Zimmer to the Vikes

P-Unit

Beacon of Calmness
Best news of the week. This was the guy I wanted all along. It's the right time for him to get a HC job and this team badly need the discipline he will bring. PUMPED :thumbsup2:

Congrats P...think that's a great hire for you guys. Sure you don't wanna trade for Jason Garrett??? :popcorn:

Just read that in 54 years of this franchise, none of the nice coaches that have been hired has had previous head coaching experience. crazy.

Sounds like Scott Linehan is the primary target for OC. He did well here before but I hope he does a better job than he did with Staff in Detroit. I ripped Staff for not putting in the extra work but obviously a lot of that fell on Schwartz and Linehan too.

Just read that in 54 years of this franchise, none of the nice coaches that have been hired has had previous head coaching experience. crazy.

Sounds like Scott Linehan is the primary target for OC. He did well here before but I hope he does a better job than he did with Staff in Detroit. I ripped Staff for not putting in the extra work but obviously a lot of that fell on Schwartz and Linehan too.

How many of the mean ones? :)

About time Zimmer got a shot. Maybe the Browns should have hired him last year. I'm sure Jump's not happy.

Vikings fan checking in. Love the hire. Perfect man for the job.

Would love for Norv to be brought in as OC as well.

And then there's this:

@RapSheet: From what I hear, #Vikings assistant with best chance to stay: Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer, who @ChrisWarcraft just wrote about

Norvel one of the best OC's in the business for decades, he would use Cordarelle the way he should have been used all of last year. Love what Norv did with Gordy and to think he had 3 bumbs throwing him the ball. The Cordarelle fantasy hype will be bananas

And then there's this:

@RapSheet: From what I hear, #Vikings assistant with best chance to stay: Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer, who @ChrisWarcraft just wrote about

Priefer is one of the best ST coaches in the league. Hope they keep him.

Kluwe is an idiot and since the article came out he decided it would be a good idea to lawyer up. Probably a good move since nobody will substantiate his story - especially no current players.

You'll like Zim if you like guys that are up front and real assholes...I loved him because he's real...but he's abrasive as fuck, just to warn ya.

You'll like Zim if you like guys that are up front and real assholes...I loved him because he's real...but he's abrasive as fuck, just to warn ya.

We just had 6 years of Brad Childress and Leslie Frazier. I'll take him.

I think sports need more people that tell you what they're thinking.

Now the question is do they keep one of the three stooges at QB or bring in someone new. Need to see these fuckers win a SB in my lifetime.

We just had 6 years of Brad Childress and Leslie Frazier. I'll take him.

I think sports need more people that tell you what they're thinking.

While I agree with this point, and Caldwell may very well do exactly that, does him being honest/blunt make up for the fact that he may not actually be a good coach? The story OM posted in this thread, about him using a TO at the end of a game for, not only no reason, but in doing so actually helped the team would make one think he's not to be trusted very much.

Maybe it does make up for his shortcoming though, as his team will always know where they stand, and theoretically should be motivated since they know hard work will lead to playing time, etc. If he hires a "common sense coach," this all becomes a moot point, because he'd have someone intelligent and analytic doing all of the clock management, when to go for 2, when to go on 4th down, and when to challenge a play or not.

Back