Your NFL Team

frankiegotti

Power Boat Enthusiast
This thread is for those interested in the draft. My point here is post your favorite team and who you want your favorite team to pick and why. In the first round. Please try and make it a little bit realistic lol.

Mine is:

Cleveland Browns

(they switch picks with minnesota because minnesota wants their quarterback in brady quinn, i am making this assumption because detroit all but said they aren't going quarterback this year.)

At pick #7 I would like them to select

Amobi Okoye NT Louisville 6'1 287

welp, im an eagles fan.......I truly think they need to go LB.....I'm not huge on Trotter....and McCoy isnt working out like expected.....The Eagles really dont have that one dominant LB that any team fears (even rookies like Ryans and Hawk intimidated teams last year)

SO......I would love to see them get Poslusny from PSU......I'm pretty sure that most teams are not lookin ILB this year and I think the kid from Ole MIss (I'm blanking on his name right now) will go before him somewhere....I really dont think its a stretch for the Eagles to get him at 26

If Willis gets past pittsburgh, i think he can slip all the way to philly. Willis would be a great player to get a #26.

I also believe that it depends on whether pittsburgh resigns their ILB Clark Haggans.

Kenny Irons wouldn't be a bad option at #26 either? what you think?

Cincinnati Bengals: Same pick as you actually..Okoye..

Quality player, great upside, DL (position of need), and great kid most importantly.

Need good guys as bad as good players at this point honestly.

I like how both my teams are the only ones covered so far.

The Browns are sort of the more interesting case. Part of it will depend on the coin toss. If they get the third pick, I could see them holding onto it, holding out hope that Joe Thomas falls to them. I also remain convinced that they really want Adrian Peterson. I personally am on the fence with him, but I think the organization really likes him.

I would almost rather see them trade down, try to stock the lines, starting with offense then working to defense. I'd then like to see them follow with the secondary. That all said, if they stayed where they were and took Calvin Johnson I know it mmight not be popular, but I think it might work out great for them in the long run.

As for Philly, I know exactly who I want them to take, but I don't think he'll be there. I want them to take Reggie Nelson from Florida to, at first, help Brian Dawkins, then slowly replace him as he retires. But I don't think he's falling that far in the draft.

I'd like them to look at LB, too, but I don't think it's going to happen. Gaither seemed to establish himself as a starter and I believe they've got a guy coming off injury in Gocong who they like. I think McCoy is a non-issue because he played himself out of a job last year. He'll probably stick around as a reserve and special teams guy, but Gaither took his spot. Also, unfortunately, the time to replace LBs via free agency was last year, not really this year.

The trick is that Andy is so big on drafting along the line early on and that D-line that looked so solid to start the year last year, looked shakey to end it. So maybe they go there, but I'd really like to see them look at the secondary because they're going to lose CBs this offseason.

Jump's right on the Bengals, that might be the single best player they could possibly draft this year in Cincy.

NEW ORLEANS

the saints desperately need a new cornerback. preferably someone not named Fred Thomas. Leon Hall would be great but i don't think he'll be on the board come selection time. (27th i think) McCauley or Revis will have to do.

RAIDERS-

I dont know what Al Davis will do and I dont think anyone else does either

IMHO The top 3 player in the draft are

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Brady Quinn

Lions are sure to get a Wide out with an attitude. "I guarentee a victory over Chicago".......ok Roy. Still gets me everytime. Sorry Semcon.

Anywho Green Bay

Joe Thomas
Adrian Peterson

It is looking more and more like the raiders are going to be getting Jamarcus Russell. Al Davis expressed to the local Oakland media outlet (CBS) how much he is impressed with jamarcus russell and how well he would fit into what there trying to accomplish." I don't know if i believe that or not, because lets not forget the commonality of the draft lie, lie, and lie. Although, Al Davis was never one for much of a smokescreen so i don't know what to think, maybe that really is there guy???

Detroit Lions

Ted Ginn
Calvin Johnson
Dwayne Jarrett

;)

April 28th headline in detroit

Lions pick best athlete, Calvin Johnson

April 29th Headline in Detroit

Millen's found outside of Lions complex bruised and bloody

LOL, i don't know how teh fans would act with another wide reciever.

I think he goes in the first round because of his speed. His size is above average for a speed reciever. His technique needs work because he carries the ball like a loaf of bread, but other than that i think he is early to mid 1st round.

His 40 yard dash times his junior year at OSU:

pre-season: 4.31
mid-season: 4.27
pre-bowl: 4.24

he is a speedster, so since it wasn't an ACL or MCL i don't think it will affect him as badly.

Yeah, I could see it, I suppose. Where'd Sinorice Moss go last year? I know he went to the Giants, I'm just trying to remember the round, if it was one or two.

Ginn is fast, no doubt about that, but he's got 'tweener' written all over him for the NFL. I hope he makes it, I'm not rooting against him or anything, I just worry teams are going to be iffy on him and he'll have to really work in the NFL.

I agree, Sinorce Moss was in round 2.

I think Ginn's toughness could come into question b/c i don't think he is much of a blocker.

I also agree that Ginn goes first round......I really think he has Devin Hester to thank for that.....Speed like he possesses cannot go late, as Hester made such a difference on ST unit, Ginn MIGHT be even more dangerous

I also agree that Ginn goes first round......I really think he has Devin Hester to thank for that.....Speed like he possesses cannot go late, as Hester made such a difference on ST unit, Ginn MIGHT be even more dangerous

I agree with you, but Teddy Ginn has to develop a technique for celebrating WITHOUT getting hurt.

Id love to see the Eagles get Reggie Nelson but as long as Reid is there its gonna be an offensive/defensive lineman

If Mel Jr. has Ginn 8th, Mel's lost his mind. That said, he may have him 8th in talent, but does he have Ginn going 8th in the draft?

CM, I fear that too, but really what I fear more is that Reggie won't even be there by the time the Eagles draft. I worry that he goes in the mid-to-low teens. The Eagles' draft is going to be very interesting this year. Of course, I hope that it will be interesting every year and then I find myself saying, "a lineman from Arkansas, who the hell did they pick?"

Ginn is a Az-Hakim type player...health will always be an issue...value on special teams and as a 3-4 catch a game player

If Mel Jr. has Ginn 8th, Mel's lost his mind. That said, he may have him 8th in talent, but does he have Ginn going 8th in the draft?

CM, I fear that too, but really what I fear more is that Reggie won't even be there by the time the Eagles draft. I worry that he goes in the mid-to-low teens. The Eagles' draft is going to be very interesting this year. Of course, I hope that it will be interesting every year and then I find myself saying, "a lineman from Arkansas, who the hell did they pick?"

Exaclty Right JP...I for one dont think Nelson will be there still but If he is I really dont want to see an OL/DL taken...I think Nelson goes between 10 and 20...26 is pretty far down so its hard to go through and figure out teams needs and see and try to figure out who might be there but who knows maybe they can find a Diamond in the Rough down there like KC did back in 03 with Larry Johnson

CMoney......that all depends on what teams needs are that year.....When Aaron Rogers dropped.....it wasnt cause he sucked, it was because NO teams from like 10-24 needed a QB, so he sat....Same with LJ...teams before him didnt need a RB, so he fell into there laps.....This was kinda my feeling with Poslusny.....Besides Pittsburgh, no teams before the Eagles really needed a LB.......I'd rather see the eagles get the arguably best LB in the draft than the 4-5th best player in another position

The spot that the eagles pick and the needs of other teams i think if Willis of Paul Posulsny isn't there they go corner back. I believe that is what will end up happening as i believe both linebackers will be gone by the time the eagles are to select.

Hile makes a good point, guys can drop ten spots easy and it can have nothing to do with them. Rodgers might actually suck, but it's true, his drop was due to the needs of the teams, not really him. Same with LJ.

That's why I think this Kenny Irons thing is kind of interesting. Because he's not going in the top 10. So there's a real possibility he could fall all the way through the first round. And what's weird is, I heard him on the radio recently, and though his stats dropped off significantly this year because of his ankle injury, apparently, if you look at his averages they're just as good as they were the year before. That suggests he came back just fine from the injury and because his stats suffered he may sneak under the radar. He's also coming out of a RB factory.

That all said, I agree CM, I'd like to see them draft secondary as well with the first pick. I don't think they'll draft an RB that high, and I don't think they'll draft an LB in the first round, it's just not their style. Hell, even secondary is a stretch for 'em.

I agree with you Joe Public, Kenny Irons is a very talented RB and could drop all the way through the first round.

If that does in deed happen, i would love to see the browns pick him up in round 2.

You and me are thinking the same thing, Frankie. I'd love to see the Browns go with a Calvin Johnson or trade down to the middle of the first round, pick up a lineman, then take Irons in the beginning of the second round.

Though I suppose you could make an argument for the Raiders taking him, even if the Browns lose the coin toss, I don't see Detroit or TB taking a RB that high. If Irons makes it through the first round he could end up being a steal for the Brownies--especially if the Browns trade down and pick up say another second round pick.

Tennessee Titans.

But i will support the Browns just because the owner is Randy Lerner who is also the owner of my favorite sports club Aston Villa FC.

I'm from Philly...

Love to see PUZ from PSU, but he likely won't be there. Would love to see Rice from South Carolina. Syndey Rice WR from SC. 6'4 200lbs. I'm predicting Stallworth will be gone, so who's our #2 next to Reggie Brown? Basket? Lewis? I don't think so...And the WR Free Agent board is weak this year.

I have a bad feeling Stallworth is gone, too, and I think that as much as they'll miss him on the field it will send an even worse message to the locker room.

At some point, you have to pay somebody other than Donovan. And you have to pay a receiver. I know the TO thing blew up in their face, but Stallworth is not TO and at some point you've got to make a statement that you want to win.

I have a bad feeling Stallworth is gone, too, and I think that as much as they'll miss him on the field it will send an even worse message to the locker room.

At some point, you have to pay somebody other than Donovan. And you have to pay a receiver. I know the TO thing blew up in their face, but Stallworth is not TO and at some point you've got to make a statement that you want to win.

I'd agree, BUT Stallworth is very injury prone. Im actually siding w/ Philly here just b/c of the injury situation. I think if he was 100% healthy, he'd be back for sure. When he DID play, he was a threat. Injuries fucked him though. Doesn't help that dick, Rosenhaus rep's him!

The Rosenhaus thing will hurt him, and the injury thing will be what they use, but seriously I think it's as much about the statement as anything--and that not trying, hard, to re-sign him makes the Eagles look cheap again.

I really think that's a problem in that locker room.

Oh, and if they don't re-sign him, one guy I'd really like to see come to town would be Dallas Baker. I know, I know, I'm a Gator fan, but I think Dallas has a good chance to be a very good receiver in the NFL. Good size, good hands.

The Rosenhaus thing will hurt him, and the injury thing will be what they use, but seriously I think it's as much about the statement as anything--and that not trying, hard, to re-sign him makes the Eagles look cheap again.

I really think that's a problem in that locker room.

Oh, and if they don't re-sign him, one guy I'd really like to see come to town would be Dallas Baker. I know, I know, I'm a Gator fan, but I think Dallas has a good chance to be a very good receiver in the NFL. Good size, good hands.

Baker #81, who ODDLY looks like TO on the field. My friends and I constantly mention that.

It's funny you say that because I've seen it, too. He does look like TO out there. I think, stress 'think,' that he's got a much better attitude.

If i was a reciever and i had the choice of my number i most defintley would not pick 81 because of all the bad blood that associates with that number.

Back