2006 Over....lets Start Capping For 2007

As far as UGA goes
We lose Moses and Johnson both will be first rounders plus we lose our dt and 3 lbs.. We might lose oliver as well to the draft, but thats fine every year uga loses 4+ guys to the nfl from defense, thomas davis pollack, blue etc etc.. Not worried about the defense
The offense will have lumpkin and brown still.. as well as the best fb in the sec southerland.. stafford will have a great shot as well as flynn at All sec qb. The OL signed some juco guys so they can step in right away. Massaquoi is back as well as sean bailey who was ugas deep play and best wr 2 years ago ( who sat out last year) I say well finish in the top 10..

LSU will lose J. Russell, Laron Landry, Dwayne Bowe, Craig Davis, Justin Vincent, Will Arnold and likely Glynn Dorsey.

I could be off here but we have 3 possibly 4 potential first rounders out the door. We just lost our offensive coordinator who happens to not call plays since Miles has been here. At the very least Miles had the final say.

On the good sign this will be our home schedule year: meaning we get all of the tough games at home and the easy ones on the road. One problem is the easy teams are becoming fewer and fewer. You now have to consider Kentucky, South Carolina, and Alabama as at least being a threat to beat you. So only Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, and Miss St are true rent-a-wins.

ALOT of Sabans players are out with this class. We are losing so many contributors I dont know where to start. Do we have ample bodies behind these players? Yes. Can they all come in like Darry Beckwith did in his first season with big playing time? Doubtful.

IF Russell returned I could see some great things happening but thats not happening. Flynn is rumored to be considering a transfer to Oklahoma.
Perrilloux has zero experience but we are dying to see what he can do.
Undoubtedly, Miles is going to create a running offense and rely on the ole defense. Look for LSU to underachieve for the third straight year.
Yes 11-2 looks impressive.......unless your clearly more talented then 12 or 13 of your opponents.

Miles has won over a ton of fans since the Saban news but I still WILL NEVER forget some of his bull headed gametime decisions.
I hope the guy gets it done in year 3......maybe he feels less pressure all I know is we can not continue to have a top 5 class every year and not win it all. What a waste this year was for this team.

I hear that Perilloser is in some serious legal trouble. Nothing confirmed but it has to do with counterfeit money. Everytime someone asks about it on the LSU boards it gets deleted. Again, nothing confirmed, just what I'm hearing. Could turn out to be a big false rumor.

Lester Miles is a snake oil salesman if there ever was one in recruiting. LSU should have no problem getting top classes because of this. However, I will continue to laugh as Miles runs the team into the ground over the next few years. Talent+coaching=national championships. Talent+Les Miles=1 or 2 loss seasons. Also, if I'm not mistaken, these are Saban's players that hes winning BCS games with. I saw plenty of Miles mental retardation and dirty tactics when he was in the Big 12. I found it funny when he was hired by LSU as choice number 187 after Saban left.

Ripped71 said:
Didn't Miles recruit mostly thugs at Ok ST?
To say the least. Just look at how many people Mike Gundy booted off the team when he took over. He essentially cleaned house. Also, the way Miles handled the entire situation of switching jobs was done in very poor taste. Gundy has very little respect for him. Miles is just a general poor human being.

57 posts and not 1 mention of Oklahoma? Wow.
Texas in the Top 5? They lost their last two straight games (KState and Aggies) and barely got by Iowa just south of Austin in San Antonio.
I like LSU in the top 3 with USC and Florida.

OU:
loses only 3 on defense.
loses only 3 on offense. Returning 4 of 5 offensive linemen. All WR's returning. RB position is loaded, if you didn't notice in the last half of the season.

Yes, I know, QB is the ? mark.

(I see Louisville dropping like no other team ever before)

well i would argue for that but too many questions as to who is back and everything. i will say this b12 wil be the deepest conference next year

This thread is great...you guys all know your stuff...every one of you. I learn something new everyday because of you guys.

thanks.

euros...

I do like oklahoma as well but the name of the game for me is to have an at least above average qb or someone with experience, good coach and a solid returning defense.

I was aware OU returned something like 18 or 19 guys. Really want to see how the QB situation shapes out. Know they will be good though next yr.

i'm worried about the loss of rufus he is fucking sick ballhawk like ray lewis or zach thomas huge hole to fill although very possible for someone solid to step it up....stoops is a great coach despite the fiesta bowl

Good Discussion Here

Good way to be prepping for another profitable NCAA Football season in 2007.

One to add, not saying they will be top 10 or anything, but look for improvement from that Missouri squad. They return 4 out of 5 OL, QB, both TE, all WR except 1, all their RB, this offense should be a well oiled machine next year. Defense is the question as they lose a couple of their pass rushing DE, middle LB Dedrick Harrington, and some secondary. Mizzou looking like a great over play next year, as their defense most likely will be worse, and the offense should be better. Points and lots of them in Mizzou games, the scoreboard operator will be busy!

Huskers should be good. Secondary gets a huge boost with Bowman coming back, then a guy that came from Bowman's Junior college who the coach says is better at this point than Bowman was when he came to NU, plus Larry Asante who is one of, if not the top, JUCO Safties in the country. At LB, we should get a healthy Octavien who just dominates at times when he is healthy. Plus we should get back Phillip Dillard who was hurt in the season opener. He looked like our best LB before the season and in the first game. Plus we still have Corey McKeon so we should be good at LB. We do have to replace the entire starting DLine. Barry Turner was Freshman All-American as a reserve 2 years ago. He had a bit of a down Soph. year, but he should be able to step in. Both guys that will come in on the interior played extensively led by Suh who is a beast. Other DE spot is a question mark which is a huge hole with the loss of Carriker who's a probable 1st round NFL pick. Our entire OL returns, all of RB's return, all of WR's return, Keller is an upgrade at QB as long as he picks up the offense. Only real loss is at FB but surely Nebraska can find someone to block. TE should be better - we lose Herian but he was never the same after his injury 2 years ago. McNeil who redshirted should give us a deep threat over the middle that we sorely needed this year. Punter will be the same. Our kicker who has a weak leg recently left school to donate part of his liver to an uncle. He wants to return in the fall, but who knows if he'll be ready. Our new kicker probably will be a true freshman, kid from Texas who says he has a big leg. Guess we'll see on that one. NU looks like a darkhorse candidate to win it all, but the schedule is too tough to run the table. Nevada, Oklahoma St., Texas A&M, Kansas St., and USC at home. Wake Forest, Texas, Kansas, Missouri, and Colorado on the road. Throw in a Big 12 championship game too.

TroyStacks said:
great info you two.....i will bedoing a write up of the top 30 teams according to ME sometime in March or April

I will be looking forward to this. I will be developing some kind of detailed write up on a few conferences and a few teams I feel I know best.

TroyStacks said:
i'm worried about the loss of rufus he is fucking sick ballhawk like ray lewis or zach thomas huge hole to fill although very possible for someone solid to step it up....stoops is a great coach despite the fiesta bowl

I agree, it's hard to find a replacement for a guy like that. However, I will say one name...Mike Reed!
Incoming JUCO transfer out of California Yuba C.C. already enrolled at OU. This guy is the real deal and will be OU's MLB next year. He is 6'4", 250, and runs a 4.5 40. Just try and remember Mike Reed for next year...

As for QB, if they establish a running attack, their QB play can only get better.

Toughest competition next year:
Miami 9/8 @ home
Texas 10/6 @ Cotton Bowl
Tech @ Lubbock (only b/c of their bullshit offense that only works at their own place)

Fred Rouse will be playing at UTEP this upcoming season. He should DOMINATE C-USA... Found this article when I was looking at some recruiting stuff and forgot all about the guy..

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/560538.html

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="98%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=storytitle colSpan=3>Rouse Humbled & Hungry </TD></TR><TR><TD class=primaryimage vAlign=top>
196670.jpg

</TD><TD noWrap width=3></TD><TD vAlign=top>By Jamie Newberg
National Recruiting Analyst
Posted Aug 24, 2006

Fred Rouse was arguably the nation's top offensive recruit two years ago and he signed with FSU. He was dismissed from Florida State in January and now he's headed to UTEP and should be a perfect fit in Mike Price's offense. Rouse has learned some tough life lessons and says he's "humbled and ready to go."
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>
Sometimes in life, to get where you want to go, you have to start over. For Fred Rouse, he's getting his do-over and it's miles away from where his dreams all began. He was a star high school wide receiver for Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln High School. Rouse, 6-3 and 190 pounds, was one of the nation's top prospects among the Class of 2005. He signed with the local power and the team he dreamed of catching touchdown passes for, Florida State.
Rouse was extremely comfortable with his decision to play for the Seminoles. After all, FSU was like a second home to him. But things didn't go according to plan and after less than a year in the garnet and gold he was dismissed from the team. After months of trying to get his life in order outside of the game of football, Rouse finally has a new home as he is transferring to UTEP.
“I am on my way now,” said Rouse from the airport in Jacksonville. “I get there today and I am so happy to start all over once again. It has been a very humbling experience for me and what I have had to go through just to get here once again. But I sit here and I can tell you I am humbled, thankful and ready.”
Rouse wasn't just an ordinary wide receiver coming out of high school. He was one of the most complete receivers to come out of the Sunshine State in many years. Rouse has all the physical tools to be a superstar. Many in Tallahassee compared him skills to Randy Moss. Even Randy Moss would admit the same. But with all that talent you have to walk a straight line and carry a good attitude. That was something missing from Rouse while a 'Nole.
“I was frustrated there (Tallahassee). I kind of feel the coaches misled me because they were always on me so hard if I did something wrong. Maybe the expectations were too high. I don't know. I always felt I was doing something wrong and I made a lot of mistakes. I didn't have the right attitude and I wasn't humble at all. On top of that, I ran around with the wrong crowd. There is no one to blame but me and I have learned from my mistakes.”
Rouse thought he should have played more as a true freshman wide receiver last season. He did play in 11 games and caught six passes for 114 yards with one touchdown. Then, after getting in some trouble off the field and not keeping up with his school work, Rouse was dismissed from FSU in January.
Since then, it has been a long road for the troubled wideout. He went from being courted by everyone in the country to practically no interest whatsoever from anyone.
Except UTEP.
“They have been with me from the beginning and they are going to get everything I have. I have to sit out this season and then I know it's all on me. I also know the sky is the limit. But now I have to start at the bottom and earn my way to the top and that's only going to happen with hard work. My goal is to be humble, be a leader on and off the field and just be the best person I can be. I just feel so blessed to get another chance.” The transition for Rouse from Florida State to UTEP should be as smooth as one would expect in this situation. To help him in transition, there will be two familiar faces on campus. Wide receiver Lorne Sam, a former teammate at Florida State, transferred there last year. And his wide receiver coach at UTEP is former Tallahassee (Fla.) Rickards High School star and former Alabama wide receiver Antonio Carter. Fred Rouse is getting a fresh start and a second chance. This time he hopes to make good on the promise that he has both as a player and as a person.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/5148742.html

Perrilloux subject of federal investigation
By ADRIAN ANGELETTE
Advocate staff writer
Published: Jan 10, 2007
<!--startclickprintexclude--><!--endclickprintexclude-->
LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux is the subject of a federal criminal investigation out of New Orleans, said Baton Rouge attorney Nathan Fisher, who has been hired to represent Perrilloux.
Fisher said he could not comment about the nature of the investigation, but could confirm that the investigation is taking place.
Perrilloux has not been booked on any charges, Fisher said. The Baton Rouge attorney also said he is unaware of any pending hearings or other court action scheduled to take place in connection with the investigation.
"I don't think it would be appropriate at this time to comment any further," Fisher said late this afternoon.

everythingthatsgreen said:
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/5148742.html

Perrilloux subject of federal investigation
By ADRIAN ANGELETTE
Advocate staff writer
Published: Jan 10, 2007
<!--startclickprintexclude--><!--endclickprintexclude-->
LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux is the subject of a federal criminal investigation out of New Orleans, said Baton Rouge attorney Nathan Fisher, who has been hired to represent Perrilloux.
Fisher said he could not comment about the nature of the investigation, but could confirm that the investigation is taking place.
Perrilloux has not been booked on any charges, Fisher said. The Baton Rouge attorney also said he is unaware of any pending hearings or other court action scheduled to take place in connection with the investigation.
"I don't think it would be appropriate at this time to comment any further," Fisher said late this afternoon.
Now its official. I said it yesterday on this thread but there was no official release at the time. I love it. RP is such scum. Just call me Walter Cronkite. :smiley_acbe:

albyman32 said:
Now its official. I said it yesterday on this thread but there was no official release at the time. I love it. RP is such scum. Just call me Walter Cronkite. :smiley_acbe:

Much props for breaking it to us early

Yea Rouse is gangsta.. Him and antoine smith came to FSU as the top back and wr out of hs..

My boy kenny oneal got kicked off of fsu and he will be heading to tenny. He was the fastest hs athlete in the country ( as far as 100 m go) Look it up bitches

Rouse had UT high on his list. Supposedly his mother and others close to him wanted him to go to UT out of high school in order to get away from Tallahassee cuz he was runnin with a bad crowd and they were afraid he'd get in trouble. Looks like they were right.

Back