Yao Ming OUT for the rest of the Playoffs

Yea that is huge. No Dikembe no Yao=Lakers inside dominance. Interested to see what the line shoots too.

Really sorry for Rockets, they deserved to have a shot at it at least. Yao getting injured every season really threatens to ruin his career.

I feel so bad for the big fella. He's gotta be super-depressed about this one. He seemed certain this was nothing.

I dunno if it was just me, but it felt like Yao was playing harder than I'd ever seen him play during these playoffs. I felt during game 3 that there was no way he could keep playing that hard for the whole 48 and stay healthy throughout the series. I really feel bad for the guy. I was just saying that I would take him over dwight, then he gets hurt.

like the over 193.5,, lakers know, no shot blockers for rockets now.. plus houstons pace will differ now that they wont go inside to yao

sux for us!! you guys are right, he was playing harder than ever and was excited he got out of the 1st round. Rockets had a small chance to beat the lakers before, now thats gone. BOL to yao

Yao Ming was upbeat when discussing his latest foot injury, a season-ending hairline fracture on the top of his left foot.
"This time is more like I sprained my ankle and something happened to it," Yao said. "It is a small fracture...At least there is no need for surgery. I’ve been through situations much harder than this." The Rockets expect him to make a full recovery after eight-to-12 weeks of rehab but it seems unlikely that he'll play for China in the Asia Games this August.

Back