XPEL 375 Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
How to Bet the 2022 XPEL 375

NTT IndyCar Series: XPEL 375
Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 12:30 p.m. ET (NBC) at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas

Times

To be clear, the 12:30 p.m. ET time listed above is for the official start time of the race.

But the actual race is not the most important thing that bettors will need to keep track of.

In order to produce the best chance of profiting from this event, drivers will also want to see or at least be aware of the events that precede the main event.

There will be two practice sessions for this race: the first one takes place on Saturday, the day before the race, at 10 a.m. ET.

The second practice session takes place six hours later on the same day.

However, in between the two practice sessions, the qualifier will take place at 1 p.m.

These three events -- the two practice sessions plus the qualifier -- will each last 60 minutes.

Race Info

This event requires drivers to complete 248 laps.

The total distance that they will have accumulated is 357.12 miles.

As for the participants of this race, you can expect the big names to be there.

Jimmie Johnson is an interesting name. He is well-known to NASCAR fans.

In his career, he won several times at the Texas Motor Speedway. However, he won those races as a NASCAR driver.

One can't simply expect his success as a NASCAR driver to translate to his success as an IndyCar competitor because the circumstances change completely. The two sports are very different.

For starters, of course, the cars are different. As a consequence, both sports place different levels and kinds of emphasis on driver ability.

This will be Jimmie Johnson's first attempt at competing on an oval track as an IndyCar competitor.

One should not risk money on him because his lack of experience in what is a very new scene for him makes him an unreliable option.

There are more reliable drivers competing in this race, as the posted entry list indicates.

The usual IndyCar suspects will compete: Scott Dixon in his Honda and Josef Newgarden in his Chevrolet will both be there among others.

The Track

The Texas Motor Speedway underwent repavement in 2017 where it was also redesigned.

Turns 1 and 2 are banked at 20 degrees while Turns 3 and 4 are banked at 24 degrees.

This is a relatively strong level of banking.

History

I often like to account for driver form when considering how a particular race will unfold.

However, only one race has been run this season and it took place back in February multiple weeks ago.

But form is only one thing that we can look at.

Driver history is arguably the most important factor to consider.

Variables change from race to race and from year to year at a specific track.

When we see drivers repeatedly succeed at a certain track, it means that there is a constant among the changing variables.

The one driver who stands out for repeatedly thriving at this track, despite the changing variables, is none other than Scott Dixon.

Dixon won both in 2018 and 2020.

He is, for good reason, a well-known competitor in the IndyCar scene, more so than Jimmie Johnson among others.

His history of success at this track makes him a reliable option to invest in and, in my view, the. most reasonable candidate.

Best Bet: Scott Dixon to Win (Odds TBA)

Please nobody tail this. I won't bet it. I told my bosses to please never assign me IndyCar again lol.

Betting Dixon is never a bad play. He’s won 16% of all the Indycar races he’s ever started. Pretty damn stout. It’s just hard to catch a good number on him. Mid Ohio is an automatic play on him as soon as they’re released, no matter the number

When you doing F1? Love the indy car stuff, this track is dangerous AF which makes it an incredible watch regardless.

Back