2007-2008 Bowl season picks

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Will post plays and have write ups when I have time. I will make sure to say something about every game I bet.

Michigan/Florida O63 1 unit

I honestly don't see how Tebow and company can't put at least a 40 spot on the porous Michigan D. The Wr's are too quick and Tebow's stupid focking head jukes will mess Michigan up..then he can do his special dance in the end zone when he lifts his arms up like he is the lords savior.

Henne will not be 100 percent, and might not even play but 1 month is enough to get Mallet familiar with timing issues etc. Florida overs have been a gold mine all season.

GL all.

Recap:
Navy +7.5...win +.50
BYU -5....loss -1.10
ECU +10.5...win +1.00
CMU + 7.5...win +1.00
CMU/Purdue O71.5...win +1.00
MSU +5...win +2.00
TAMU +4.5...loss -2.20
Maryland +4.5...loss -2.20
Colorado +4.5...loss -1.10
Air Force+4.5...loss -1.10
Mizzou -4...win +.50
UM/UF O63..win +1.00
UM 2nd half +10...win +5.00
USC 2nd half -7...win +5.00

Overall:

9-5

+9.3 units

Last edited:
BYU -5 at -110 for 1 unit

BYU seems to cover every week. I am afraid this line gets to 7. UCLA is inept on offense and BYU has a solid d. UCLA is in disarray right now imo. I think BYU is hungry and I love Bronco as their coach.

Btw, I may hedge out on some of my plays depending on news etc.

Counselor=banned

Very solid so far bro. I played four plays so far and will wait it out on others. I posted em in mod forum...the one is gold..;)

Counselor=banned

quiet.gif

counselor ..u crack me up.

Big al..they all gold bro.

hardchargers...it's a section where the moderators of the site discuss things to help better serve our members.

I heard there is also a special section in the mod forum where Hunt gives daily updates on all the latest Justin Timberlake News:pillow:

Plays look good Hunt...Good Luck this Bowl Season Bro:cheers:

Bar, i hear you prefer some pat benatar instead ... alright alright im done. haha.

thanks fellas...liking a TON of dogs this year...hoping to get better numbers by waiting.

One's I got my eye on are Michigan state, Central, Indiana, Virginia, Air Force, OSU, Illinois, Arkansas, Wisky..and a few others.

Not a huge fan of tonight's game from a betting standpoint, but I think Navy can hang with Utah...running teams generally are great underdogs in the bowls, and I'm not gonna start to buck the trend now...sorry, I don't have the stats...there are going to be a TON of upsets this bowl season though imo..this year has been crazy...

Navy +7.5 -110 1/2 unit...gotta play the first bowl game..degenerate special.

adding:

ECU +10.5 at -110 for 1 unit

A well coached, well-balanced offense should keep it within the number on the island...gl all.

probably going to the game tomorrow and partying with 50,000 other chips.

CMU +7.5 at -110 for 1 unit

i love it hunt..i'll be on it myself
purdue wants no business being in this bowl game while cmu has no problem with it...as the trend so far this bowl season has been motiviation...BIG TIME to CMU here

adding:

O71.5 purdue/cmu

this game will have 50 by half....a shootout in the 313.

getting drunk in 2 hours and going to game...no allegiance to either school, but Chips love ford field as do 50,000 other chips..peace.

GL, on CMU with you... I think we will be able to tell if we are on the right side very early in this one.. motivation:cheers:

i love it hunt..i'll be on it myself
purdue wants no business being in this bowl game while cmu has no problem with it...as the trend so far this bowl season has been motiviation...BIG TIME to CMU here

Purdue's supposed lack of motivation is the only way CMU has a chance.....If the Boilers dont show, Chips cannot only cover but win....But if Tiller gets them ready to play, its going to be a long night for them as the talent difference is huge between the 2 teams.

thanks teedub, thanks timh..have a great bowl season as well fellas.

sword..

good points, but I am in the the crowd that believes that during bowl season, throw the talent, throw the records out the window, especially this year. ..navy gets the backdoor, ECU..fucking ECU??? wins outright...this happens year after year, I remember I thought Georgia was gonna roll WVU a few years ago..WVU wins outright...Same year I believe Auburn was a big fav. against wisky in alvarez' last game, Wisky wins outright. Hell, Boise beat probably one of the best teams in the country last year in Oklahoma...

point is, anyting can happen and I think it's better that CMU got rolled early in the year, they will correct those mistakes...remember that was at Ross Ade, CMU is a different animal in the 313 and with the crowd behind them I am hoping they can make a game of it, if not win outright.

talent difference is huge between the 2 teams.

There is a talent difference , but it is not huge in my opinion. How much talent does it take to lose 5 of your last 7 in a mediocre BCS conference?

Offensively, CMU is as good as anything in the Big Ten at this point in the season.. Defensively, like most mid majors, they are a little light but they are improved over the first game by a lot.:shake:

I hope we are right tee dub...

GL fellas...great cases can be made for both sides...I totally understand why someone would take Purdue.

thanks teedub, thanks timh..have a great bowl season as well fellas.

sword..

good points, but I am in the the crowd that believes that during bowl season, throw the talent, throw the records out the window, especially this year. ..navy gets the backdoor, ECU..fucking ECU??? wins outright...this happens year after year, I remember I thought Georgia was gonna roll WVU a few years ago..WVU wins outright...Same year I believe Auburn was a big fav. against wisky in alvarez' last game, Wisky wins outright. Hell, Boise beat probably one of the best teams in the country last year in Oklahoma...

point is, anyting can happen and I think it's better that CMU got rolled early in the year, they will correct those mistakes...remember that was at Ross Ade, CMU is a different animal in the 313 and with the crowd behind them I am hoping they can make a game of it, if not win outright.

See with your comparisons, I disagree to a certain degree. Navy got the backdoor on a pass with 57 seconds left, it fucked a lot of people with Utah and the Under but Utah played 1 half of football and was not focused at all, that is certainly a risk in bowls and a risk tonight but Navy throwing a 60yd pass for a TD, Not sure how many saw that happening add in a shit defense and shit angle by Utah.. I am not surprised by ECU though, I had a feeling Boise was going to be on vacation, along with their health issues and a tough front 7 for ECU, I am not all that surprised despite the -10.5 line. In my confidence pool I think 90% had 32-30 points on Boise, I had them as well but for 18 however I am not totally shocked by the outcome. With the WVU game, that was another example of a team playing 1 half of football, when you fall so far behind it is hard to make a comeback and win and Coach Rod made a hell of a call with the fake punt in the 4th. Boise was a team to reckon with last yr and they pulled out all the stops to win that game, they were destin for that outcome if you ask me. With all that said, sure Purdue can come out sleep walking tonight, it shouldn't surprise no one if it does happen but I do believe revenge and motivation can only get you so far if the other team is just superior to you. CMU has to play their best game and Purdue has to lay a huge egg tonight for CMU to win/cover, if both played their best it will be another route. CMU has an embarassing defense that gets you killed vs. anyone with talent. Also, I know I just gave examples of teams who slept through a half of football but when they met on 9/15, was Purdue going into that game thinking; "we have to be 100% focused to win" with a conference game vs. Minnesota on deck? I doubt it, they played a crisp 1st half and let off the gas only to let CMU try and backdoor their way in but I don't believe that Purdue was 100% up for that game in September. Sure a lot has been said about Purdue's lack of motivation for being in this game and this being more or less a superbowl for CMU but with Purdue losing 3 straight and their coach losing 3 straight bowls, is there not any motivation for them to right the ship heading into 2008? Do they have enough spine to do that tonight? I believe they do but only time will tell. GL tonight and have fun at the game

nice writeup ETG, and all were valid points.

What a wild game and a wild finish..a great atmosphere...fun game to be at. It could have gone either way in the fourth, bottom line CMU couldn't run when they had to and "Lefavre" took a half to get going on throwing the ball....

Painter was great...CMU's defense is atrocious, as is Purdue's...the middle was open all day for both teams and a lot of YAC's because the defenses were so bad.

thanks GG...probably on the devils, need to research more, gonna see what the line does.

I'm thinking of starting a petition to ban bjorks for not contributing with a "scoop" on the ASU game...

Adding:

MSU +5 at -110 for 2 units

MSU can run on anyone in the country..they only had one bad game with OSU running the ball, but still covered. The defense creates turnovers even with saint dic out. I like the balanced offense getting points against an overrated BC team imo.

Devin Thomas is the x factor....will be best player on the field.

GL all.

thanks jump...

should be a good game and a case can definitely be made for both sides.

I just kind of throw everything out the window during bowl season,and am banking on MSU's offense to show up.

talked to a good friend of mine going to the game..said it's 50-1 MSU fans fwiw....

added

Mizzou -4 at -110 for 1/2 unit at -110

If Mcfadden plays will probably hedge out, but wanted the 4 before it gets higher.

i disagree Felix Jones will make a difference, he doesn't line up a qb like mcfadden and is not an every down back.

Adding:

MSU +5 at -110 for 2 units

MSU can run on anyone in the country..they only had one bad game with OSU running the ball, but still covered. The defense creates turnovers even with saint dic out. I like the balanced offense getting points against an overrated BC team imo.

Devin Thomas is the x factor....will be best player on the field.

GL all.

Wow, gl but we see this game totally opposite.. Don't like that..

With you on Mizzou:cheers:

Back