2012-13 Bowls Bitches...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
First play is not a big one, but I still see value in getting two possessions.

Ball State had a better year than most people expected (I figured 8 wins was as good as they could do, so my alma mater even exceeded my own expectations). But the biggest win was keeping Pete Lembo in Muncie another year. I'm shocked he didn't get a chance to go to a BCS league and try his hand, but maybe next year. Now he can focus on trying to get the Cards that evasive bowl victory. I like their chances; most guys they'll need are healthy and should be excited to play in this game, not one that the MAC normally gets invited to.

Central Florida disappointed many (myself included) by losing in Tulsa in the C-USA championship, and that was the reason they voted to not self-sanction their program and stay out of the CUSA title and bowl games. But how up will they be for this matchup in Tampa, a short drive down I-4, against a one-time MAC rival? I'm not thinking they'll bring their best effort and/or will have prepared as meticulously as Lembo and his Cards. I don't think there is a tremendous talent gap and taking seems to be the way to go here.

THe play: Ball State +7.5 medium

GL!

:shake:

Goddamnit, another one of the good guys licking those Balls. Health tonight bro - but great to see you posting again. Good luck on the rest of your plays.

Like your boys as well Rex. As long as Wenning is accurate, I think they will have the balance on offense that has been their trademark this year. I see Ball State getting their 30, and CFla not being able to match. Edge at QB and Pete has done a real nice job as you note...

thanks fellas. Just getting back in the groove; visited famms this week and just got back in the saddle this afternoon. Haven't been doing much investing lately, hence, the lower amount of posts. Why bother if all you do is pez out .500 stuff? Wanted to feel more comfortable with my stuff, which has been good this year in football, before firing at them and coming in here as well. I'll try to get the rest of these up in timely fashion, but it's tough. Maybe Christmas Eve I'll have ample time to post ;)

Merry New Year...

First play in awhile at a widely available price so I can post this one (not sure many of you would have had use for the Wisconsin +6.5 +103 play i had yesterday that I made a month ago). EDIT - The 14.5 is mostly gone, but the play is still the same at +14.

Louisville is playing in only their second BCS game, but they know how big this one is, because it puts them (and their QB) on the map (national and Heisman) for next season. A win lets people know that even though they're playing a Boise-type schedule (only with no Boise since the Broncos exited the Big Least) - they are still a worthy contender.

The fans have traveled in droves. And unlike Northern Illinois last night, they will NOT be outclassed by Florida.

That being said, the Gators are a very impressive team and one of the best in the country. They were very impressive to end the season and wore down Florida State at the Doak to end up 11-1. They were perhaps the best team in the country at that point. The layoff will not be a good thing for them, as they were rolling again after the turnover-laden tripup in Jacksonville.

I really am not sure how the game is going to play out, but with the total at less than 50, it seems that they are counting on Louisville not to do much scoring; the value of taking this many is much greater than if the total were near 60, like last night. I think the Cards will do their share of scoring, but their best chance at success will come with the short passes and keeping Bridgewater upright and away from any shots to his injured wrist or ankle, both of which should be closer to 100 percent tonight. Keeping Gillespie and the high-powered UF rushing game off the field will help also. I'll call for the outright upset by the Cards even though a more likely result would be a 6, 7, 10 point Florida win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCFUGCOLLU

Song of the day, and it relates to this one.

The play: Louisville +14.5 medium to big. Still for the same at +14

:shake:

I don't have any numbers to back it up, but strong/this current cards team just has the feel of a team that would embrace being dogged by this much. Talent gap not big enough for this line imo, and not to compare the big east to the sec, but some of the defenses Louisville has seen this year certainly prepare them better than the Mac prepared northern Illinois.

I don't have any numbers to back it up, but strong/this current cards team just has the feel of a team that would embrace being dogged by this much. Talent gap not big enough for this line imo, and not to compare the big east to the sec, but some of the defenses Louisville has seen this year certainly prepare them better than the Mac prepared northern Illinois.

Charlie Strong will have the defense ready. That much we can be pretty certain about.

it is they year of the SEC fade.....was comin

hope you profited from it yesterday and before

Thanks Timmy; hope all is well with you & your family.

One play tonight:

I have Oklahoma from earlier in the season at a better price than you can take now, but even if you can take 3 flat (which seems to be the going rate), then you are getting the best of it. Jones and the Sooners should be the more prepared team and most sharp money I respect is on the dog. Sorry no time to write more and/or earlier... GL...

Okla +3 flat would be the recommendation, medium.

Thanks Timmy; hope all is well with you & your family.

One play tonight:

I have Oklahoma from earlier in the season at a better price than you can take now, but even if you can take 3 flat (which seems to be the going rate), then you are getting the best of it. Jones and the Sooners should be the more prepared team and most sharp money I respect is on the dog. Sorry no time to write more and/or earlier... GL...

Okla +3 flat would be the recommendation, medium.
Got OK +4.5 -110....love a local

SEC fade continues.....

U bet college hoops? got some inside info that may or may not be useful...will put out to board eventually but wanted to talk with you first....PM or answer here bro

Lets cash

God I suck.

Hit me up when you get time, Twinkie.

Took Pitt +3.5 today in the Birmingham Bowl; just feel like the Panthers should be closer to a pick here and Ole Miss had a great season, but that won't necessarily translate into success today. Just taking a number more than anything else; small-ish.

God I suck.

Hit me up when you get time, Twinkie.

Took Pitt +3.5 today in the Birmingham Bowl; just feel like the Panthers should be closer to a pick here and Ole Miss had a great season, but that won't necessarily translate into success today. Just taking a number more than anything else; small-ish.
Ill go public here. Tim Floyd has brought his UTEP team to NO today, a few days early for his Wednesday night game vs Tulane at Fogleman. Many dinners lined up and some sight seeing....there is a Sugar Bowl basket tourney goin on with some top local recruits and UTEP is there.

I thought I mightve been on to something here, but I am now told that when time allows Floyd has doen this before and will be praticing at Fogleman. Make me a line if you could....I am not a big cbb guy but does UTEP-6 sound right? My Tulane guys think Tulane is gonna take an ass whooping....thoughts?

Back