Wtf I'm gonna do about the Celtics

Wikeman

A Winner in Life
I am still shell shocked after my Lakers got slapped around at Staples.

Never would I have guessed that BOS would win by 19 points @ Staples, playing on 4/5 the day after beating UTA in SLC. I had Lakers winning that by 5 or more.

Lost a bunch on that game, needless to say :whip:

Nor would I have guessed that BOS would go 4-0 on their west trip.

I'm gonna have a problem with fading this team in any spot the rest of the season. Guess that means riding them.

gettin some 2-1 to win the eastern conference should be some nice hedging material in a few months.

ehh 4 - 0 on the west coast trip is misleading. Considering they beat the queens and the sonics

Yeah, that was a nice win at Staples no doubt but this Lker team is still not at an elite level. I think they can be a top 4 in West but its the name recognition and hot streak that led to them being favored. Utah is a very bad defensive team that also is psorting a .500 record. So, when you think about it, it was a trip where they took care of business. Thats all. Once they pull a Texas Triangle off like that then we have somwething to look at.

hmm... tough to get respect i guess. doesn't sound like anyone is impressed. Keep looking for ways to justify them winning...

I mean 26 - 3 is 26 - 3 . They did lose to the stons which was a huge game. Im interested in 2 other games them vs the spurs and vs the suns.. Win those and we'll talk

hmm... tough to get respect i guess. doesn't sound like anyone is impressed. Keep looking for ways to justify them winning...
They did what they were supposed to do if they want to be an elite team. They swept the trip. The competition wasn't as highly regardded as ESPN may make it out to be.

The C's are now a top 3 defensive team in the league with SA and DET. KG can totally change the makeup of teams. I remember telling brewer that KG's biggest contribution would be on defense and he said it didn't matter because everyone else sucks on defense for Boston. Said Paul Pierce would get torched. Lo and behold, look at them now.

Boston and Detroit have beastn up on a lot of garbage but both have dealt with scheduling issues as well.

I do expect Boston to win at Detroit Saturday night. Bad spot for Detroit and I just feel it will be a see-saw season series. I prolly won't bet it though. We'll see.

You sound like the cowboys fans (tru). Win a playoff game before we start hearing about how great the team is. We saw last year what the best record in the league can get ya.

Yeah, that was a nice win at Staples no doubt but this Lker team is still not at an elite level. I think they can be a top 4 in West but its the name recognition and hot streak that led to them being favored. Utah is a very bad defensive team that also is psorting a .500 record. So, when you think about it, it was a trip where they took care of business. Thats all. Once they pull a Texas Triangle off like that then we have somwething to look at.
Texas triangle isn't what it used to be. Houston and Dallas are fade material. Houston's McGrady should get eyelid surgery so he can better see where the hoop is, you have no right to be a ball hog if your FG% is 35. Dallas is still a broken team psychologically after GSW rolled them in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Love watching the Celts play and being from NE, I get every game. I am not a fan (Spurs) but they are now going to be a very good team because of the D BAR alluded to. To win in BBall in the playoffs, it's defense (Spurs and Detroit the 2 best right now) and look what they have done in the last 10 years!!! Teams like the Suns and Warriors most likely will never win with the styles they play. Boston is headed in the right direction. I still feel they are the second best in the East until they beat the Stones. Regular Season means nothing. Let's see how they do in the playoffs:tiphat:

whats interesting about the upcoming game between Detroit & Boston is, if Boston beats the TMacless Rocks & Memphis (as they should), they'd bring in an 8 game win streak to that @DET fixture.

Celts have lost after 1 x 8-win and 1 x 9-win streak already this season.

I have to say I'm impressed. You can't have a 26-3 record and not get respect. They did get a lighter schedule for a part of it, but these last few wins...wow.

This is still far from a championship team or anything, the season is very long and they could (have) peak(ed) too early...you never know.

I know who one of those losses are against......get Lebron a fucking good point guard and they will be one of the few teams with a legitimate shot of beating them in a 7 game series

Back