You can chose either player right now to start your franchise..

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date

Who ya got ?!

• King James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dwight Howard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

abcs

Who do you want ?!?!

act_lebron_james.jpg
or
act_dwight_howard.jpg

Please give reasons why as well..

I just think its the question, do you want a big, or a guard.
Even though I think Kobe is the best in the game.. He isn't that much better than the other 2 guards in the game. Dwight on the other hand is that much better than all of the other centers.

Dwight on the other hand is that much better than all of the other centers.

Did you see what Yao Ming did to Dwight Howard last season?

Startin a franchise you also have to consider marketability and drawing crowds. King James is a product in himself. Gimme LBJ.

Well, Yao missed the game in Orlando. But in the game that I watched, at Houston, it was just straight abuse. He honestly made Dwight look like a child.

Yao: 37 points, 7 rebounds, 4 blocks
Dwight: 16 points, 12 rebounds, 1 block

To say that he is much better than Yao seems a bit much.

When Yaos big ass decides to average over double digit rebounds .. let me know

:cheers:

Give me James everytime. I don't know why people are so big on Howard. Dude is a beast, but he's overhyped IMO. I'll have to watch him more closely this year, but in 3 years in the league, I have yet to see him develope any offensive game outside of dunking the ball. He wasn't that great in the Fiba games either, he was bigger then everyone else, he should've dominated those games. I honestly don't know how it can 9to8 right now. What has Howard done so far? Gimme James

Seriously, I don't see how a rational argument can be made for taking Dwight Howard over LeBron. Choosing Howard is to say that you are going purely on potential, instead of the reality that we have seen in their careers so far. You just cannot compare what LeBron has been able to do, and what Howard has done in Orlando. Maybe Howard is the next Shaq, I don't know. But at this point in time, there is no argument to be made for turning down LeBron.

Sure Lebron went to the finals. Howard took his team to the playoffs. Howard also led the league in rebounding. Give the kid time on developing an offensive game. Its funny you bash his offense, I still haven't seen Lebron develop even a remotely decent jumpshot. He is by far the worst shooting shooting guard in the league. He makes trenton hassel look like steve kerr. His offense is awful in the type of system they run. He pounds the ball and it just gets stagnant. You saw what the spurs did to him. Not too mention how much better of a defender howard is then the king.

So if Howard makes the playoffs this year as a 4 seed and is first team all nba center and the Cavs miss it, then what? I remember the league was all over wades nuts after he won mvp in the final callin him the best in the league, and he was doin more commercials and talk shows than peyton.
I'm sorry but if you actually watch Lebron out there, its painful.. his game has so many flaws. That Rick Barry article was brilliant because it was so true.

Howard shot 60%+ from the floor last year. So what if they were all dunks. I dont see Shaq shooting pull up jumpers.
Lebron has yet to improve at all from the line or from the 3 pt line. Im sorry but your argument has more holes than a golf course.

are people voting for Howard as a joke or do 9 people on this site honestly believe he's better than LBJ?

Just saying it would be much easier building a team around Howard and finding just a decent 2 guard.. then building a team around lebron with decent bigs.

Just saying it would be much easier building a team around Howard and finding just a decent 2 guard.. then building a team around lebron with decent bigs.
:shake:

And btw, they are both great players. For the Howard side, abcs makes great points. This is not to discount anything Bron has done at all either.

:shake:

And btw, they are both great players. For the Howard side, abcs makes great points. This is not to discount anything Bron has done at all either.

Was waiting for you to chime in. :cheers: Would love to see the GM's polled with this question.

I mean who do you put with Lebron to take them to the next level? Do you put a traditional pg?
I think it would be much easier to build a team with Dwight when he is averaging 20+ / 15 .

Bron.

I'm not sure that Howard will ever develop a sure-thing offensive move (you know, besides the power dunk). He might just have a problem with shooting touch.

People are also forgetting Howard is a year younger as well. Guy is a monster.. 35 and 16..

What do you mean? Which team left with the W?

20 pts 14.4 boards 52% from the floor and oh yea their team is 7 - 2

Howard, top class centers will be extinct within a couple of years, Howard will be gold.

Not that there are many players like LBJ right now (or ever), but I have to say Howard.

I still resent (:D) that you made that LBJ thread I opened about Dwight vs LBJ, as it wasn't supposed to be about that ;).

And you cannot compare players like that. I mean who would you rather start your franchise with, Deron Williams or Tyson Chandler?

That's beyond compare. But I agree with you that Dwight is a beast.

They are the 2 top young players in the game.

Kind of like who has had a better career or a better player Kobe or Duncan..

Its been an amazing season for both guys. Just craziness what these kids are doin

Q. If you could pick one player right now in the NBA to build a team around, who are you going to take?
COACH BROWN: That's a tough one. But you know what, you look back at the years with all the NBA Championships, the number one factor in a lot of those situations was they had a big man on the floor and a quality big man. So I think I would probably have to start with a big guy. You're talking like a Garnett, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Shaq. It's got to be a big guy, because they help to win championships.

Q. If you could pick one player right now in the NBA to build a team around, who are you going to take?
COACH BROWN: That's a tough one. But you know what, you look back at the years with all the NBA Championships, the number one factor in a lot of those situations was they had a big man on the floor and a quality big man. So I think I would probably have to start with a big guy. You're talking like a Garnett, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Shaq. It's got to be a big guy, because they help to win championships.

I'm assuming this is Coach.. Hubie Brown, I agree with his statements, but his record for his career: 13 Seasons NBA W424 L495 .461 Playoff W14 L24 .368

I hate Hubie Brown, and he doesn't exactly know much about NBA Championships, and how to win them.

Back