05:00 PM EST Saturday: Hawaii at Fresno

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
Notes:

- Three years ago i mentioned Hawaii is the most bet on College Team next to Notre Dame....because of the midnight chase start. I forgot why, until I went into an in game thread.........my question is, how the hell do you guys on east coast stay up for this? 90% of the guys are drunk, irrational, and degenerates who should be out getting laid on a Saturday night........
an_roll_laugh.gif

- Hedging out on the Nevada +14 proved Golden......A 7/12 point line movement??? I know a lot of guys on the other forums hit the sweet 7 1/2 line movement middle.....congrats......almost hit mine. But this brings up something: every game this year involving Hawaii, if you faded the line movement you would have won....I am pretty sure you would have made bank on this last year as well.....

- Hawaii jumped to a 20 point lead against Nevada and pounded Jeff Rowe so much he got injured and was taken out......But I have said this about Jerry Glanville last year when we hired him.....there is a reason he was booted out of the NFL and couldn't find job.....he is a shitty ass defensive coordinator.....his "Gritz Blitz" is essentially put all our corners on an island and send the house......the result? you either get a sack/play for a loss or give up a huge play......for hawaii that has all new cornerbacks? give up the big play non stop......I can't wait for Glanville to be out.....

My Pick and Reason Why:

Hawaii -5 1/2

I have seen Fresno Play a lot......

- Since the Mormons left the WAC, this is Hawaii's biggest game of the Year.....Revenge situation for Hawaii.....I think a lot of Hawaii's late meltdown against Nevada has to do with this game.......look ahead game. It also works out favorably that Nevada got back within 7, if Hawaii had won by 20, this line would be much higher........

- When i saw Fresno beat Nevada to start the season (looking back, how the hell did Fresno do that?), i knew off the bat this would be a down year for Fresno......they have no team speed......Pat Hill is great coach, but even he is allowed a rebuilding year.....under June Jones, Hawaii is 4-4 against Fresno and have lost 2 straight, after winning 3 straight against them........Hawaii has shown their toughness on the Road this year, and it will finally bear fruit here with a Win over our biggest Rival.......

This could be a steal.....Hawaii by 14+........

My second 1000 play of the year, last one being Hawaii over Boise........

Hawaii - 5 /2 1100 to win 1000

Good luck in whatever you play.......

be careful man, paul williams was out vs Utah St and he is obviously a big key to Fresno St's O especially when matching up against hawaii's brutal secondary. You won't see Nate Iloa busting 45 yard runs on fresno's D line like he did at will vs nevada. I like Fresno to win lol but I am stoned.

Whenever you feel this strongly about a play, HG, I'm usually a tailing. Thanks for the thoughts!
beer.gif

Hawaii would have lost to nevada if chris ault could ever get with the program and realize some games its ok to pass 100% of the time.

NickFazekas said:
Hawaii would have lost to nevada if chris ault could ever get with the program and realize some games its ok to pass 100% of the time.

True, but if the the Fresno guy Bannister throws 100% of the time, they will get down by 50........

Hawaii stacking 8 against Fresno will work against a shitty QB.....

Hawaiiguy said:
True, but if the the Fresno guy Bannister throws 100% of the time, they will get down by 50........

Hawaii stacking 8 against Fresno will work against a shitty QB.....

ya I can't say much there other than if Williams is back this would be as good of spot as any for a breakout game by Brandstater. GL on the play man, im going to wait to see if I can get +7 or more on fresno now at this rate.

hey hawaii guy:

Where the fuck did Nate Iloa come from? He looks exactly like Jerome Bettis except with WAAAAAY more moves. I would take that guy in the first round lol.

I touched on this in my wk7 pick thread, now that I got you on my side, I'm pounding this!

Last edited:
NickFazekas said:
hey hawaii guy:

Where the fuck did Nate Iloa come from? He looks exactly like Jerome Bettis except with WAAAAAY more moves. I would take that guy in the first round lol.

Yeah, dude he is a fricking bruising stud........get this background on him, and you will see why he is so good:

This Samoan kid is actually from West Virginia and was the West Virginia High school Offensive player of the year.

He was a Blue Chip recruit and signed with West Virginia.....

How the fuck did he end up in hawaii???? Well like all Samoans, half his family is here......and i guess he wanted to join his family and probably felt like he wouldnt see much playing time at West Virginia.......

Oh yeah, and one more thing, you may not remember this, but he was Hawaii's leading slot back 4 years ago until he blew out his knee.......

He kept gaining weight so Jones said, screw slot back i gotta move you to running back.....

- Three years ago i mentioned Hawaii is the most bet on College Team next to Notre Dame....because of the midnight chase start. I forgot why, until I went into an in game thread.........my question is, how the hell do you guys on east coast stay up for this? 90% of the guys are drunk, irrational, and degenerates who should be out getting laid on a Saturday night........

Hawaii guy-I saw a lot of that ingame of there and it was like a flashback to the old days. That was horrid indeed. What a bunch of knuckleheads for most part. A few good guys still remain but that was pretty funny shit.

Nice write-up. I kinda don't want to touch another Hawaii game anymore. They are too 'scandoulous'(wink wink) IMO. I think Fresno is in tank though and Hawaii could jump all over them. I'll think about this one but you are confident and that is usually money. BOL.

Defense — Through five games, the Fresno State defense had forced zero turnovers. Yes, zero.

NickFazekas said:
hey hawaii guy:

doubt you would remember, but Bettis had those same moves at Notre Dame. all about the age my man.

Yeah Tarheel I remember Bettis (Why would I be comparing Iloa to him if I didn't?). You are the one who must not be up at 12est catching Hawaii games on TV, cant blame ya:cheers:

Line is dropping, everyone piling on Fresno......

If the trend continues, like all the other Hawaii games........

:spank: :spank: :spank:

You know I'll ride it with you Hawaiiguy - as for how I can bet on it late and stay up... Most of the time my drunk ass comes home alone. I chose that route instead of heading home and spooning with a guy like KK mentioned he has done. LOL

Best of luck this week

From the fresnobee..

Bulldogs might call for back-up plan

Hill pondering a move at quarterback to cure ongoing offensive struggles.

By Gary Estwick / The Fresno Bee
(Updated Monday, October 9, 2006, 6:23 AM)
FRESNO STATE VS. HAWAII

Saturday: 2 p.m. at Bulldog Stadium
Records: Bulldogs 1-4, 1-1 Western Athletic Conference; Warriors 2-2, 0-1

adsonar_placementId=19053;adsonar_pid=565757;adsonar_ps=1271773;adsonar_zw=240;adsonar_zh=140;adsonar_jv="ads.adsonar.com";​

Backup quarterback Sean Norton could log the first playing time of his college career Saturday afternoon when Fresno State hosts Hawaii.
Or he might not play at all.
"I don't know how I'm going to do it yet, don't know if I'm going to do it yet," Bulldogs coach Pat Hill said Sunday night.
"I don't know. But I think right now, Sean's the kind of guy that could really add a spark."
Here's what is known:
Hill said Tom Brandstater is still the starter. Brandstater has completed 51% of his passes, but has thrown more interceptions (six) than touchdowns (five).
Under Brandstater, the offense is averaging less than 155 passing yards per game, which allows opponents to pay more attention to running back Dwayne Wright, thus hindering the offense's best asset.
The Bulldogs will incorporate a series of plays for Norton this week at practice. The redshirt sophomore could be inserted in Saturday's game at a planned time, maybe in specific offensive situations, or he could watch the homecoming game at Bulldog Stadium from his usual spot: the sideline.
During Saturday's 13-12 loss to Utah State, Brandstater completed 13 of 27 passes for 155yards, including a 60-yard touchdown pass to Chastin West. While it was a clear improvement from recent performances against Colorado State and Washington, it might not have been enough to stop Hill from thinking about changes.
"I might have to go for the first time in my life with playing two quarterbacks," Hill said. "I'll do whatever it takes to win."
Williams still aching
A bruised left knee forced receiver Paul Williams to watch his first-ever Fresno State football game from a vantage point other than the sideline.
"Since I've been eligible to play, I've been traveling," the senior said. "So it was kinda rough, sitting at home. For the first time in about four, five years, I saw the Fresno State game as a fan."
What he saw Saturday was the Bulldogs falling to an unlikely opponent: previously winless Utah State.
"I saw that we're a good team, we just make a lot of bad decisions sometimes, at every position," he said.
Williams expects to return to the lineup against Hawaii.
Hill isn't so sure.
"I don't think there's any injury that might keep anybody out, except for Paul," Hill said.
Williams participated in several running drills Sunday night, but sat out the rest of practice. He wore a brace on the left knee he injured late against Colorado State.
Despite missing a game, Williams still leads the team in catches (16) and receiving yards (149).
The Bulldogs already have lost receiver Jaron Fairman to a knee injury for the season.
Punting improvement
Hill said he was pleased with the Saturday performance of Kyle Zimmerman, Fresno State's third-string punter who, because of injuries, has become a starter.
Zimmerman punted seven times for an average of 38.4 yards. His longest was 54yards. Zimmerman also tallied four punts inside the Utah State 20-yard line.
"He played very well," Hill said. "Came in and did a great job of putting the ball up.
… He did a really good job under pressure."
Hill said he will not consider increasing Zimmerman's role to help with the kicking game. Zimmerman is also the backup kicker.
Starting kicker Clint Stitser went 1 for 3 on field goals against Utah State, missing from 42 and 27 yards in the first half, then converting a 29-yarder with 3:56 remaining.

thanks for the info green, I definitly lay off if williams is out again.

62-23

game Fucking Over.......:spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank:

Back