Your Favorite Play Today and Why

Dammit. I had a winner but didn’t see thread!! That’s ok, my college play was nails this week!!! Guess i could throw one out for tonight even though I hate it!!

pitt/cincy over 40.

this play is dumb on so many levels!! Bungals have only eclipsed 10 points 1x in the last 5 weeks! Only scored 10 the 1st meeting with Burrow under center!!! There nothing about this matchup that screams we gonna see many points scored. The steelers havnt even eclipsed 20 points in a month!! Even the terrible Bungals defense has only allowed more than 20 twice in the last 6 games!! Last week dallas got 30 but even that was deceiving as they only allowed 309 yards! There is literally nothing about this game that makes one think it gonna be anything other than a total stinker steelers prob win 24-10!! Even with steelers defenders dropping like flies there no reason to think they can’t shut down this hapless Bungals offense!

So now that we established just how dumb the over would be let’s figure out why im apparently a idiot! despite all the things that point to under i am surprised this total is lower than the pats/fish which was one the better and most predictable unders I’ve seen this year!!! There was no mystery to what that pats/mia game was gonna look like, more rushes than passes, no bad turnovers, careful game plans with defensive head coaches playing the field position game. I mentioned before that game that total should have been 37 even in today’s nfl! And it would have been 34-35 years ago (I nailed that!).

For as ugly we should expect this game to be what isn’t a given is what this game will look like? You would think steelers use this game to try and find some sort of run game, but will they? There been several other games steelers have played the last month where they could have tried to establish the run game but they didn’t do it, instead throwing it 40-50x! In fact these 2 teams are both top 5 in percentage of pass plays!!! Even if steelers do try to establish a run game it stands to reason the only way they stick with it is if they having success, a successful run game can help scoring. However if they once again struggle to establish the run it be very easy for them to fall back on what they know best and sling it all over the yard 40+ times!

Bungals have shown no interest trying to establish any kind of run game, since their bye week they have not had a rb have more than 12 attempts while regularly not having anyone with double digit carries! I understand they lost mixon but this a product of having a terrible coach who clearly fell on his head when dropped from whichever coaching tree he a disciple of!

make no mistake there very little reason to expect any kind of excitement tonight. It much more likely this a total shit fest. That said this the lowest total of the weekend while it features 2 of the teams who throw the most passes!! Even if you terrible at throwing the ball when you do it 40x a game there a high percentage of leading to points one way or another! Be it touchdowns, interceptions, sack/fumbles, or pi flags! Even ho hum incompletions prevent the clock from moving so there be plenty of opportunity for the things mentioned above to come to fruition!! We also have quite a bit of talent on both sides the receiving end of these passes! No matter how ugly this is and potentially awful to watch it may be, this still a low number in a game that has a very high likelihood of 75-80 pass attempts!!! So if you a huge degen that has to watch this crap fest hold your nose and play the over!!

To be clear in case it didn’t come thru in all that gibberish, this is not close to my favorite play of the week or even the day when it my only play! Lol

Curious if I convinced anyone to play over??? Just don’t go crazy if ya do! I’m certainly not! Much better over in the Nevada bowl game 2marro!!

I don’t see how Cincy gets to 14 tonight. They have failed to get there in their last 4 meetings against Pittsburgh. Since JB went out they are averaging 10 points per game, and that’s with a special teams touchdown vs NYG.

I don’t see how Cincy gets to 14 tonight. They have failed to get there in their last 4 meetings against Pittsburgh. Since JB went out they are averaging 10 points per game, and that’s with a special teams touchdown vs NYG.

i don’t either. I dunno how they eclipse 40 combined? Although steelers could score 34!! There only 2 reasons I could think of to play the over:

1st it makes no sense so nfl being the makes no sense league we have that going for us!

Secondly as I mentioned it might be awful looking but 40 a really low total in a game that might see 80 passes! Plus the most talented position bungals have is their wrs imo. We know steelers got good ones despite having the dropsies lately.

Throw in the fact it a awful game the sponsors can’t be happy about and just maybe we get some help from refs trying to keep the 12 ppl who tune in interested! Lol

Typical nfl, expect the unexpected! Play made no sense, never woulda thought it cash if steelers only scored 17, and boom easy money! Lol..

I actually did think when Bungals got gifted 17 1st half points it would prob go over but once again thought it be cause steelers come back! Certainly not cause Finley would run around like a super slow Lamar Jackson! This new yet old strategy I have brought back worked killer in this one! Lol.

Back