tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
Hit big top unit play on Texas a couple different ways so good start.

2-0

SGU -15, top unit WIN

Ohio +3, -115, 4 units WIN

brief notes , post #27, in Reno's BigTen thread. (If you aren't reading that thread carefully, I'd recommend- some very local and experienced handicappers collaborating.

hit me up with questions if desired- got notebook full on these two teams.

Rare territory for me btw. Can think of only a couple TU DD chalk plays in my history. Like it a lot.

Last edited:
Gl my dude. Thanks for posting in the b1g thread. Much appreciated.

Gl on the play.

Any thoughts on the total? These games are historically pretty low-scoring, and Iowa I would think has the defense to oblige.

Any thoughts on the total? These games are historically pretty low-scoring, and Iowa I would think has the defense to oblige.

I made it 45-46 but I'm not a huge totals guy..

I do not think ISU will score much but if I were under backer I would worry about IOWA adding on late which is un-ferentz like but special circumstances here with backup QB Stanley in need of some run. IOwa's defense will be playing with chip on shoulder as the Mia-Ohio yardage total was a little embarrassing and they have been hearing about it all week. Keep in mind, Iowa's best defensive player (no its not desmond King) the outlaw Josie jewell got thrown out for targeting very early in game. He will be back this week and very pissed off.

Also even though Iowa won this game last year it felt like they lost it due to the closeness and it kept coming up all year (i.e. "sure they are 12-0 but what about that close loss to shitty cyclones") so after a soft defensive performance last week and a chip on their shoulder after last years game, I think it sets up quite well situationally.

And dudes, Iowa States offensive line is terrible.. Iowa should win that battle by a mile. How is ISU gonna score? I think their only shot is to target stud WR Lazard 20+ times and sure that will be part of gameplan, good luck, as Iowa happens to have the Jim Thorpe winner at CB.. But it will be interesting because Iowa's defensive scheme does not have Desmond King (Thorpe winner) flip flopping side's of the field and I doubt they change that script this week.. What they do in essence is turn over half the field to King- thus allowing the safties to shade the weakside and make the field "small". If you are watching the game that is the first part to figure out. How will they use King vs Lazard.

Also, think I mentioned this in Big Ten thread but worth noting on these pages. Iowa defense did not blitz one single time last week. Goal was to keep it vanilla, especially after losing the outlaw, and give no useable film to ISU.

So to answer your question specifically, ya, I would lean the under, though I think the side provides many more outs. GL JDF

I made it 45-46 but I'm not a huge totals guy..

I do not think ISU will score much but if I were under backer I would worry about IOWA adding on late which is un-ferentz like but special circumstances here with backup QB Stanley in need of some run. IOwa's defense will be playing with chip on shoulder as the Mia-Ohio yardage total was a little embarrassing and they have been hearing about it all week. Keep in mind, Iowa's best defensive player (no its not desmond King) the outlaw Josie jewell got thrown out for targeting very early in game. He will be back this week and very pissed off.

Also even though Iowa won this game last year it felt like they lost it due to the closeness and it kept coming up all year (i.e. "sure they are 12-0 but what about that close loss to shitty cyclones") so after a soft defensive performance last week and a chip on their shoulder after last years game, I think it sets up quite well situationally.

And dudes, Iowa States offensive line is terrible.. Iowa should win that battle by a mile. How is ISU gonna score? I think their only shot is to target stud WR Lazard 20+ times and sure that will be part of gameplan, good luck, as Iowa happens to have the Jim Thorpe winner at CB.. But it will be interesting because Iowa's defensive scheme does not have Desmond King (Thorpe winner) flip flopping side's of the field and I doubt they change that script this week.. What they do in essence is turn over half the field to King- thus allowing the safties to shade the weakside and make the field "small". If you are watching the game that is the first part to figure out. How will they use King vs Lazard.

Also, think I mentioned this in Big Ten thread but worth noting on these pages. Iowa defense did not blitz one single time last week. Goal was to keep it vanilla, especially after losing the outlaw, and give no useable film to ISU.

So to answer your question specifically, ya, I would lean the under, though I think the side provides many more outs. GL JDF

Thanks for the thoughtful reply! I may get involved with a 1st half under.

:shake2:

Just combing through Iowa's media day transcript and saw Desmond King said the plan is to have him shadow Lazard.. Not sure why he would say that on Wednesday, and not sure I believe it, perhaps some gamesmanship. Dunno.. The other corner, Mabin, kind of struggled last week, so maybe the shadow is in play..

Two months til basketball season tee, gonna watch this one with one eye open...good luck I guess :)

Very, very windy afternoon at Kinnick. If it's like this at 6:30, will be a major factor.

solid day... say this --- total mismatch for ISU here as expected AND AND AND overreaction coming. will look to play clones on the backside next few weeks.

Well that Iowa play was a rocking chair bet. Nice and easy.....don't come easier.
Excellent work tee.

Nice day tee. Hawks get a sneak little visit next week. NDSU much better team than what they saw today and will be getting more points.. It's on my radar

Back