoping for 0-0 but CR struck early

Ecuador +407 vs Germany 0.50 unit bet
Germany squad full of 19-20 year olds after the Dortmund Bayern CL final. These kids have spent the week in Miami. They play the US next in DC. Seems like a potential lookahead spot. Ecuador have been playing great recently and may be able to sit on a lead should the get ahead. Klose is the main thing that scares me here but line seems out of whack

Qatar -110 vs Azerbaijan
Read my Qatar thoughts above. These guys have been playing solid, are at home again and are about to trim the roster. That means we get full effort from everyone here IMO. Better team, playing better, at home with plenty at stake.

England 1H -105 vs Ireland
I've been trying to figure out a way to back England since yesterday. They've said all the right things leading up to this match in Wembley and how its important to get back on the right foot heading into WCQ. I expect high intensity but not sure how long they will keep it up. I also expect Ireland to be nervous under the lights and for Keane to be tired early on. I think the Irish could make some early mistakes and expect a half time lead for England. However they may get apathetic and give up a few late goals to an Irish squad that will play hard the whole way through. Price too hefty to back England for the full game but I do like the 1H wager a reasonable amount

Lost the last few

Mex/Japan O2.5 -112
Not a lot to play for and Mexico needs to focus on scoring. 3-2 someone

Back