You're starting an NBA team...

STEED

CTG Partner
Staff member
You just signed a 5 year deal and you get to hand pick seven guys to start your team with. Any position, any players.

Ready, go...

Cousins? I wouldn't take him for minimum salary...
His picture can be under "Head case" definition...

1. Anthony Davis
2. Chris Paul
3. LaMarcus Aldridge
4. LeBron James
5. Paul George
6. Kevin Durant
7. Damian Lillard

John Wall
Lebron
KD
Paul George
Dwight Howard
Roy Hibbert
Steph Curry

and a phone that auto hangs up if anybody calls me trying to trade Melo. Don't want him near my team

John Wall
Lebron
KD
Paul George
Dwight Howard
Roy Hibbert
Steph Curry

and a phone that auto hangs up if anybody calls me trying to trade Melo. Don't want him near my team

Agree about Melo, but Howard is pretty much the same type of selfish player. If you don't want Melo, how could you want Dwight?

1 of them blocks shots & can get rowdy on D. The other is just gonna piss the rest of my team off

That guy that blocks shots and gets rowdy on D will also piss off the rest of your team, your coach, and probably your fan base at some point as well. Anthony Davis can do all of those things on the court, and is 7 or so years younger to boot. So can Roy Hibbert.

Great, YOU take Davis. I will take Howard. See how that works? It's who I want in MY team and who YOU want on YOURS. Works out well that way

Great, YOU take Davis. I will take Howard. See how that works? It's who I want in MY team and who YOU want on YOURS. Works out well that way

I get it, just having a discussion. See how that works? You even said you knew he'd be frowned on...this is him being frowned on.

That guy that blocks shots and gets rowdy on D will also piss off the rest of your team, your coach, and probably your fan base at some point as well. Anthony Davis can do all of those things on the court, and is 7 or so years younger to boot. So can Roy Hibbert.

...not to mention, would be an extreme liability at the ft line.

Another thing on Howard...there are 10 other players averaging more blocks per game than him this season. Davis averages almost double, 3.3 to 1.7, while Davis also shoots 76% at the stripe to Howard's 52%. Hibbert, 2.5 and 75%.

1. Anthony Davis
2. Lamarcus Aldridge
3. Damian lilliard
4. Trey Burke
5. Kevin Durant
6. Lebron
7. Paul George

Run u all outta the gym.

not being homer, but you need Anthony Davis on your team if you just signed a 5 year deal. I know they don't get on TV much, but this kid is for real

still thinking on mine

1. Anthony Davis
2. Lamarcus Aldridge
3. Damian lilliard
4. Cousins
5. Kevin Durant
6. Lebron
7. Paul George

Run u all outta the gym.

Replace Burke with Cousins.. Grab every rebound and then run you out of the gym...
for those who think he is a head case.. Look at the team , the previous owners, the coach, the situation, don't believe the guy has said a word this year... And shoots over 70% from the line.

Replace Burke with Cousins.. Grab every rebound and then run you out of the gym...
for those who think he is a head case.. Look at the team , the previous owners, the coach, the situation, don't believe the guy has said a word this year... And shoots over 70% from the line.

When he isn't ejected or frowns on the bench/ floor.

This is just silly.....

surround him with these other 6 players and there will be no frowning..

So he needs to have superstars all around him for him not to act like a petulant child? He's a head case, plain and simple...he always will be that ticking time bomb about to blow at any time.

So he needs to have superstars all around him for him not to act like a petulant child? He's a head case, plain and simple...he always will be that ticking time bomb about to blow at any time.

Maybe he does and the thread is any 7 and based on skill set no questions i would take those 7..
Even if it means they might need to babysit one of the best young centers in the league....

Maybe he does and the thread is any 7 and based on skill set no questions i would take those 7..
Even if it means they might need to babysit one of the best young centers in the league....

Fair enough I guess.

If someone needs superstars, and lots of them on his team for him not to act like a spoiled brat that isn't someone anyone should want on their team. No one is doubting his talent AT ALL, he's just a head case.

I'll try doing this to assemble a real line up:

PG: Lebron
SG: Curry
SF: Durant
PF: Davis
C: Hibbert

Bench:

George
Wall

The 7th spot is tough with guys like CP3, Love, Lillard, and Harden all viable options. Hibbert wouldn't be on this list if I wasn't going to create a "real" team. But as a true Center and considering his age, he's probably the best C in the league right now. Davis could play the 5 in an athletic line up, but I'd rather him at the 4 on my ideal team.

If you give me 7 players then IMO you should select a pure shooter, I like klay more than curry because of height advantage, and I think he is the better defender( could be dead wrong about defense part)

Agree about Melo, but Howard is pretty much the same type of selfish player. If you don't want Melo, how could you want Dwight?

Melo is a pure scorer. 2nd best scorer in the league. Howard has NO OFFENSIVE GAME whatsoever in my eyes. He's cancerous and a big fucking baby. Who's the best player Melo has ever played with? Tyson Chandler?

Melo is a pure scorer. 2nd best scorer in the league. Howard has NO OFFENSIVE GAME whatsoever in my eyes. He's cancerous and a big fucking baby. Who's the best player Melo has ever played with? Tyson Chandler?

That has nothing to do with Melo being selfish player. He is selfish, doesn't play much defense, and isn't even on the list of guys you should want on your team if you want to win a championship. I agree with you about Howard...my comment was simply about both of them being the same type of me-first, selfish player.

That has nothing to do with Melo being selfish player. He is selfish, doesn't play much defense, and isn't even on the list of guys you should want on your team if you want to win a championship.

Um, it has everything to do with it. How much do you want melo to do without help? He can't do everything. Sure he is not the defensive player that Howard is... that is not even debatable but Melo is the FAR better offensive player. Howard has tried to develop his game, he even forced the rockets' hand into hiring Hakeem to be his own personal trainer/mentor whatever you want to call it... he's just not serious about winning.... thats what it comes down to imo... melo is. You can't expect Melo to play lock down d and do what he does on offense... its not really possible

Um, it has everything to do with it. How much do you want melo to do without help? He can't do everything. Sure he is not the defensive player that Howard is... that is not even debatable but Melo is the FAR better offensive player. Howard has tried to develop his game, he even forced the rockets' hand into hiring Hakeem to be his own personal trainer/mentor whatever you want to call it... he's just not serious about winning.... thats what it comes down to imo... melo is. You can't expect Melo to play lock down d and do what he does on offense... its not really possible

Okay. Melo is a selfish player and will never win. I'm not even close to the only person who has this opinion...many, many people have the same one.

You're a Melo fan, I get it. I'm not even a Melo hater, I like the guy...I also like the truth though.

To say he can't play lockdown D and score like he does is a cop out though. Kobe did it, Lebron does it. He doesn't even need to play lockdown D, how about just not resembling a pylon out there? Maybe he could play some defense and score a bit less if that's what it takes to win.

And I'm not even the guy who started the 'Melo is selfish' talk in this thread...I simply agreed with that sentiment and added that Howard is just as selfish.

Okay. Melo is a selfish player and will never win. I'm not even close to the only person who has this opinion...many, many people have the same one.

You're a Melo fan, I get it. I'm not even a Melo hater, I like the guy...I also like the truth though.

To say he can't play lockdown D and score like he does is a cop out though. Kobe did it, Lebron does it. He doesn't even need to play lockdown D, how about just not resembling a pylon out there? Maybe he could play some defense and score a bit less if that's what it takes to win.

And I'm not even the guy who started the 'Melo is selfish' talk in this thread...I simply agreed with that sentiment and added that Howard is just as selfish.

Lol. I am in no way in hell a Melo fan. I am an NBA fan.

I don't care if everyone thinks he's selfish. He is given a VERY unfair label of being called selfish for what he has on his team. And i'm not trying to argue with you, just giving counterpoints and discussing.

You bring up Lebron and Kobe. Melo has never had the help both of them have had. Its really a big deal. The reason melo went to NY is to start his own version of the big 3, and it just has not panned because the owner is incompetent.

Basically, I think there are more players in the NBA that are better at what Howard brings to the table than than what Melo brings to the table. If that makes sense.

Lol. I am in no way in hell a Melo fan. I am an NBA fan.

I don't care if everyone thinks he's selfish. He is given a VERY unfair label of being called selfish for what he has on his team. And i'm not trying to argue with you, just giving counterpoints and discussing.

You bring up Lebron and Kobe. Melo has never had the help both of them have had. Its really a big deal. The reason melo went to NY is to start his own version of the big 3, and it just has not panned because the owner is incompetent.

Basically, I think there are more players in the NBA that are better at what Howard brings to the table than than what Melo brings to the table. If that makes sense.

Their help wasn't my point with those 2 (although Lebron had less help in Clev than Melo had in Denver and Lebron still did it all on both ends of the floor)...they both play lockdown D and lead their teams in scoring. Melo did this to himself imo, he's the one who chose to come to NY. Who didn't know the owner was incompetent to begin with? Not to mention, from the sounds of it, he wants to stay in NY.

If he really wants to win, like you claim he does, why would he have left Denver to begin with, and why in the world would he stay in NY now? His supporting cast in Denver was better than it is now, and was going to be, in NY wasn't it? That team in Denver was damn good (Melo did have some really good "help" on those Denver teams, I'm not sure why you keep acting as if he was playing with scrubs), I just don't understand why he wanted to leave for NY and play with Amare (who's a lazy bum in his own right) and whoever the other guy was supposed to be in that "big 3." I honestly can't even remember now, did he think CP3 was going to end up in NY or something? There's not a chance he will win a title in NY, so again, why in the world would he want to stay there if his goal is to win a championship?

Back