20 MPH winds in El Paso

Just checking the weather for today's games. Looks like 20 mph winds during USC/Ga Tech game. http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/El+Paso+TX+USTX0413:1:US?pagenum=1&nextbeginIndex=0

Any thoughts on whether this will affect game/scoring?

I thought this might be of some interest.

Thanks.

I already loved the 1st half UNDER in this game before I heard about the wind. I think 31.5 is an absolute joke of a line. These teams aren't scoring anywhere near that.

If anything it will favor USC because they will run it more and Tech's rush D is porous. Makes me worry a little since I'm on Tech today. And I agree, that total is tempting

Good play. Do we really think USC gives a shit about being there? From BCS national championship talk to El Paso........

I'd be completely caught by surprise if USC shows up today and plays with any heart what so ever. The one positive thing for this bowl is Whittek being named the starter. At the very least you know you will be getting a max effort from him. I mainly see USC having big trouble with the option.

I like the game to start out slow with a first half under in play and GT wearing them down in the second half and running away with a win SU personally.

I'm not trying to talk anyone in or out of a play, but is 20 Mph really THAT "game-altering?"

That's definitely a bit windy, but doesn't seem too strong to me?

Or am I underestimating that number?

Back