'08/'09 CFB Bowl Season

keep trying to grind it out bro...definitely a marathon with 34 games...GL yanks...

yessir, it sure is. :shake:

gl today yanks/administrator/redsoxfan

well two out of three .......

lol...2 outta 3 aint bad...which is how the day went for me. :tiphat:

GL today Yanks, got apiece of UNC myself.. I'm trying to grind it out myself..

hope u added fsu, bro. nd and fsu have turned out to be the best 2 bets of the season, to date.
but damn, with unc. you prolly won...but cuz i played it so early, and got a bad line, i lost the thing.
that's 3 losses (byu, troy, and unc) where my side couldn't hold the 4th q lead.

gotta feel for the U a bit. they played a helluva game...up until that late turnover...with a bunch of freshmen.
both miami and fsu will be teams to watch next season, imo.

anyways, now 6-5 on the bowl season...and just on the under in tomorrow's indepedence shitfest.

:cheers:

Took UNC ML +115..

Who needs two points anyway? I feel you on some tough beats. On UNDER tomorrow as well.. I don't know that i can bring myself to play anything on NW/Mizzou just yet.. That game is the worst of the season IMO.. GL buddy

well, that under came thru in the shitfest bowl. :shake:

7-5 now...and i added the 3 remaining 12/31 games...to take me up to the new year, and to 28 of 34 played.

Oregon St (-2.5)
Hard to do this. One is that both Rodger bros are out. Two is that the dog always covers in the Sun Bowl. That said...i had to take the beavers. Huge HC advantage. Riley has been awesome in bowls...and this is the mustache's 1st bowl appearance with Pitt. (Don't consider him anywhere near the level of Riley, fwiw.) Also...the beavs had problems this season with 2 teams...penn st and oregon...both spread offenses. Pitt isn't a spread...and with that QB, they are basically one-dimensional with mccoy. Now of course, mccoy's great...but the Beavs can stop this type of running game. Anyways, maybe more later...but just backing the better team, imo...with the better HC.

BC/Vandy u41
Was torn between taking vandy or the under...but decided to go with this. 2 very good defenses...and with crane out, 2 challenged offenses. Just see a 13-10 type of game, barring a couple defensive scores.

LSU/GT u52.5
Originally leaned to GT...then started coming around to LSU...but went with the under instead. GT is all run, and nothing else. It works...but witht he time off, i expect Miles to have this LSU defense prepared to stop/contain it. On the other side, LSU's got QB issues...and will have problems scoring on Tech's defense. Again...barring a couple defensive scores...this one has the makings of a very low scoring affair.

Just so hard to back wany against Riley. Pitt has to be a lot better than the beavers in order for them to overcome that mismatch.

gl yanks

Just so hard to back wany against Riley. Pitt has to be a lot better than the beavers in order for them to overcome that mismatch.

gl yanks

thx, vk.
fwiw...read that while the beavs were preparing for the bowl over the holiday, that wany gave his team some time off.
jsut think riley gets his defense ready to contain mccoy...which will kill pitts offense. and he'll also turn his boys loose on stull, who's a freakin statue back there. in other words, jsut see pitt's offense getting taken out of their gameplan from the get-go...and being disrupted/frustrated all day. on the other side...the beavs should get jsut enough from the backup rbs, to have a fairly successful passing game. keep coming back to the win over usc though. when it's not a spread offense they're up against, the beavs have been outstanding this season.

Love that teaser on the NW game tonight. Never played one before, but I may join you on that one. BOL tonight.

Love that teaser on the NW game tonight. Never played one before, but I may join you on that one. BOL tonight.

thankfully, it wasn't hosed by OT :shake:

Well, 17 bowl games in...and 10-7 so far, 1.15 units to the good.

Should be better, but it is what it is. The first week of bowls was tough for many of us. Went on a nice streak, but that ended today. Only Oregon kept it from being complete shit.
If only Nevada could tackle... :(

Anyways, updated the 1st post...had 2 more additions tonight. Both for 1/1. So i'm good up until the 2nd...and have got 30 of the 34 played, won, or lost.

Nebraska (+3) for 1 unit
had to buy the thing to 3, so it's at -120.

Virginia Tech (+3) for 1 unit
sat at 2.5 forever, but jsut moved to 3 @ bm.

Anyhow...it's make or break time. 5 big bowls each of the next 2 days...then 3 more on friday...then it'll be the home stretch, with the last 4 bowls all spread out over a 6 days.

So BOL these coming 3 days. :cheers:

GL Yanks...

thx, bro :shake:

a beautiful 5-0 sweep on new year's eve. much needed. now if only it can be duplicated on new year's day... ;)

15-7 now, thru 22 of the bowls...6.65 units to the good

already have had the 5 games for tomorrow/today locked in. but still considering adding 2 things. debating adding iowa. already on the under there...and i'm a bit torn on this side still. also debating adding the clemson/nebraska over. already on the cornholers...but remember the damage vatech did to them earlier this season? that's what's got me considering the hova here as well.

anyways, no additions yet...just looking at them still. just like i keep looking at the 2 on 1/2 that i haven't played yet. those are tough, imo.

btw...one more thing before i bail...PAC-10, baby!!! :tiphat:

20-7 now, 12.65 units to the good...with 7 bowls to go. :tiphat:

Already played Bama a while ago. But hadn't played the other two 1/2 games until just now.

Ole Miss (+4) for 1 unit

and

Tucky (+3) for 1 unit

I'll go update the 1st post in a bit. Brings me up to 32 of the 34 bowls played/won/lost now...with just the 2 january shit bowls left to figure out.

GL tomorrow. And hope the good fortune continues... :cheers:

There ya go...ole piss :)

Just added myself

hopefully they get pressure, so their secondary's not too exposed. also hoping tech doesn't really wanna be there...and that graham's not sharp.

tucky's a hard one, with cobb out. maybe shoulda went with the under then, with hartline at qb...but the bit of reverse line movement, along with some other things, got me to back the sec dog over the conf usa team...in the other one.

Helluva run Yanks....Congrats:cheers:

I've been leaning Ol Miss but had not pulled trigger.
Lot's of movement from my place. So I waited.
One thing I have not seen discussed is the motivation from Nutt.
He is one of the top dogs still around and growing up in Ark as a kid
I'm sure has plenty of fond memories of 'back in the day' when we all watched only a handfull of bowls because there were only a handfull of bowls back then. Teams from down in this part of the country 'wanted' to play in The Cotton Bowl. the Cotton Bowl was on of the bowls that counted back then. Today will be the last Cotton Bowl game played in the Cotton Bowl stadium (they move to the new Cowboys place next year).
Lots of history here that most aren't talking about but Houston Nutt, I'm sure, will have his crew motivated and ready. Early jump out front and expect to see ball control, time of poss., and some good Defense from the Rebs.

Oh yeah....did I mention that my guy has this up to Miss +5.5?:popcorn:

Yep...you bethcha...I'm buying it up to +6 but I like the ML too.

Best of luck Yanks.....great Bowl Season to Ya!!!:cheers:

Now.....
BamaHelmet_photo.jpg

fucking beautiful!!! 10-0 on 12/31 & 1/1. these last 2 days have totally made my bowl season...and kinda the entire cfb season, to be honest.

:tiphat:

ty, sir. :shake:
Pac-10 showed up this bowl season. 5-0![

I know what you mean and share your joy. It was a ho-hum season slightly under water for me until the bowls/FCS playoffs started. Hit 9 in a row starting with UNC through Houston and the combined Bowls/FCS playoffs are 19-5.

You made a great bet and Great Confidence play on UK.:tiphat:
I figure it's between you and me for the top prize, buddy.
You have a great shot with bama, UConn and Florida working for you. Texas too, a wee bit. Ball St would help me.

If I don't win it, you will. So Good Luck and please, - get yourself into the 21st century and change your Avatar to Yanks Zero Sox Two. I'm a Red Sox fan.:cheers:

CenTex... :cheers:
TY, Sir. ole miss was beautiful. congrats on that ML, bro.

Bull... :cheers:
I think it's yours, buddy. You've got a helluva lead. GL holding onto it.

Oh well...Bama ended my bowl streak at 13 straight wins. Still 2-1 on the day, up some change...so it's all good.
Brings my bowl record (playing every game) to 22-8, +13 units. :tiphat:

Still 2 plays pending...and still need to decide on the 2 shit bowls also remaining. So be back later...

but also wanted to say congrats to all who backed Utah tonight. :cheers:

holy crap.

amazing run.

nice capping this bowl season yanks..... apparently you don't spend all your time playing guitar hero ....

holy crap.

amazing run.

nice capping this bowl season yanks..... apparently you don't spend all your time playing guitar hero ....

lol...assuming my kids let me have a turn every so often.
but thanks, VK. these bowls made it a great year.
can't wait until the next one now. :cheers:

Helluva bowl season and season overall..great year John.

ty, brotha :shake:

and great job on utah. you nailed it.

Well, boys...imma done. :shake:

Spent yet another hour plus tonight on the 2 shit games (international and gmac), yet can't find anything i like enough to play in either of them. So rather than force basically an action play, i'm just gonna enjoy this run for what it was...and leave those last 2 games alone.

Playing 32 of the 34 bowls is enough. Still have Texas and Florida pending...but no matter what happens, it'll prolly be the best bowl season i've ever had. So why push it...especially with it being wildcard weekend.

Anyways, good luck to you if you're playing either the international or gmac...but i'll be back cheering on my texas and florida wagers to close out the year. Enjoyed it all (the college season) immensely, and am already looking forward to next year.

dammnnnn yanks you went on a tear! 13 in a row!

all of a sudden you skyrocketed near the top of the confidence pool too... and still sit. unfortunately me and you both had bama as 33... so i was not happy with the result either tonight and those fuckers stopped your streak.... but what can ya do.

incredible run and season. glad to see some people out their winning and kicking the mans ass.:cheers:

Back