Your opinion on this trade proposal...

Tito

The Salty Dog
So I've been real high on Hunter for the titans...he's on 2 of my 3 teams and I planned on stashing him to see if he develops.

So a guy in my league asked me what I wanted for him...I was hoping for a rb sleeper equivalent, he doesn't have one.

He does have Tom Brady as his backup qb...so I asked for him and he said he would. All I have is Romo, who is good but...

I am stacked at wr already - jordy, Brandon Marshall, michael Floyd, golden Tate, and Terrence Williams...

So I should accept that trade right?

Its a fair deal for both, but personally, if you've already got Romo, I'd swing for the fences and keep Hunter. He might not ever start for you, but Brady might not either and I'd rather be deep at WR than QB...especially this year where the QB's between 6-14 are essentially the same.

I'd keep Hunter. Rather stock up on non-Qbs for trade bait. Romo should be good enough until he gets hurt. If he does get hurt, QB is deep enough where you can pull a trade.

hunter is going to be boom or bust every week. but having him as your 3rd or 4th WR is great for that. he will be lined up against shit CBs and will break a few long ones. all he needs is 1-2 catches per game to potentially win you a week. i see a few of his stat lines as 2grabs 75 yards 1 TD

Romo has been a top 10 fantasy QB 4 of the last 5 years. don't see how brady is that big of an improvement.

I appreciate the feedback guys…I accepted the trade. I went back and forth on it, and I can see Hunter going off potentially, but I guess i have been worried about Romo staying healthy after the back issue. I have a bad feeling about it…I may come to regret the trade, we'll see.

Romo has been a top 10 fantasy QB 4 of the last 5 years. don't see how brady is that big of an improvement.

Last season Brady was seriously handcuffed with a bunch of guys who couldn't even hold onto the ball. They knew they were going in short handed, but they were planning on using Vareen all over the place including a few sets as wide out. Gronk got hurt again, Ridley shat the bed...and Brady kinda gave up on his team there, once it was apparent that he and Ammendola couldn't get in sync either.

Last season gave Brady a lot of motivation though. Vareen is back and healthy. Brady found a reliable target in Edelmen. Ammendola is a wildcard would STILL could pay off hugh if Gronk can stay healthy and defenses are forced to cover multiple threats again.

This seems to be a bounce back year for Brady IMO.

Agree that Brady could have a big year, at least when compared to last year...he had 9 receivers tackled at or inside the 1 last year too, so for all the talk of how horrible of a year he had, it wasn't that bad. If 5 of those 9 guys score, he's in the top 10 QBs for the year.

Whether or not Brady comes back and has a good year wasn't the question though Ivy...OM asked how Brady was that big of an upgrade over Romo...and he's probably not really much of an upgrade at all. Of course, if Romo gets injured again that's another story, but if they are both healthy Brady isn't much better than Romo fantasy wise, if at all.

Agree that Brady could have a big year, at least when compared to last year...he had 9 receivers tackled at or inside the 1 last year too, so for all the talk of how horrible of a year he had, it wasn't that bad. If 5 of those 9 guys score, he's in the top 10 QBs for the year.

Whether or not Brady comes back and has a good year wasn't the question though Ivy...OM asked how Brady was that big of an upgrade over Romo...and he's probably not really much of an upgrade at all. Of course, if Romo gets injured again that's another story, but if they are both healthy Brady isn't much better than Romo fantasy wise, if at all.

yeah I mean, it's hard to forget the years that brady/brees/rogers went 5-6 rounds higher then romo foor good cause...

I can see Brady having a Brady kinda season... I can also see Romo falling off from his mean season over the past 5 years barring injury but of course if he's injured again, all bets are off...

I genuinely believe Brady ends up ranked inside the top 5 QBs at season's end and Romo outside the top 12...

the points delta? Big enough to justify giving up a flier that can get you into trouble if he gets hot and you start spot starting him IMO...

it's all subjective though...nobody really knows until they start playing so we'll see...

I genuinely believe that Brady's season is tied to Vareen more then it is tied to Gronk at this point...but if they can both stay healthy and those seconds year players and Edelman give Ammendola some room to operate... I think Brady could have one last shot as a SPECIAL kinda season.

yeah I mean, it's hard to forget the years that brady/brees/rogers went 5-6 rounds higher then romo foor good cause...

I can see Brady having a Brady kinda season... I can also see Romo falling off from his mean season over the past 5 years barring injury but of course if he's injured again, all bets are off...

I genuinely believe Brady ends up ranked inside the top 5 QBs at season's end and Romo outside the top 12...

the points delta? Big enough to justify giving up a flier that can get you into trouble if he gets hot and you start spot starting him IMO...

it's all subjective though...nobody really knows until they start playing so we'll see...

I genuinely believe that Brady's season is tied to Vareen more then it is tied to Gronk at this point...but if they can both stay healthy and those seconds year players and Edelman give Ammendola some room to operate... I think Brady could have one last shot as a SPECIAL kinda season.

Brady's season is tied to Gronk more than anyone else...the stats have proven that. You're right about Vereen having some impact, but nowhere near the impact you'll see with or without Gronk.

Outside of the injury concern for Romo, what do you see that makes you think he drops off? The Cowboys new OC (Scott Linehan) is known for making QBs fantasy studs. Couple that with Romo having a pretty decent running game with Murray, one of the top 5 WRs in the game in Dez, and a less than stellar defense which could see the Cowboys behind in games and throwing it all over the field....and it's a recipe for Romo to have a big year.

11. With Scott Linehan calling plays as his offensive coordinator from 2002 to 2004, no quarterback had more fantasy points than Daunte Culpepper's 888.

12. With Scott Linehan calling plays as his offensive coordinator from 2011 to 2013, only four quarterbacks had more fantasy points than Matthew Stafford's 863.

Brady's season is tied to Gronk more than anyone else...the stats have proven that. You're right about Vereen having some impact, but nowhere near the impact you'll see with or without Gronk.

Outside of the injury concern for Romo, what do you see that makes you think he drops off? The Cowboys new OC (Scott Linehan) is known for making QBs fantasy studs. Couple that with Romo having a pretty decent running game with Murray, one of the top 5 WRs in the game in Dez, and a less than stellar defense which could see the Cowboys behind in games and throwing it all over the field....and it's a recipe for Romo to have a big year.

11. With Scott Linehan calling plays as his offensive coordinator from 2002 to 2004, no quarterback had more fantasy points than Daunte Culpepper's 888.

12. With Scott Linehan calling plays as his offensive coordinator from 2011 to 2013, only four quarterbacks had more fantasy points than Matthew Stafford's 863.

This

The stats support gronk b/c brady hasn't had the ability to utilize vareen the way they had figured on using him since game one of last season...I see a special connection there that's all upside.

As far as Romo's side of things... One key injury to one of three players kills his potential this season. And we're talking about head cases and injury prone vets.

wow... no idea how i missed that...ive been spelling his name wrong for years lol...

but yeah im very high on him this season...and admittedly much higher on NEs then most

The stats support gronk b/c brady hasn't had the ability to utilize vareen the way they had figured on using him since game one of last season...I see a special connection there that's all upside.

As far as Romo's side of things... One key injury to one of three players kills his potential this season. And we're talking about head cases and injury prone vets.

You can say the same thing for most teams in the NFL. Who's the head case though, Dez? He's not a head case, you watch too much ESPN or something. Every man on that team raves about how great Dez is as a teammate and player...the whole thing about his 'fit' on the sideline was nothing more than the media making a story out of nothing. Not one dude on that team (coaches included) said that Dez did anything wrong that day, in fact, it was even the opposite, Dez was trying to pump his team up if you listened to the audio and didn't just watch the video....the lame media just tried to make it a story.

Who are the injury prone vets you're talking about?

I think he means Demarco as injury prone...

I agree w Ivy in that I can see and I think Brady will have a big year despite everyone writing him off.

I guess I didn't really have the need for another qb, but Romo and his injury risk worries me a little and I look at as a got two chances at having a big scoring qb w a big season and I got Brady for a WR receiver that hasn't even done anything yet. Granted, Hunter looks good and he could blow up, but he's w a oft injured qb and a shitty team. I may come to regret it. We will see...

I think he means Demarco as injury prone...

I agree w Ivy in that I can see and I think Brady will have a big year despite everyone writing him off.

I guess I didn't really have the need for another qb, but Romo and his injury risk worries me a little and I look at as a got two chances at having a big scoring qb w a big season and I got Brady for a WR receiver that hasn't even done anything yet. Granted, Hunter looks good and he could blow up, but he's w a oft injured qb and a shitty team. I may come to regret it. We will see...

I agree that Brady can have a big year as well. I only really took exception to Ivy saying, initially, that Romo couldn't have a big year. You can think he'll get injured again all you'd like (valid concern)....but to say that he 'can't have a big year' is incredibly naive and foolish. Even if you don't *think* he will have a big year....fine....that still doesn't mean he *can't* have a big year.

I agree. And I think, as long as he stays healthy, he will have a big year. But shoulder and back issues on an older player definitely concern me, a lot.

Back