11:00 PM EST Saturday Degenerate Special: San Jose at Hawaii......

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
Notes:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- San Jose State Coach Dick Tomey is the All-Time Winningest Coach in HAWAII’s History (also the Arizona Wilcats). June Jones is a few wins away from surpassing this mark. Dick Tomey is a well liked legendary Hawaii Coach who was hired away in the early 80’s…..[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Hawaii’s Coach June Jones got his first ever coaching job in the 1970’s from……..Dick Tomey. These two remain the best of friends, golfing and hanging out in the offseason.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Before Dick Tomey became the Coach of San Jose State last year, he was the TV Analyst for Hawaii Warrior Football. In his own words, he has seen, been at, or commentated on every single one of June Jones games. To say Tomey is familiar with his protégé would be the understatement of the year…..
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Hawaii has won 5 straight against San Jose. However, three games were decided by single digits including the WORST officiated game in WAC history. I saw this game, and was stunned by what went on….the WAC hammered this officiating crew and it made National headlines when this crew was suspended for the season and banned from any post-season bowls. I would be surprised if any of these refs are still around. Not only did San Jose clearly score on replay, but they were NOT given time to run one more play (there were five other HUGE missed calls per WAC apology). San Jose Gets Hosed on Their Home Turf [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Even if you are not a fan of Hawaii…..you gotta like how Hawaii scores as if you were playing Playstation NCAA 2007…….How to be the Number One Offense, Punt the Least, and have 550 lbs of running back run over your secondary….[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Just for the Hawaii Fans.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will post my play Saturday if any…..

Right now I am in agreement with a lot of cappers I respect, including ssgkaapana, that Hawaii will have its hand full with a very good well coached San Jose State Team……

:spank: :spank: :spank: [/FONT]

I am secretly pulling for a sjs win and some other events to throw the WAC into chaos, but GL whatever you decide. :cheers:

Gotta imagine this one gets higher than 24.5. When it first came out, I was hoping for 28 but doesn't look like this line will move like the last few Hawaii lines.

You will have to give me 28 to play SJSU and go against a Hawaii team that has been throwing up 60 like its normal...

Hawaii scores 45-55 points in this one, just unsure how much SJSU will throw up...

My Pick and Reasons Why:

- Of Hawaii's 8 wins, 7 are against teams with losing records and Div IAA. Four of those teams have only 1 or 2 wins. Those 7 teams All qualify for the Top 40 shittiest teams in the Nation. Utah State and UNLV could actually have a BCS pre-Bowl Game for the Shittiest team in the nation.

- Hawaii has played only three opponents with a Winning record. Hawaii is 1-2 against teams with a winning record (granted, two were at VERY TOUGH venues), and its lone win over Nevada at Home came by 7 points. San Jose State at 6-3 qualifies here as a winning team......

- Like all Dick Tomey coached teams (old Hawaii and Arizona teams), SJS attempts to control the clock by getting first downs. SJS averages 20 first down per game. SJS was only dominated by two strong running teams: Nevada and Boise State's Ian Johnson. Dick Tomey coached teams rarely get blown out, even when facing superior competition .......Two of San Jose's losses this year are by less than 7 points, and Nevada got a late touchdown to win by 16......

- If not for the ridiculous year Colt Brennan is having, San Jose QB Tafralis Adam's numbers would look great: 1,580 yards / 68.5% / 14 TDs / 5 Int......Tafralis Adam will be the Best QB Hawaii has seen since Nevada's Jeff Rowe......

- This is a highly competitive series (Hawaii leads 6-4). In the last 10 years.......Only 1 game between these two has been decided by more than 25 points, and that is San Jose State winning by 28 points in 1998.......

Last year's 45-38 score is an indication of how well Tomey and Jones know eachother.....they both have acknowledged it on numerous interviews this week.......Both teams are vastly improved and I think we are in for a good game......

For these reasons, I see value in taking the points. There is stiff tariff to pay playing the Warriors these days due to their STELLAR 7-1-1 ATS run......

I have nailed two 1100 plays this year.....and this almost qualifies as the third.....but, I am left to wonder, how much did that Boise State loss last week take out of San Jose?

San Jose State + 25 1/2 550 to win 500

Good Luck in Whatever you Play you degenerates.......

cool.gif

Hawaiiguy...I'm sure glad you are on San Jose as I already have them in. I always enjoying readiong your threads as they have tons of facts/analysis. Good luck this weekend!

Any thoughts on the O/U? It's set at 70.5, which seems a little low. Anyone else feel that way?

Back