SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
One of these days will be a great one soon....all I needed was Utah for that last nite didnt happen....

Tuesday:

Detriot @ Wash :

We have the remtach. I have Pistons @ -2 on neutral court so this line is about right. Real tough spot for Wash to beat them twice in 5 days. From a logically standpoint the Over does seem enticing . We know BAR and Killa are on that like white on rice. Looking at the numbers I am having a hard time making a case for it. It just seems tight to me. One of the best aspects is the fact in Wash you get a lower number. I think partly that shows just how off that 206 was the other nite. Big problem here is bench scoring as both teams ae getting less then 20ppg recently from theirs.

Pistons are 4-1 with Webber and 4-2 since Billups returned. Billups defense is something making me weary of an over cause of how well he plays Arenas. The Wizards win was a big bounce back spot for a team embarrassed at home by PHO. With the total the had one game below 197 point sthis season 96-95 vs ATL.

At the end even with improved defense and a somewhat slumping Gilbert Arenas the Pistons have nothad an answer for him at the MCI Center. Arenas had 9 of 19 and 13 of 19 shooting days at home for 28 and 34 pts. The road games are like 10/27 , 5/17 , 10/32!!

Looking at Pistons ML and Over 204.

Boston @ Indiana :

Was hoping for a DD number here. The past 9 road games the Celtics are 7-2 ATS with both losses by the hook. I guess teams see there lineup and take them lightily. With Indy already beating them I expect that to happen here again. Somehow Boston has managed to go 15-7 ATS away. Boston tends to play Indy tight covering 5 straight before the last ATS loss and seven of Nine. They have covered the past four in Indy.

The big difference is this was pre trade Indy. Which now becomes less athletic . The difference is Boston has Delonte West and Waly World back two key offensive players but have lost Tony Allen since.

have to ride Boston away and looking at the under.

Warriors @ Cavs :

You have to like how the new GSW team is playing. They have struggled closing games but new face are always look for an identity. Here we have Cle losing LeBron and GSW gaining Baron Davis from the 1st meeting. I was on Cle big 1st time figured with new faces and no PG they would struggle. Strange is they didnt but melted down in the 4th and lost in OT.

Think GSW is a live dog here and the UNDER looks enticing. It took OT to crack 200 last time and we dont have LeBron to score those buckets when we need one....GSW shot 39.8%.....Better chance of a 1st H over and 2nd H under ...

Lakers @ Knicks :

Well Kobes absence ruined an opprtunity to have a confident over play. We have to remember how well LAL played w/o Kobe earlier. The difference here is Odom is just returning from injury and you just dont know how consistent he will be. They didnt have KWame Brown earlier in the season either. While Walton doesnt score much he does help the flow of the offense so he will missed in some ways here.

The Lakers came into NYK last year and smoked US. It was so bad it was the beginning of teh end for the NYK team. There was the big fightat pratice sonn after and we just feel to pieces. I think NYK remembers that. I think this is a great spot to get some revenge.

I do want to wait to see what the mentality is for this game though. LAL is OFF consecutive OT losses and that could leave them flat here. LAL is deep and has many capable players to fill in. So an over might still be in order but dont like Curry's so-so status...

NYK is 7-3 last10 ATS and LAL is 2-8 ATS...The Lakers do NOT defend so I will be thinking about NYK team Over as well probably 102 range....

Milw @ Miami :

The heat come in less then 100% with some question marks. The one that stands is out is both teams lack of defense. With Mo Willaims back and Villanaueva in the mix again the Bucks suddenly have an offense. Look at most of there recent ganes outside of the 220 total for PHO and you will see an up tempo Milw squad....

The over here is my strongest play so far. Both teams should be in the 100's....and that makes both team totals attractive.

With Bucks getting healthy and Miami questionable it looks like alot of points. The Bucks though have struggled in Miami recently so I will be cautious. Its probbaly grab the points or pass. Expect Charlie Bell to have a day here....

Seattle @ Dallas:

The Sonics are off a disgusting home loss to LAC. They have shown twice they can compete with Dallas for the 1st H then implode. With Dallas I see there level of play slipping and would be cautious about laying 12 here. They played so well for so long they are bound to hit a bumpy patch at some time. They lost in CHI on awful shootiong and returned home to sneak by Sacramento who was sliding themselves. The good sign is DAL offense was fine at home its been the defense past 2 games...

With Seattle they really cant defend much. Its hard to see Dall not scoring 105 here unless its blowout city. If its not it sets up nicely for an over ...say 106-98....

Stackhouse is heating up , Diggler doesnt really have someone who can guard him on Seattle and its a good spot for Seattle...to bounce back ...no expectations

Since that embrassing bowut vs Dal which was tied at the half , Sonics lines got fat and they have covered 3 straight and played well in Pho, GS and Houston.....

Thinking Sea 1st H and Over 200.....

Will be back later with more and cement the plays! Good Luck!

i also love the over on the Milw/Mia game sportsnut. I like the duel pt. guard lineup Milw has with both Williams and Boykins in at the same time. The only thing i don't like about the over is if Jason Williams doesn't play. I see he's quest. If so, Payton will prob start and he doesnt' push the ball anymore. good luck.

Thanks cogenman. He seems to be forever questionable. I really thought if there was any questions about Miami's lineup they would have held the game off the board for a little but never did. Mourning and Williams played last game so I expect them to be in here. I tend to wait to place everything until close to gametime unless I am scared about losing a number. Here even at 205 my play remains the same. I will wait it out and see what the story is with Miami then.

They definetly are employing alot of guards and small forwards with Williams , Boykins , Bell and Patterson. Then you have two bigs in Bogut and Villanueva who can score...should be fun....BOL

Got in on the lal/nyk over before mamba announced.... Still might hit but it will take some good shots tonight..

GL tonight NUT!

It was a good play for sure. I dont like to 'hate' on athletes but something about Kobe just rubs me the wrong way. This coming from a guy who 'roots' for Barry Bonds. All he does is drive to the lane throw 3 bodies and moan about not getting contact calls. I didnt seen the Manu incident but Kobe used to be likeable. I have to feel even with Shaqs big EGO it was Kobe as the problem . Seems like Wade and Shaq are fine together. Think it has alot to do with Wade's humbleness and attitude.

Anyway I will still probably play something to do with an over. LAL has no interest in defense and both love the fun and gun approach. Remeber after losing 126-110 at home to CHARLOTTE Isiah Thomas responded that he wasnt angry cause the Bobcats beat US at our own game. How many times you think a Coach says that after allowing 126 to a bottomfeeder??

Looking over some stuff now , be back shortly. BOL

that comment by Isiah Thomas after the Charlotte game struck me as well, has been haunting me ever since, played several overs in MSG :D

Not sure if it is true but just read Kobe is appealing and will likely play from a credible source.

Okay thanks to some computer issues I am running behind schedule here..

7PM:
Celtics +9 {4units} ML +400 {1/4unit} +3.75
Under 188 Ind {2units}-2.20
Warriors +2 {6units} -6.60
Under 204.5 Cle {2units} -2.20
Pistons ML +115 {2units} -2.00
Over 204 Wash {4units} -4.40

Be back with the rest...Good Luck

Last edited:
7:30

Lakers +2 {2units} -2.20
Over 204 LAL{2units} -2.20
Over 101 -120 LAL team {2units} -2.40
Over 103 -120 NYK team {2units} -2.40

I made some plays on the other 2 but waiting to see what happens now that they are off the board....Basicaly 5 pt sfor Kobe side and total is to much!

Last edited:
The rest:

Bucks +8 {4units} ML +325 {1/4unit} -4.65
Over 203 {4units} -4.40
Over 97.5 Mil -120 {3units} -3.60

Sonics +7 1st H {3units}-3.30
Sonics +12.5 {3units}
Over 198.5 Dallas {3units}
Sonics +3 2nd H{3units}

Have no idea why Dal went off the board so I my cancel. I have to step away for awhile. GL

Last edited:
I am simply the worst. Its every nite I read some good reasoning for plays I see as marginal decided to play them they go up in flames....every single nite. God bless the coattailers. Two plays I had no interest in when I went slept were the Wiz over and Milw and shockingly it only cost me 0-2 -8.80 units tonite...

you're not alone SN, I too took a decent beating (Illini salvaged some of my nite for me). We'll get the books tom.

Last edited:
Back