2006 Over....lets Start Capping For 2007

TroyStacks

18" Pythons
Well this is how we dominated shit this past year. Evryone turned in great records and profits. We did that by discussing in February I remember. I rely on BAR, Horn, Fondy and RJ to help out with recruiting in the offseason and to add to discussion. Lets get it started by giving your top 10 for next year......

I think we have to wait to see who leaves before we can rank them

but i think horn,everything and i follow recruiting a good bit

As of now I got
USC
Florida ( depends on schedule )
Michigan
WVU
Texas
Va Tech
LSU

Please note i had a USC / Oklahoma final last year ( until bhomar got the boot)

Ya stuff changes alot. ALot of the bowl teams underperformed due to the fact they gave LOTS of practice reps to Red shirts and such. It is common practice 4 sure. Its like an extra spring practice. In these times of limited practices ( thanks NCAA). A trip to a bowl can reap HUGE dividends and I dont mean money wise

1. USC---Is there any question really. I mean unless Carroll leaves this is the best team hands down. Return just about everyone with up and coming players such as JDB, Nate Turner and a starting line up of mostly upperclassmen with great BCS experience. My pick to win it all.(I'm 2-1 predicting them as NC in preseason BTW.....fucking horns hahaha)

2.LSU---Gotta love Matt Flynn. This guy is legit and the best player no one has ever heard of besides us degenerates. Don't fool yourselves, Myles is a better coach than we thought and he continues to get great players. Speed Speed Speed that wins in CFB. You saw what happened without Ginn....very one dimensional and easy to beat against a speedy opponent. They win the SEC next year

3.Florida---Tim Teebow is the truth and with Percy Harvin and their 5,6,7,8 they will give teams fits. Myer has something good going on down there. This team however will be hit or miss IMO. Can Teebow live up to the hype as a starter or will it be a rocky start? Time will tell but i think they can repeat if things go smoothly....that or be the '05 Tennessee team hahahaha.

4.Michigan---Should run away with the B10 next year as OSU is in transition and everyone else seems to be building for a really strong '08 campaign IMO. The wolverines return 16-18 starters and at key positions. Anything more than 1 game if that. Rematch of Rose Bowl this year in NC?

5.WVU---WIth Slaton/White back and a mroe experienced defense this is a team that will beat down a lot of teams. Health is a key a you saw this year. Slaton will be fresh off wrist surgery which is why IMO they lost to Louisville fumbling 3 times. If they can stay healthy they will nto be stopped.Petrino is gone and so are the players. Bush is leaving and Brohm will too. He was a great coach and will be missed by his team. Rich Rod has his money and is recruiting the creme of the crop now. They WILL go undefeated but will it be enough?

I'm a little loss on the bottom 5 as of now but I will throw in 5 teams no order who should finish it out. More research is needed.

Texas---McCoy is legit and they return lots of talent ,Horn can expand

PSU---Bring back a lot of players with great potential and with a great coach in Paterno I think they only lose 2 maaaaaaaaaybe 3 games

Rutgers---Yeah I said it! Shiano has his bows choppin the wood and they will be good for years to come. Possible BCS team IMO if things click like last year. Solid team top to bottom with a lot of role players and that means a team that covers games guys.

Nebraska---Keller I would think would be the starter and will have a great RB in Lucky and a Moss type reciever in Purify. Callahan is a good coach and will have his defense ready to play as well. Keller is not slouch and I always like watching him play at ASU despite a few boneheaded plays hes got an arm. I think this running game will help him out greatly unlike at ASU.

Cal---Longshore showed signs of promise and I think Jackson will be back to catch the rock for the bears. I know Cal does some solid recruiting and should have some talent to win games. I'm alway weary of these guys and was never sold on them this year but that was last year.

Considerations:

ND---Real young but huge talent could surprise people

TAMU---Got destroyed on my dollar in the bowl but hell they have players watchout for a deep B12 this year

Arkansas---Well Mustaine is gone and another WR is heded to USC. Can McFadden carry them by himself? Who knows lets put them at 15-18 and let them improve or faulter.

Alabama---They stayed in every game this year and now they get a great coach. Could be a sleeping giant

Thats all for now just wanted to start discusiion as we have months of debating left

TroyStacks said:
1. USC---Is there any question really. I mean unless Carroll leaves this is the best team hands down. Return just about everyone with up and coming players such as JDB, Nate Turner and a starting line up of mostly upperclassmen with great BCS experience. My pick to win it all.(I'm 2-1 predicting them as NC in preseason BTW.....fucking horns hahaha)Agree here, Nothing else to say.. If Carroll stays they are Golden. Only need a young rb to emerge and someone to complement Turner... #1 recruit Hazelton will have his shot..

2.LSU---Gotta love Matt Flynn. This guy is legit and the best player no one has ever heard of besides us degenerates. Don't fool yourselves, Myles is a better coach than we thought and he continues to get great players. Speed Speed Speed that wins in CFB. You saw what happened without Ginn....very one dimensional and easy to beat against a speedy opponent. They win the SEC next year Havent looked hard enough at the losses on defense, know landry is a big one at saftey. Will there be a qb controversy here? #1 recruit in the nation waiting in the wings..

3.Florida---Tim Teebow is the truth and with Percy Harvin and their 5,6,7,8 they will give teams fits. Myer has something good going on down there. This team however will be hit or miss IMO. Can Teebow live up to the hype as a starter or will it be a rocky start? Time will tell but i think they can repeat if things go smoothly....that or be the '05 Tennessee team hahahaha. I want to see Tebow forced into passing situations, everyone already knows he can run the ball. I would like to see him manage the whole game, no doubt he is a beast. How many losses on defense? Havent looked hard enough yet but Harvey, Moss, Macdonald, Siler, Nelson are all huge part of that defense..

4.Michigan---Should run away with the B10 next year as OSU is in transition and everyone else seems to be building for a really strong '08 campaign IMO. The wolverines return 16-18 starters and at key positions. Anything more than 1 game if that. Rematch of Rose Bowl this year in NC?They need to find some speed in their defensive backfield..

5.WVU---WIth Slaton/White back and a mroe experienced defense this is a team that will beat down a lot of teams. Health is a key a you saw this year. Slaton will be fresh off wrist surgery which is why IMO they lost to Louisville fumbling 3 times. If they can stay healthy they will nto be stopped.Petrino is gone and so are the players. Bush is leaving and Brohm will too. He was a great coach and will be missed by his team. Rich Rod has his money and is recruiting the creme of the crop now. They WILL go undefeated but will it be enough? The offense will be tough to slow down, that is no secret but no defense is going to kill this team vs a quality opponent..

I'm a little loss on the bottom 5 as of now but I will throw in 5 teams no order who should finish it out. More research is needed.

Texas---McCoy is legit and they return lots of talent ,Horn can expand

PSU---Bring back a lot of players with great potential and with a great coach in Paterno I think they only lose 2 maaaaaaaaaybe 3 games

Rutgers---Yeah I said it! Shiano has his bows choppin the wood and they will be good for years to come. Possible BCS team IMO if things click like last year. Solid team top to bottom with a lot of role players and that means a team that covers games guys. Return a strong line, good rb in Rice, need Teel to play mistake free and grow as qb. Defense took some hits, not sure who they have waiting in the wings. Watch out for Kenny Britt, he started to emerge at the end of the season, in his soph yr he should be making a name for himself.. Kid is big and fast

Nebraska---Keller I would think would be the starter and will have a great RB in Lucky and a Moss type reciever in Purify. Callahan is a good coach and will have his defense ready to play as well. Keller is not slouch and I always like watching him play at ASU despite a few boneheaded plays hes got an arm. I think this running game will help him out greatly unlike at ASU. Like Keller at QB too, don't know too much else about this team

Cal---Longshore showed signs of promise and I think Jackson will be back to catch the rock for the bears. I know Cal does some solid recruiting and should have some talent to win games. I'm alway weary of these guys and was never sold on them this year but that was last year. Jackson is true soph, he has to come back. Can Forsett shoulder the load? He has been getting his 100yds on 9-10 carries, can he pound the ball 20times if they have to? Longshore needs to improve as well but they are a fast team, Texas A&M found that out..

Considerations:

ND---Real young but huge talent could surprise people The qb will be under a microscope. Lose two good receivers, most of the line. Defense might still be too slow..

TAMU---Got destroyed on my dollar in the bowl but hell they have players watchout for a deep B12 this year Return something likme 18-19 guys but they need to improve speed.. See Cal game. They will pound the rock for sure, rb Goodson will be a stud.

Arkansas---Well Mustaine is gone and another WR is heded to USC. Can McFadden carry them by himself? Who knows lets put them at 15-18 and let them improve or faulter. Mustain def left? If that is the case put McFadden at QB and Felix Jones at RB.. Option right, Option left!

Alabama---They stayed in every game this year and now they get a great coach. Could be a sleeping giant.. Tough schedule will hurt this team, return 9 on offense with basically all skill players back. QB is a player..

Thats all for now just wanted to start discusiion as we have months of debating left

Server is slow right now

Wisconsin returns 16 starters

They lose Joe Thomas at LT and John Stocco at QB on offense. Big 12 fans will remember QB Allan Edridge who was an honorable mention All American in 2005 as a freshmen at KState, who'll more than likely be replacing Stocco. They'll more than likely move the RT to LT and there's a couple 6'7 320+ guys to replace things at LT.

On defense Wisconsin loses both starting safeties in Joe Stellmacher and Roderick Rogers, Mark Zalewski at LB, and Joe Monty at DE. All four of those guys are just average Big 10 defensive players.

PJ Hill returns, the rest of the offensive line, Marcus Randall El will be rehabbed at WR/KR... The future is pretty bright for Wisconsin again next year to be a top 15 program, especially if Eldrige progressed while he redshirted this season.

SEC East will be a beast of a conference next yr, Again I do not think there will an undefeated team in the SEC next yr, it got tougher..

East:

Florida - Defending national champs. Young talent all over the field. Tebow is a beast, Harvin is amazingly fast and will be a bigger part of the offense next yr.. Without looking too deep, must replace key components on defense..
Georgia - They get a yr older at QB, ended the season on a high note and return a lot of players. Need someone in that receiving corp to step up, Where you at ABCS?
Tennessee - Another team with a lot of guys back, they will be competitive..
South Carolina - The team I know best in NCAA. I don't know how many they will win next yr, I do know they will compete in every game. The schedule is brutal... (@UGA, @LSU, @Tenn, @ Arkansas, Florida, Clemson, Kentucky) SC does have 10 back on a defense, including all SEC lineback Jasper Brinkley.. SC will return a few starters back from injury as well along both the D&O lines... The defense has tons of room for improvement. Key losses on offense are Rice, and center Chris White.. Question marks are defensive backfield and offensive line. When preseason practice begins there will be about 10 wr's fighting for a position out there next to McKinnley. There are some incoming frosh with size and speed, can't wait to see if they can play..
Kentucky - They have one of the top qb's in the SEC. Return the whole defense and most of the offense. They will be a tough team to beat week in week out, much like Carolina. They will be a pain in the ass for teams..

fondy- i was hoping you could provide insight on the badgers. i was curious as too whom was coming back. your right on if they all return.

evrything- out of the SEC east i'll take UGA and fade Tennessee as always, SC will spoil someones season but it won't matter they will never be a top caliber team...EVER. Kentucky will be solid just as SC but they still aren;t very good when it comes down to it. 8 win seasons are great for those schools and they will probably get there as well. Florida and UGA will battle

OK let me chime in on Michigan..

1. Yes, they have a lot back on Offense. Manningham and Arringtron will be your primary receivers with Greg Mathews getting time at #3 WR. Ecker is gone at Te, but they have some good ones in Butler and Massey. The line does have Jake Long on Henne's blind side but will be missing 2 key interior linemen.

2. Defense will not be very good IMO..they lose Harris, Hall, Woodley, Branch, Burgess and I believe Barringer. The number 1 Corner is Morgan Trent..he was exposed badly in the alst two games..he has trouble cutting over the middle and does not have very good instincts IMO. THere is no clear cut #2 corner...the safties are slow and have trouble on their tackling angles. THe defensive line will be a strength again, but will be missing Branch, Woodley and Biggs. The linebackers will be solid with Crable and some other guys filling in...this JC recruit Austin Panter is supposed to be pretty good.

3. Will be replacing a FG kicker...people fail to realize how important special teams is.

4. Coaching, Coaching and Coaching. UM HAS to go to Henne's stregths and that is in the shotgun, I have been saying it for 2 years, they need to open the ofense up. Um's pass game is good with good protction , and the protection is a must because the pass plays there take so long to develop. It is a waste of talent on the receivers and QB IMO. They have to spread it out..it is a must for them to be successful, otherwise Henne is a sitting duck with the blitz coming at him.

bottom line, this is a 9-3 team...and will be a huge dissapointment for Um fans...teams will throw on this team and win. Will be a good over team to take with the O.

Keep in mind I was very high on UM before the start of this past season even though they lost to Nebraska in the Alamo Bowl. They were healthy this year and I knew they would be solid.

I have been watching Gamecock games for four yrs now and sometimes it feels like it will never change. I can't count on one hand how many games I left the stadium feeling "WOW, How did we blow that?" ... The Florida game this yr was miserable to lose, never knew they would go on to win the championship...

SC was hurt in the early part of the season by youth and an offensive line that wasn't working together. The same O-Line played together the last 6 games and got better as the season went on.. Minus the UGA loss early in the yr, SC lost by 7,7,6,1...

My point is, SC might win 8-9 games next yr but they will not lose by more than 7-10pts. They will be in every game and if you don't come to play vs them you will get upset. Same with Kentucky, they will be very competitive and a thorn in some teams side like Florida or LSU..

I won't say that SC won't ever win something, I still hold out hope. Spurrier is bringing in some good talent and the man is on a mission to win the SEC to shut everyone up.. It might not ever happen or it might, college football is strange, 2 days ago Florida had a 0% chance of winning, today they are champs..

Jimbo Fisher leaving LSU and Russell gives Les a big test as to his coaching.

HUNTDOG said:
Jimbo Fisher leaving LSU and Russell gives Les a big test as to his coaching.

Good point about Fisher

In that case, should we be watching out for FSU?

The coaching staff is revamped. The talent is there. They played a ton of true frosh on defense this yr.. They could be a yr or 2 away but they will be much improved from last yr... I don't think Wake beats them 30-0 this season..

can't coach talent/speed fellas. anyone can coach college ball with athletes and half a brain for football fundamentals. recruit me some percy harvins and ted ginns and i will win ya atleast 8 games. i wouoldn;t over think LSU they know how to play ball.

Troy Stacks that is a very nice Top 5 list, esp. considering that the 2006 season just ended!!!

Seriously though. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who went through his Phil Steele's 2006 preview late last night and crossed out all of the seniors and underclassmen who have declared.

I am turning my 2006 Steele's into a 2007 version!!!

def watchout for FSU they always have talent/speed its chemistry and bringing it altogether thats the achilles heel with the semi-holes

majent said:
Troy Stacks that is a very nice Top 5 list, esp. considering that the 2006 season just ended!!!

Seriously though. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who went through his Phil Steele's 2006 preview late last night and crossed out all of the seniors and underclassmen who have declared.

I am turning my 2006 Steele's into a 2007 version!!!

Haha, Mine is in my apt @ school but when I get back I was going to start going through it looking for teams that return a good portion of players... I love college football more than any sport, its not even close.. Its like eating dog shit or a $50 steak

With Brennan staying at Hawaii, I think I will take them in all WAC games, no matter the spread. I will lay 40 with this offense..

Sorry Stacks, I don't have that faith in Les Miles and think next year will show whether he is good or not.

1. USC
2. FSU
3. Florida
4. Rutgers
5. LSU/Texas

HUNTDOG said:
Sorry Stacks, I don't have that faith in Les Miles and think next year will show whether he is good or not.

1. USC
2. FSU
3. Florida
4. Rutgers
5. LSU/Texas

Interesting top 5 there...FSU, do they got a running game to go to? Not sure who they got waiting..

i'll go with that but until proven wrong i'll stick with them.... putting fsu at #2 is rediculous though. Rutgers over WVU? i would disagree. i like where you have lsu/texas though as well as florida. not bad IMO excepot for the 2 i mentioned

Rutgers will have double revenge and at home against WVU...Schiano is a great coach. Teel will be better, and no one has stopped Ray Rice yet.

FSU is loaded, I expect Weatherford to have a big year.

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="650"><tbody><tr><td class="wht-title" bgcolor="#000066" valign="top" width="14%">Thu 2/1</td> <td colspan="4" class="wht-title" bgcolor="#000066">Odds To Win 2008 BCS National Championship</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="5" class="wht-title" align="center" bgcolor="#999999">Maximum Wager: 500.00 USD</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td class="main_body_blk">09:00 AM</td> <td class="main_body_blk">101 Southern California</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +280</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio00" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio00" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P0" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">102 Michigan</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +665</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio01" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio01" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P1" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">103 Texas</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +1005</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio02" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio02" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P2" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">104 Oklahoma</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +1822</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio03" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio03" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P3" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">105 Florida</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +715</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio04" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio04" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P4" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">106 West Virginia</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +1440</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio05" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio05" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P5" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">107 Arkansas</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +2036</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio06" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio06" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P6" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">108 LSU</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +1100</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio07" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio07" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P7" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">109 Auburn</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +5218</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio08" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio08" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P8" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">110 Ohio State</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +2567</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio09" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio09" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P9" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">111 California</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +7997</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio010" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio010" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P10" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">112 BYU</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +7997</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio011" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio011" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P11" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">113 Tennessee</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +10000</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio012" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio012" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P12" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">114 Wisconsin</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +10000</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio013" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio013" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P13" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">115 Wake Forest</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +10000</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio014" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio014" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P14" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">116 Miami (FLA)</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +4750</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio015" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio015" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P15" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">117 Louisville</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +6002</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio016" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio016" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P16" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">118 Notre Dame</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +5369</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio017" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio017" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P17" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">119 Rutgers</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +6002</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio018" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio018" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P18" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">120 South Carolina</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +10000</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio019" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio019" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P19" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">121 Clemson</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +10000</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio020" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio020" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P20" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">122 Florida State</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +10000</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio021" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio021" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P21" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">123 UCLA</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +10000</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio022" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio022" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P22" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">124 Boise State</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +10000</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio023" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio023" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P23" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">125 TCU</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +10000</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio024" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio024" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P24" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">126 Georgia</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +8888</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio025" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio025" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P25" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">127 Georgia Tech</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +10000</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio026" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio026" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P26" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">128 Nebraska</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +4228</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio027" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio027" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P27" size="8" type="text"></td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td> </td> <td class="main_body_blk">129 Hawaii</td> <td class="main_body_blk"> +10000</td> <td class="main_body_blk" width="120"><input name="radio028" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio028" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P28" size="8" type="text"></td></tr></tbody></table>

Does anyone focus on just a few conferences and ignore the others? I know this yr I got my ass kicked in every BIG 12 game I tried to bet, particularly the teams from the North... I will be avoiding that conference next yr...

I have done well with WAC teams because I like to lay chalk and they like to cover in that conference. The difference between the top/bottom is HUGE. I know most of the SEC pretty good but its a tough conference to bet. Have done decent with the Big East. MAC conference always kills me tuesday-thursday..

we can agree to disagree on wvu/rutgers for now

FSU is loaded they just have to prove it to me is all. I liek weatherford as well

everythingthatsgreen said:
Does anyone focus on just a few conferences and ignore the others? I know this yr I got my ass kicked in every BIG 12 game I tried to bet, particularly the teams from the North... I will be avoiding that conference next yr...

I have done well with WAC teams because I like to lay chalk and they like to cover in that conference. The difference between the top/bottom is HUGE. I know most of the SEC pretty good but its a tough conference to bet. Have done decent with the Big East. MAC conference always kills me tuesday-thursday..

for mac games follow flava if your numbers match his same for horn and B12 and bar/hunt/fondy for B10. i always make my leans and wait for these guys to post in order to play on what we match on. use each other for info and winners

Thats how I went about this yr. I made my leans than went through the forum sorting through. Those weeknight games always seem to get the best of me though...

BIG 12 just plain kicked my ass. The first one that comes to mind is Missouri getting drilled by Iowa St with a fullback...That was the end of it for me.. That same Iowa St team who goes into double OT first game of the yr with Toledo..!!! Iowa St kicked my ass this yr, either when I went with them or against them..

I think Stacks is great from top to bottom..he comes out with a preview of all the teams in the summer that is a great read...I would like to get a better grasp on the lesser known conferences as well.

HUNTDOG said:
If Arky gets good qb play, look out. I am not a fan of Nutt though.

Who is going to be the QB?

Troystacks mentioned that Mustain is gone, I havent seen that. That means Casey Dick is the man and I am far from sold on him..

Those two beasts at rb will be tough to slow down though..

I don't think Mustain leaving is "official" but there are heavy rumors he is gone.

Was just looking over at the razorback fourms, couldn't find anything but wouldn't be surprised one bit if he left.. He was 8-0 as a starter when he got pulled in the SC game..

Interesting,..wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a place like SC egreen.

I don't think he would come to SC... I of course wouldn't mind having him but I don't think he would come here.. Regardless he has to be fustrated he isn't playing and if he decides to leave he won't be playing for another yr atleast. Man up and try to win the job in spring, you held the job for 8games and were pulled because of your youth. Casey Dick imo is not the answer. I have seen nothing out of him in 2yrs to indicate that he is...

An early sleeper WAC team that should cover some spreads for you and should finish somewhere in the upper middle of that conference.

New Mexico St was (4-8) last yr and I haven't looked deep enough into their losses but they return the 2nd best qb in the conference. Chase Holbrook (4646yds, 34-9TD/Int, 70%) and leading receiver Williams (93rec, 1460yd,12 TD).. Assuming they were pretty young last yr and the defense improves a little bit, this team is a mini-hawaii team..

They will be able to cover some large spreads as dogs with a strong offense and they can beat on the lower WAC teams like Louisiana Tech and Utah St. They lost competitive games with UTEP and Idaho but they really started to play better at the end of the yr losing to SJST by 10, Fresno by 5, and than finishing with 2 wins by combined 49pts over WAC competition (Louisiana Tech and Utah St)..

great stuff egreen..thanks...I don't know what I am going to do with no football shortly.

basketball is just not the same for me...too many games and too many stupid motherfuckers in that sport.

I cant bet basketball, I wrestled when I was younger and never took much interest in that sport...

I am going to give baseball a try but probably spend April to August dreaming about CFB

Just looked a little deeper into NMST..

QB returns, all rbs return; they primarily used 3 but rb is not of much use for this team... There is not 1 senior receiver on the team last yr..They had 8 receivers catch 23balls or more and they are all back.. There are 0 senior linemen listed on the roster this yr as well...This team basically returns everyone on offense..

Defense, I don't know which players played but looking at the rosters...

DTackle - Out of 4 players, 1 is senior
DEnds - Out of 8 players, 1 is senior
Nose Tackle - Only 1 on roster, frosh
Linebackers - All 13 return
Cornerbacks - Only 1 on roster, Junior
DBacks - 10 listed on roster, 4 are seniors..
Safteies - 6 listed, 2 are seniors...

Not sure why they seperate cornerbacks and safties from dbacks but seems this team returns a lot..

Texas will have a lot of holes to fill and a top 5 ranking is generous. We return QB, WR, TE (basically another receiver), and Charles will finally be the starter at RB. We lose 3 senior o-lineman. This is a big deal imo. Colt was able to settle in as a freshman cuz he had solid protection from a veteran group. We have to fill in at LG, C, and RG/RT depending on who wins the spots on the right side.

We lose both our starting DE's. The new guys have seen PT and what they've shown so far is that they can rush the passer but Robison and Crowder (the departing seniors) were also great at stopping the run. However, in regards to stopping the run, we return our top 3 DT's. We return all our LB's which is good and bad. Internally there was a battle between Chizik and Mack/Akina (who will be calling the plays next year) as to which players should be on the field. This debate focused mostly at LB. Our LBs were awful this year and were a big reason why we gave up so many passing yards. We have a new LB coach and I look for this area to improve when we get the right guys on the field.

Our secondary will be a mess. Last year we had 3 senior starters and 1 walkon junior. The walk-on was Michael Griffin's brother and he was less than stellar. He is the only returning starter and some young pups will compete for PT. However, as per Mack's custom, he will probably give the starts early on based on seniority. This will be a bad idea as the more senior DB's at Texas showed last year that there is a reason they never saw the field until we desperately needed them last year due to injuries. So poor in fact that we had to take the shirts off of a few true freshman. These soon to be sophs will be starting by midseason. Either way, a lot of inexperience and uncertainty in the secondary. The talent is there, I'm just not sure if we'll see it early on. Judging by the way Akina called the Alamo Bowl, I expect to see a lot more of an attacking defense. We may need it next year in order to protect the secondary and these blitzes will have to be effective.

In summary, key losses are at OT, DE, and DB. Three important areas. Expect this team to be shaky early on. UT has been covering machines the past two years especially with the 20+ point spreads against lesser opponents early in the year. Be wary about those spreads early in the year. Next year I see the makings of a two loss team although the crappiness of the Big 12 may make the record better than that. Yes I know we lost 3 games this year but we were a better team than that. 1 loss was Ohio State and the other two were essentially without Colt. The 2006 team had more talent and experience than the 2007 team will. It will be a reloading/rebuilding year of sorts. But in 2008, look out.

Last edited:
Back