YOUR Sunday Wild Card Play Of The Day And Why...

Iggles. Experience.
All I hear about Chicago is its defense. Defense means nothing when your offense can‘t keep it off the field. Slow start but Eagles pull away.

Last edited:
Bears will cover the eagles.

Best defense in the league.

This defense is as good as the defenses that carried kapernick with sanfrancisco.
Championship level defense.

Think they win the gane vs eagles rather easily. Matt Nagy is no joke. The guy is a winner went from selling homes to being coach of the Chicago bears ,fascinating story.

Eagles are playing good ball but this bears team is very strong. All you have to realize is the bears are led by defensive genius Vic fangio and offensively by MIT mastermind Matt Nagy. It’s a tough combo to beat and honestly this team could easily conceivably be the best team in football.

Mack roquan smith trevathan Akeem hicks Leonard Floyd Kendall Fuller Eddie Jackson. This team is stacked like a young Seattle team

Jack Flaccoon ML and -2.5, kinda think Ravens tt over as well...might wait on 2h for it and feel out the 1h but it's really the only game I prefer over to under in general, I trust the Ravens if it turns into a shootout with the playmaker taking snaps, if it's not I think the team total will still painfully get there. Thoughts in my thread.

I knew there would be Saturday thoughts in here from Sammy before even opening it

Jack Flaccoon ML and -2.5, kinda think Ravens tt over as well...might wait on 2h for it and feel out the 1h but it's really the only game I prefer over to under in general, I trust the Ravens if it turns into a shootout with the playmaker taking snaps, if it's not I think the team total will still painfully get there. Thoughts in my thread.

I knew there would be Saturday thoughts in here from Sammy before even opening it
Saturday Thoughts Are Up Brother. :shake:

Ravens-3 and under 42

I thought I liked under better all week but the more I’ve talked about this game and looked at it I like ravens just as much.

The reason: pure physical domination.

Kinda sucks chargers drew this matchup because I truly believe they are built to beat pretty much all the other afc contenders, who knew a tough physical defense and power run Game would be in playoffs this year as NFL has made it clear they want the no defense, no physicalness, 7 on 7 video game football to succeed. Chargers are built incredibly well to defend that offense and they capable of putting up points on the weak defenses mostly rocked by those teams.

Unfortunately for SD (I refuse to cal them la) balty will once again ram the ball right down their throats. I suspect Lynn will be forced to commit more resources to stopping the zone read and when they do I think Lamar will roast them for a couple deep tds.

Imo all ravens need here is to put up any number above 20 and they win. Few big plays, defense setting up at least one score (maybe more, life gonna be tough in rivers), few 50+ yard fgs and I just don’t think chargers can match that output especially when you consider how deliberate both teams are with the ball in chewing up clock. Just don’t see rivers scoring more than 17ish with limited possessions.

Feel the same way about the Raves. Chargers will need 23 to win - just like the last 50 Ravens games. Oppo teams 20-2 scoring 23+ and only 2-26 scoring less than 23.

In the last decade, quarterbacks making their postseason debut, a la the Bears' Mitchell Trubisky, are just 1-9 against quarterbacks who have won a Super Bowl, which Foles did just last season.

In the last decade, quarterbacks making their postseason debut, a la the Bears' Mitchell Trubisky, are just 1-9 against quarterbacks who have won a Super Bowl, which Foles did just last season.
I'd forgotten that Frank Reich was the QB coach last season. And, as if it wasn't worth a lot already, Super Bowl experience is worth a little more now after that Colts win today. Turns out Reich even wrote the foreword to Foles' new book they published back in June.

I HATE Rivers...Like Brady...A Cry Baby...But I Think This IS His Final Chance..... Philly...Sigh...Thinking ML Philly...A Vet Winning Quarterback .VS. A Also Ran... Hmmm

I'm in a huge minority but thought I'd share some thoughts. I think the Ravens caught LA in a classic letdown spot after a huge emotional win in KC the previous week. The addition of hunter Henry will be huge. Watching the end of the Ravens game last week, I got the feeling they were hanging on for dear life and might be content on just making the tournament. Letdown comes from the Balt side this time in my opinion. I'm on the Chargers ml and think they win by DD as they head to Patriots country.

I HATE Rivers...Like Brady...A Cry Baby...But I Think This IS His Final Chance..... Philly...Sigh...Thinking ML Philly...A Vet Winning Quarterback .VS. A Also Ran... Hmmm

Brady a crybaby?? What about Tom Brady’s act has ever said “crybaby” The guy is one of toughest competitors out there. He will work the refs like any QB but that’s a credit not a detriment.

I'm in a huge minority but thought I'd share some thoughts. I think the Ravens caught LA in a classic letdown spot after a huge emotional win in KC the previous week. The addition of hunter Henry will be huge. Watching the end of the Ravens game last week, I got the feeling they were hanging on for dear life and might be content on just making the tournament. Letdown comes from the Balt side this time in my opinion. I'm on the Chargers ml and think they win by DD as they head to Patriots country.

I agree with this take. I was big on Balty the last time for exactly that reason. It was a letdown spot for the Chargers. This game is a much better spot for them.

Additionally, there is an angle that says if a team loses SU as a home fav of >3 and then play the same opponent a few weeks later as a road dog...take them. I don't have the numbers on this one and my SDQL-fu is not up to looking it up myself but a serious capper I trust on such matters says its been highly profitable.

I'll just add that I've seen something a little different this year from Rivers. He's always been good, if whiny, but this year he just seems to be on a mission. I've seen him make some outstanding throws this season and really got the impression he's leaving it all out there for a shot this year. Honestly, I don't even like the guy but I just see a spark I'm not sure I've seen before.

Chargers +3 for me

Henry isn’t playing. I grabbed LAC +3 at open but I’m probably hedging out of it. Chargers offense has struggled lately, especially Rivers. Don’t think Gordon is 100% and I’m not sure if I trust their line to hold up here

I think Balt has a big coaching edge in the game. They also have a kicking adv w Tucker. Lets look at Chargers wins. Buffalo, SF sans Garapolo, Raiders, Browns coming off multiple OT gruelling games, Titans, Seahawks, Raiders, Cards, Bengals, Steelers, Chiefs and Broncos. I'll give em credit for beating the Seahawks even though they were still finding their way early, the Chiefs and the Steelers , the rest are bullshit. They also struggled with Denver and the only tough defense they faced was the Ravens and scored 10 pts at home. Yes I know they left some points on the field but now they travel east with an o-line ranked 3rd last by Football Outsiders and Rivers is not throwing it well down the stretch.

Gimme Balt -3

Bears will cover the eagles.

Best defense in the league.

This defense is as good as the defenses that carried kapernick with sanfrancisco.
Championship level defense.

Think they win the gane vs eagles rather easily. Matt Nagy is no joke. The guy is a winner went from selling homes to being coach of the Chicago bears ,fascinating story.

Eagles are playing good ball but this bears team is very strong. All you have to realize is the bears are led by defensive genius Vic fangio and offensively by MIT mastermind Matt Nagy. It’s a tough combo to beat and honestly this team could easily conceivably be the best team in football.

Mack roquan smith trevathan Akeem hicks Leonard Floyd Kendall Fuller Eddie Jackson. This team is stacked like a young Seattle team

Spot on. Vangio is a genius. The Bears refusing to let him return to SF a year ago really hurt.

Spot on. Vangio is a genius. The Bears refusing to let him return to SF a year ago really hurt.

Those niners teams were led by his defenses. The offense was put in favourable down and distances.

It was the defense that set the tone and allowed the offense to play pressure free.

This bears team is as talented as the niners defense and even the seattle defenses. Legit players on all levels of defense.

I’ll take the Nagy fangio combo over almost anyone.

The beating they laid on Vikings last week was reminiscent of a young Seattle team

The top play on the board today fellas is simple.

We must place our faith in the one the only man capable of delivering a masterpiece.

His name is MATTHEW Mathias Nagy.

Bears first half -3.5 looks good to me.

I’m loving the Chargers +3 this weekend. I think they are a much better team with a defense that’s underrated. Rivers is having one of his best seasons and the dude is a gamer. Gordon is healthy and I think they can contain the one trick pony that is Lamar. I think he shows his inexperience the way DeShaun did yesterday. Favorite play of the weekend.

I also love a Bears/Bama ML parlay although not applicable for this one.

I agree with this take. I was big on Balty the last time for exactly that reason. It was a letdown spot for the Chargers. This game is a much better spot for them.

Additionally, there is an angle that says if a team loses SU as a home fav of >3 and then play the same opponent a few weeks later as a road dog...take them. I don't have the numbers on this one and my SDQL-fu is not up to looking it up myself but a serious capper I trust on such matters says its been highly profitable.

I'll just add that I've seen something a little different this year from Rivers. He's always been good, if whiny, but this year he just seems to be on a mission. I've seen him make some outstanding throws this season and really got the impression he's leaving it all out there for a shot this year. Honestly, I don't even like the guy but I just see a spark I'm not sure I've seen before.

Chargers +3 for me

Surprised to see you going with the on a mission thought after all the metrics usage in the other thread, Rivers wasn’t that impressive to me this year

I like the Chargers in this one. Last meeting was bad for LAC from a situational standpoint, though I'm not minimizing the Ravens dominance that day. Everyone hyped on the Ravens defense but it's not like the Chargers have a garbage d. Seeing a running qb the second time around HAS to make some kind of a difference, and one dimensional offenses don't usually make it far in the playoffs. Everyone just thinks Rivers will be neutralized because of his limited mobility when he is a top tier qb who has the 7th best qbr in the game. Better than Rodgers, wilson, Watson, Dak. He just does it less flashy. Say he gets a 2 score lead (by some miracle) into the fourth. Balty from behind against a strong D is not something I want my money on. Yes the Ravens may have the coaching advantage, but in the end I think the Chargers are better overall at skill positions and it will show today.

Brady a crybaby?? What about Tom Brady’s act has ever said “crybaby” The guy is one of toughest competitors out there. He will work the refs like any QB but that’s a credit not a detriment.

Not sure if your being funny or not? Brady is a huge cry baby, always has been. That goes for his wife as well.

I like the Chargers in this one. Last meeting was bad for LAC from a situational standpoint, though I'm not minimizing the Ravens dominance that day. Everyone hyped on the Ravens defense but it's not like the Chargers have a garbage d. Seeing a running qb the second time around HAS to make some kind of a difference, and one dimensional offenses don't usually make it far in the playoffs. Everyone just thinks Rivers will be neutralized because of his limited mobility when he is a top tier qb who has the 7th best qbr in the game. Better than Rodgers, wilson, Watson, Dak. He just does it less flashy. Say he gets a 2 score lead (by some miracle) into the fourth. Balty from behind against a strong D is not something I want my money on. Yes the Ravens may have the coaching advantage, but in the end I think the Chargers are better overall at skill positions and it will show today.

Yeah I think Balty snuck up on a lot of teams this year by having a somewhat unique offense and having a lot of defensive looks but getting to see them a second time definitely allows for adjustment.

I remember the game @Pittsburgh when SD needed a drive at the end and the Steelers brought everything they had, play after play and Rivers just continually found his hot reads with pinpoint accuracy and men in his face. It was impressive. One of those times when you realize this guy was just not going to be denied. I'd love to see him bring that today.

I can see arguments for Philly, but best play of the day? Jason Peters health concerns alone is worth 1.5 points. If Vaitai plays more than 20 snaps against Mack, the Eagles will not cover. And if Vaitai comes in the game they're not moving Mack anywhere else than against V.

But Seriously. Eagles getting almost 7 points today? Hard to pass up imo. SB Winning QB vs...What's the bears QB name?! Exactly. Rivers on a mission this year. Chargers win by a TD Imo...I could see both Rivers And Foles helping these two games go over the numbers of 43 and 41.5...

But Seriously. Eagles getting almost 7 points today? Hard to pass up imo. SB Winning QB vs...What's the bears QB name?! Exactly. Rivers on a mission this year. Chargers win by a TD Imo...I could see both Rivers And Foles helping these two games go over the numbers of 43 and 41.5...

Chargers are the better teams

Rivers vs lanar?? Mismatch all day.

Bears -7. It seems high.

But a 23-7 covers easy.

Best defense in nfl. At home.

This defense is very close to the Seattle and Denver defenses !

My apologies on the Henry info. Earlier reports this week had him playing this weekend.

I'm not a prop bettor but this particular one looked solid to me. I took the Ravens for the longest fg made today at -115... Give me Tucker in that situation at home.

I’m seeing this train of thinking. Could be right could be wrong but would like to point it out for all astute thinkers out there.

1- Ppl are buying Baltimore based on their unique offense and overall success with Lamar at the helm.
Ppl are ignoring how good the chargers were this season.
QBs will be forced to throw all playiffs and rivers can and lanar will make errors.

This game is similar to yesterday’s game. Colts like chargers have all the playmakers! Ravens did well to get here. But lamar lost every big college gamd vs good defenses. I expect that to continue toda

2 - bears -7. Seems like a lot. Eagkes are playing well. Foles is awesome.

But the -7 isn’t easy. Bears can cover easily with their defense. If they only allow less than 10 points they will cover. Best defense in league at home can cover the -7 easily.

23-10

I'm buying Baltimore all the way to the Super Bowl Samuel!

Now that Seattle are out, I'm buying Bears too...just not going to lay the 6.5 when I'm already on under

Back