11/27/08 Turkey Day NBA

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
64-51 (56%) +8.70 Units
9-12 ML's -1.65 Units

Taking both road teams with basically no research. Always love the road teams on Holidays. BOL and Happy Thanksgiving.

Magic -3
Hornets +1

bush-turkey-mad.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving and Good Luck Jeff.

Think I am against you here with Wshington +3 or ML not sure .

Orlando is shorthanded due to injury and played a pretty tough game last night in Philly . They basically have Anthony Johnson starting at the Point with a bench of Courtney Lee of WKU fame , JJ Reddick and Tonny Battie . The starting went 35-40 minutes which I am curious to see how Johnson handles playing 35 minutes in B2B games. Its not that big of deal IMO with only Lee behind them it could cause trouble .

More importantly though IMO a team who is shorthanded is playing B2B road games , 3rd in 4 days and 5th game in 7 days .

They have seen 3 of the past 4 away games end with them winning by 2 points and the other by 5 points.

Win by 2 @ Philly
Win by 2 @ Indiana in OT (the start of this stretch) .
Win by 5 @ Charlotte
Win by 2 @ Dallas

Think 3 were late rallies with huge rallies @ Dallas and @ Indiana .....

Hard to know were Wash stands they certainly were underperforming and maybe the fact they switched coaches they enjoy at least a short run of immediate success .

So looking at how I play Wash 1st Q , 1st H , full game ...?? Think its a bad spot though and probably will take Wiz 4th quarter regardless:cheers:

How you gon' blatantly tail Ivy and play it off like that's not the case?

Punk.

Happy Thanksgiving and Good Luck Jeff.

Think I am against you here with Wshington +3 or ML not sure .

Orlando is shorthanded due to injury and played a pretty tough game last night in Philly . They basically have Anthony Johnson starting at the Point with a bench of Courtney Lee of WKU fame , JJ Reddick and Tonny Battie . The starting went 35-40 minutes which I am curious to see how Johnson handles playing 35 minutes in B2B games. Its not that big of deal IMO with only Lee behind them it could cause trouble .

More importantly though IMO a team who is shorthanded is playing B2B road games , 3rd in 4 days and 5th game in 7 days .

They have seen 3 of the past 4 away games end with them winning by 2 points and the other by 5 points.

Win by 2 @ Philly
Win by 2 @ Indiana in OT (the start of this stretch) .
Win by 5 @ Charlotte
Win by 2 @ Dallas

Think 3 were late rallies with huge rallies @ Dallas and @ Indiana .....

Hard to know were Wash stands they certainly were underperforming and maybe the fact they switched coaches they enjoy at least a short run of immediate success .

So looking at how I play Wash 1st Q , 1st H , full game ...?? Think its a bad spot though and probably will take Wiz 4th quarter regardless:cheers:

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I'm still 3 hours away from my first bite of turkey. Who the hell has thanksgiving at 7 anyway?

I can't argue with playing Washington at all after looking it over a bit. Would likely skip the game altogether if I had to do it all over again. After paying the juice to get out of my Pistons/Knicks under bet yesterday (which would have won) I've decided to let it ride. :cheers:

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I'm still 3 hours away from my first bite of turkey. Who the hell has thanksgiving at 7 anyway?

I can't argue with playing Washington at all after looking it over a bit. Would likely skip the game altogether if I had to do it all over again. After paying the juice to get out of my Pistons/Knicks under bet yesterday (which would have won) I've decided to let it ride. :cheers:

You have ORL owning Wash in the past on your side as well . Its a coin flip I guess...maybe it lands on 3 and we are all happy as I will take it to +3.5 :cheers:

Mike--You'll still be happier than me as I'll push. :)

Played Portland -3 for tomorrow. See it's already moved a tick so figured I'd post it.

Good health JP, but I would look into the road teams on holidays. WIthout much info going back too many yrs this is what I got:

Last christmas home teams went 3-0: cleveland, LAL, Portland, last thanksgiving- no games.
Yr before christmas home team 1-0: miami. NO thanksgiving game
yr before (Thanksgiving 2005) home team: 2-0: LAL and indiana. christmas: 2-0. Miami, Detroit
Yr before: christmas: home teams: 0-2- Miami (in OT) and detroit. thanxgiving: home 2-0 Indiana, LAC

those were all SU as I don't have the spreads. However, fading the ROAD teams on holidays makes more sense to me as u gotta imagine they don't want to be there and want to be home: no place like home for the holidays

those were all SU as I don't have the spreads. However, fading the ROAD teams on holidays makes more sense to me as u gotta imagine they don't want to be there and want to be home: no place like home for the holidays

Ya I looked up a bit of it and it certainly didn't match what I had remembered. Must of been NFL that I was paying attention to when I came to that conclusion. At the same time you would expect a road team not wanting to be away during the Holidays you could also look at it as a team bonding moment while the home team is mere minutes from their house and family. Probably overthinking it on either side of the coin.

Back