WYO vs GST in the why does this exist bowl?

Smokeshow99

Pretty much a regular
A popular fact floating around is the Georgia St. QB has a torn acl. I assume the books can read and have adjusted the line accordingly. Wyoming seems to be a Midwest team aka run and stop it. They have a freshman qb with no starts playing.

Any value in the current line on either side Wyo -7? I would assume the inexperience might cancel the torn acl out on the other side?

This was a tough game personally to cap. I still have no idea... looking fwd to some good info in here.
Yea. I'm torn on the game. The Wyoming qb Williams first start as a freshman. Played in 2 games in late Nov. The Geo St. qb is playing on the torn ACL.

G St QB Ellington played 3 games with the torn acl. App St, S.Alabama & Geo Southern. Got blown out by App & G.S., had negative rush yards. S.A. he had 3att for 12 yds and won.

I'm leaning Wyoming and that defense. I know nothing about the new qb. If Wyoming can get ahead, good chance Geo St. Packs it up like Iowa St. did.

Yea. I'm torn on the game. The Wyoming qb Williams first start as a freshman. Played in 2 games in late Nov. The Geo St. qb is playing on the torn ACL.

G St QB Ellington played 3 games with the torn acl. App St, S.Alabama & Geo Southern. Got blown out by App & G.S., had negative rush yards. S.A. he had 3att for 12 yds and won.

I'm leaning Wyoming and that defense. I know nothing about the new qb. If Wyoming can get ahead, good chance Geo St. Packs it up like Iowa St. did.
Gonna do some late night capping...

Thx for the info.

Georgia State defense is 110th in total defense.

Against bowl teams Ga state has given up:

30 Tennessee
57 W Michigan
38 Ark State
56 App St
38 Ga Southern

Does Wyoming’s QB really make much of a difference in the type of game they want to play? If they can’t run or are forced into a shootout they would probably be in trouble no matter who is taking snaps.

The freshmen is a athlete/banger sort of player. For a team that didn't put up a lot of points before this I don't see it as a downgrade. I think they're very high on him.

Wyoming will make you one dimensional. So you need to be able to pass and pass well to beat them.

Does Wyoming’s QB really make much of a difference in the type of game they want to play? If they can’t run or are forced into a shootout they would probably be in trouble no matter who is taking snaps.

Somewhat. If Georgia St can take away the run, not bloody likely, I'd like to know that the guy can still move the ball considering the -7.

I still lean Wyoming. By what I saw stat-wise in those 3 other games G.ST's QB wants to run and is not the same guy with the torn acl. If G.ST becomes one-dimensional passing or gets behind early, watch out. That being said, just a lean, Wyoming QB is still a wildcard.

This sets up as a major problem for Ga State because their MO is running the ball and Wyoming has a great run defense. Also, Ga State has been gashed on the ground this year, but in their defense, they've played some really good rushing offenses (Appy, GA Southern, Army, Western Michigan). Wyoming runs it well, so you'd see trouble looming there, but a major facet of their run offense was QB Sean Chambers. He scored the lion's share of their TDs on the ground but he's out for the year and they haven't run it anywhere close to as well since he's been out. Gun to my head I'd lay it with Wyoming, but without Chambers I don't want to lay 7.

This sets up as a major problem for Ga State because their MO is running the ball and Wyoming has a great run defense. Also, Ga State has been gashed on the ground this year, but in their defense, they've played some really good rushing offenses (Appy, GA Southern, Army, Western Michigan). Wyoming runs it well, so you'd see trouble looming there, but a major facet of their run offense was QB Sean Chambers. He scored the lion's share of their TDs on the ground but he's out for the year and they haven't run it anywhere close to as well since he's been out. Gun to my head I'd lay it with Wyoming, but without Chambers I don't want to lay 7.

I agree. I think the number is right and with the unknowns, just a lean. Public should push Wyoming off -7 and up because of the torn ACL news.

Back