WVU @ Maryland

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
NCAA YTD 7-5 58%

Just remember that Maryland brings back every starter except 4 if I'm not mistaken. They havent played to their capabilities yet and I think that they give a much better effort tonight at home. After capping this game I'm coming up with a WVU - 10 spread so 16 1/2 points seems a little steep here. Maryland also has a pretty good passing offense so I'm looking at a high scoring game too. Maybe 80 points or better?

Maryland + 16 1/2
OVER 65

Good Luck Players :cheers:

Shark-Of course I love the Maryland wager! I noticed the line is shifting to the Under though 63.5-63 and some books! I am hoping for 18. Monitoring it closely. NewBodog has it at 17.

I am lifelong Maryland fan and attend all games, WVU is going to shred the UM defense that lost their key player when he left school early (Wesley Jefferson). I am hoping Um can match WVU's points and I think over is the play although it is dropping by the minute. The problem is if WVU gets ahead they will gamble on defense and you can get a bad beat on turnovers (check the Marshall game)! In the end I would wait for the total to keep dropping and bet the over ( I think the reason the total is dropping because oddsmakers think UM's gameplan is too run the ball and kill the clock, but of course that goes out the window if they fall behind).

I think this will be closer than you think: 1) Playing at College Park, not West Va. 2) BIIIGGrivalry game. 3)I would be shocked if the Terps lost by more than 14. 4) Terp fans will be pumped, players will be. My pred. Mountaineers-34 Terps-30.

dude maryalnd sux.. they struggled early in last weeks game against a shitty ass Florida Intl... remember Slaton was supposed to go there and they said fuck him.. he always plays this team well ... last year he was even a little hurt if I remmeber... i think pat whites wrist is banged up from last week someone said that i know from WVU.. either way i think WVU pulls away late would much rather have -16 if i could get it

When has Steve Slaton ever played with passion?

I'll give you time to think about this

Oh wait, never.

I don't care about struggling early! I look at the final score. Football can change on a dime.

dude maryalnd sux.. they struggled early in last weeks game against a shitty ass Florida Intl...

And what makes you think FIU is that shitty this year? Remeber, FIU and USF, and FAU are gobbling up super talent that is not making it into UF or FSU for reasons other than sports.

slaton has never played with passion b/c thats not his MO, his MO is run all over everyone has faces. And he has done that exceptionally well. I think slaton will get about 150 on the ground.

Lets not forget about Devine, who has big play ability like slaton. Also, pat white should be considered a legitimate passing threat as he showed in teh 1st half of last weeks game that he can still move the offense without slaton putting up video game like numbers.

Renaud has also emerged as a legitimate WR.

Thing that scares me about this game (i'll be taking WVU 1st half -9.5) is that Maryland played sooo bad last weekend it signifies that they are looking ahead to this week's matchup.

GL on the play tonight shark. Im laying off but should be a great game to watch

My book is offering WVU's total points at -40.5. I'm thinking the safe pick in this game might be the Mountaineers to score more than 40, even if the Terps get a few TDs to make the spread tight, I like Slaton, and then Devine, to come in and put up points on a bad Maryland defense. GL to all

How does gaining only 270 total yards, and 14 1st downs against a team team like Florida International not scare you?

I'll admit, their D did shutdown 1-AA Villanova and their 1st year QB, and they did shut down that FL Int. O that averaged 230 yds per game last year.

I just have yet to see a valid argument as to how The Terps will score enough to cover, and prevent WVU from scoring enough to cover.

I just have yet to see a valid argument as to how The Terps will score enough to cover, and prevent WVU from scoring enough to cover.

I agree, hoop. I know the rule about betting against a double-digit dog on Thurs. night football on ESPN, but I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that the Terps had to punt 10 times against FIU? That tells me Maryland has little or no offense. The only way they keep this game within the number is if they are able to score, because you know WVU will score. They are too explosive not to. I think everyone will agree they didn’t play a very good game against Marshall, and they still put up 500+ total yards and 48 points. Is Maryland going to be able to keep up?

I don’t know. I’m not saying WVU is the right side, but I think it’s the only side if your going to bet this game at all, which is probably what I’ll end up doing.

I thought I saw a stat, too, that WVU is 9-2-1 ATS on the road under Rodriquez. That’s pretty good.

Let me just say that WVU"s defense is suspect. On the other hand, Maryland has a history of playing to the level of their competition, hence their poor performance against FIU. This is a revenge game for Maryland. I am still of the opinion that 16 1/2 is still too many points for this match.

Food for thought:

In their last 10 meetings in the series, the home team is 7-3 ATS.
In their last 5 meetings in their series, WVU is 1-4 ATS in Maryland

Back