WTF Was With the Safety at end of Tenn Mia?

lvmike32

Pretty much a regular
Can some explain. Never seen an NFL rule that gives the ball to a team at the opponents 10. I had tenn 3q so no biggie.

So tenn got safety.
Mia pi
Punts from their 20.
I guess the ball didn't land in the proper zone?
So tenn get the ball at spot with 10 yard penalty so they take over at mia 10?

That just seems so weird to me. Also this new kick off process is the biggest dude ever. Just cancel it and give ball at 30. No injuries which is what they want.

Can some explain. Never seen an NFL rule that gives the ball to a team at the opponents 10. I had tenn 3q so no biggie.

So tenn got safety.
Mia pi
Punts from their 20.
I guess the ball didn't land in the proper zone?
So tenn get the ball at spot with 10 yard penalty so they take over at mia 10?

That just seems so weird to me. Also this new kick off process is the biggest dude ever. Just cancel it and give ball at 30. No injuries which is what they want.
I like the new kickoff, didn't think I would but it actually promotes returns again at times (it will more when it gets cold and just booting it into the EZ isn't an option) but that was weird. Thing is they announced that they were going for an onside kick and that changes the zone...I believe. It's really good for strategists out there but it takes understanding it first. Which I don't.

I like the new kickoff, didn't think I would but it actually promotes returns again at times (it will more when it gets cold and just booting it into the EZ isn't an option) but that was weird. Thing is they announced that they were going for an onside kick and that changes the zone...I believe. It's really good for strategists out there but it takes understanding it first. Which I don't.

Not even the players and coaches seem to understand it fully. Titans returners were waving to let the kick bounce while the coach was screaming at them to fair catch it.

Yeah weird. Even the ref on the telecast didn't seem to want anything to do with it. Declaring onsides probably part of it. Just seems way too punitive to give ball to team at opponents 10.

What about the late Safety in Detroit?

How does that get overturned? The ball was out of the EZ.

(Fwiw, an ATROCIOUS coaching decision there).

What about the late Safety in Detroit?

How does that get overturned? The ball was out of the EZ.

(Fwiw, an ATROCIOUS coaching decision there).
It was explained correctly. It was out but brought back in before he was down.

It does make me think about when guys reach for the first down, if they bring it back behind the line before being called OOB it shouldn't be a first. Forward progress only matters if the defense stops the ball from going back which is never the case in that situation.

It was explained correctly. It was out but brought back in before he was down.

It does make me think about when guys reach for the first down, if they bring it back behind the line before being called OOB it shouldn't be a first. Forward progress only matters if the defense stops the ball from going back which is never the case in that situation.
That's what we were thinking in the stands -- like a 1st down

Reactions: KJ
Back