12/23 game between UCF and Marshall ?

It doesn’t make it an auto play for me but it at least makes me balk at taking the oppponent. Anytime a team is playing its bowl game within 100 miles or so of their own campus they they tend to play very well. It’s happened once this bowl season. FAU who most of us thought wouldn’t show up with all the adversity they were facing but they dominated being close to home in Boca. If this game was being played outside of the state of Florida I would lean Marshall myself. It’s gonna be a tough call with Doc Holidays record in Bowl games. I would lean Marshall right now if you forced my hand

Last edited:
FWIW:

Line is down to -15.5 from opening 16.5 and I'm seeing 61% of wagers and 60% of money on MRSH.

O/U is 60 down from 61 opening. 77% wagers and 60% money on Over

Anybody in Florida able to chime in on the weather? Winds look to be 10-15 with rain throughout the game. May get the early part in dry weather. Thoughts?

i know cincinnati crushed marshall and ucf crushed fau, thought these conferences were differently classes, then fau dominates smu .....so i don't know anymore. thinking combination of fau defense just coming into their own end of season and smu not motivated. uab and southern miss could not do anything on fau

Gabe davis is supposed to be sitting out

Well that sucks. Makes the total a no go for me. Would explain the drop despite the large number of people on Over. Im thinking the weather increases the run % and gives the Under a chance. Just don’t have any faith in either defense.

I saw Marshall play in person, they had a good pass d but couldn’t stop a running QB. Ran the ball very well, QB was shaky. Strong OL.

Really you kind of have to play on Doc in the bowls. And moneyline it.

Agree. Holliday has been awesome in bowl games

2018 3.5 favorite against USF in Gasprilla Bowl and wins 28-10
2017 4.0 underdog against Col State in New Mexico Bowl and wins 21-14
2015 4.5 favorite against UConn in St. Petersburg Bowl and wins 16-10
2014 9.5 favorite against N. Illinois in Boca Raton Bowl and wins 52-23.
2013 2.5 favorite against Maryland in Military Bowl and wins 31-20.
2011 4.0 underdog against FIU in Beef O'Brady's Bowl and wins 20-10.

Certainly a step up in competition here with UCF but four of the bowl above were in Florida and they won. A lot of kids on that roster are from Florida. Dating back to 2011 Marshall is 10-3 SU when they have traveled to the state of Florida. I think Marshall is the right side. They should be motivated and hopefully the UCF speed doesn't mean a "boatrace" from a talent standpoint.

Agree. Holliday has been awesome in bowl games

2018 3.5 favorite against USF in Gasprilla Bowl and wins 28-10
2017 4.0 underdog against Col State in New Mexico Bowl and wins 21-14
2015 4.5 favorite against UConn in St. Petersburg Bowl and wins 16-10
2014 9.5 favorite against N. Illinois in Boca Raton Bowl and wins 52-23.
2013 2.5 favorite against Maryland in Military Bowl and wins 31-20.
2011 4.0 underdog against FIU in Beef O'Brady's Bowl and wins 20-10.

Certainly a step up in competition here with UCF but four of the bowl above were in Florida and they won. A lot of kids on that roster are from Florida. Dating back to 2011 Marshall is 10-3 SU when they have traveled to the state of Florida. I think Marshall is the right side. They should be motivated and hopefully the UCF speed doesn't mean a "boatrace" from a talent standpoint.

Agreed and nice year by year breakdown. I couldn’t resist Doc either and played Marshall a variety of ways

Rain was said to have tailed off towards the end of the 2H...

But the field is crap like most of these FLA bowls.

FAU game was one of those where one team could move in it and the other couldn't.

Back