Y26's Week #8 of CFB

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
I'll update my record & things later, but i made a bunch of plays earlier today/this evening...so i wanted to get them in a thread now, as the lines will surely continue moving around.

Michigan St (-7) over Northwestern (-102) for 2 units

Virginia Tech (-14) over So Mississippi (-102) for 2 units

Notre Dame (-13.5) over UCLA (-101) for 2 units

Texas (-6) over Nebraska (-104) for 2 units

Wisconsin (-6.5) over Purdue (-106) for 2 units

Georgia Tech (+7) over Clemson (+104) for 2 units

S Carolina (-3.5) over Vanderbilt (+100) for 2 units

Small write-ups will follow soon too. As will more plays, undoubtedly. So far, i really like the way this week looks...not just the above plays.

Good luck w/ your capping.:cheers:

LOve 3 of them Yanks...I mean love now..more and more..should be a good week..watch out for GT..

Well, so far nothing's moved against me for a change. And playing Virginia Tech real early sure payed off with that 3 pt jump today...

Updated #'s
CFB YTD: 45-49-2, -5.62
(38-33-2 on sides, 7-16 on totals...can i still blame the rule changes)
Parlays: 1-1, +.327
Teasers: 0-5, -2.5

Suffice it to say, i'm gonna try to avoid totals and teasers like an ex-gf who's a couple weeks late.

Added a couple more, semi-tails of the forum...

Oregon St (-2.5) over Arizona (-104) for 2 units

Colorado (+13.5) over Oklahoma (-101) for 2 units

AZ is starting their 3rd string QB now. And they were already severely challenged offensively with #1 and #2.

W/out Adrian, the Buff's very good run defense should shine even brighter. And with their own good running game, hopefully control the time of possession...and limit the Sooner passing attack exploiting their secondary, by keeping them on the sidelines.

Few more days, and it's back in the black.:drink:

Yanks - I think you've got a winning card there bro. I like Michigan State...leaning heavily to Texas and Wisky. GL this week. :shake:

keep an eye on this...

No. 10 Notre Dame awaits stumbling UCLABy BETH HARRIS, AP Sports Writer
October 17, 2006

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Playing No. 10 Notre Dame on national television in a midseason game at a stadium steeped in history. Seems like the perfect scenario for a UCLA team looking to re-establish itself nationally.
Maybe not.
http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12i6fft...l.com/s/5/347164315/send_a_friend_hosted.html
b
The Bruins (4-2) head into Saturday's game in South Bend, Ind., coming off a 30-20 loss at No. 16 Oregon, a game that further exposed their lack of offensive punch, foolish penalties and defensive breakdowns that led to Oregon piling up 404 yards.
Both of UCLA's losses have come on the road.
"If we play like we played against Oregon, we will lose again," linebacker Christian Taylor said Monday. "We were definitely looking to make a statement against Oregon and we didn't. We need to go out there and have a big rebound game."
Complicating things for the Bruins this week is a freak injury to backup quarterback Patrick Cowan, who will make his second career start Saturday. He was 16-of-31 for 112 yards, no touchdowns and one interception against the Ducks.
Coach Karl Dorrell said Monday that Cowan got punched in the throat while being sacked, causing him to lose his voice on the final series. Dorrell relied on receivers to shuttle plays to the huddle and communicate them.
On the trip back to Los Angeles, Cowan's throat swelled up and he coughed up blood, Dorrell said.
Cowan was under a doctor's orders not to speak Monday.
So what if Cowan has little or no voice come Saturday in noisy Notre Dame Stadium?
"We're going to have to find a means of communication," Dorrell said.
Dorrell has never been to Notre Dame, and the game is one the Bruins and their fans have been anticipating since before the season began.
"It's an important game," he said. "I've been treating this game like a Pac-10 game. You want to compete against the best people. (The game) is to get us to achieve something that hasn't happened before."
That would be a victory.
The Bruins and Fighting Irish (5-1) are meeting for the first time in 42 years, with Notre Dame having won both previous games -- 27-12 in 1963 and 24-0 the following season.
UCLA offensive line coach Jim Colletto, who coached at Purdue and was a Notre Dame assistant, played fullback for the Bruins in both losses. He has filled Dorrell in on the South Bend experience.
Saturday's game is another in a tough stretch for the Bruins. After Notre Dame come Washington State and 11th-ranked California, which could leave UCLA hard-pressed to reach the six wins needed to earn a bowl berth.
"By no means have we given up on the season," said Taylor, who had nine tackles against the Ducks. "I think it (the Oregon loss) brought us closer together. We have a lot of fighters on this team." The Bruins will be without tight end Ryan Moya, who broke his leg against Oregon and will probably be sidelined for the rest of the season.

Local radio's reporting that Cowan (the 2nd string Bruin QB) is 50/50 for Saturday against ND.
He still can't speak, from that hit to the throat, and they're hesitant to bring in plays from the sideline w/ receivers, etc.
Anyways, they're reporting that if he can't call the plays...let alone speak...that the 3rd string QB (a redshirt freshman) will start.

Worth keeping an eye on, because if Cowan indeed can't go this Saturday...there'll be a Virginia Tech-like 3 point jump, at least, as soon as this becomes official.
But like i said, local sports radio calling it a 50/50 shot as of today.

looks like I am agianst you on most. I am pulling for GT though. I like the wisconsin pick but I cant shake the feeling it is a trap game and will end up like 38-34. By the numbers its a great bet but good luck

It's hard to get a read on what will happen in the Col/Okla game, Yanks. I took the UNDER 40 in a game where I think the defenses will outshine the offenses. I hope the Sooners win, but the points look good anyway . . . .

LOL, Indy. Personally, i don't wanna be on either side of the cocks.

Know what you mean, RSMS. The #'s are there...except to the reverse line movement, that is.

Yeah, Den...think the under's a good play. I've been so poor w/ totals this year that i'm just to gun-shy there.
My only concern is the Buffs secondary...but i hope you're right about both defenses outshining the offenses.

four more, por favor

Some more additions...needed a few more doggies added to the mix.

Texas Tech (-2.5) over Iowa St (+100) for 2 units

Iowa (+13) over Michigan (-102) for 2 units

Colorado St (+3.5) over Wyoming (-102) for 2 units

NC State (+2.5) over Maryland (+102) for 2 units

Still really like Saturday's slate of games. Realized though that i'm way over-loaded on road teams, so hopefully that won't turn around and bite me in the ass.

Nothing more to add on AZ's QB situation...same story there, w/ the 3rd stringer starting. Also, no new updates on the UCLA QB situation. I'll keep listening though, to see when/if they confirm #2 or #3 will start against ND.

Vaya con dios, compadres :drink:

and the last addition...

Tulsa (-14) over Memphis (+100) for 2 units

the saturday card is complete...and i'm off to bed.

BOL on Saturday, compadres. :drink:

Vaya con dios

Sparty On!

LOL

Dayum good looking card. I think you roll this week despite the concerns on road teams

Back