wta Stuttgart/Tokyo/Tashkent

Songo

Pretty much a regular
( 06' season record: -29.86 units )
07' season record: + 4.61 units
last week: +3.1 units

Stuttgart Grand Prix winner: Serena Williams @5.3 (betfair) 1 unit

Serena is coming (like in all events where she appears) very seriously into this tourney. First round's result is the best prove of it. The bottom half of the draw's tree is weaker than the top.Only three players here in my eyes have some chances to stop Ree - Ivanovic/Schnyder and Kuznetsova. Patty is a tougher player for Ree between both, but she can lose against Ana yet. Ana can be too much relaxed after taking the title last week. Sveta is not playing so smart tennis and she won't win against Ree using only her power, because Ree has simply more power. I see Ree winning this half of the draw, but it might be tougher than I expect. And I'll be probably hedging this play in the final, when Ree will be playing against Henin/Jankovic.

If it would happen that Agnieszka would won with Sveta, so yeah, I'll be playing my girl over Ree for the extra high odds :) She was playing amazing tennis today in the two final sets.

Krajicek over A.Bondarenko @1.83 (betfair) 1.5 units

Although Misa lost to Kremer last week in a bad match, she's in solid form lately. Her frustration because of some stupid errors ate her alive. But that's not news about her. Anyway I expect she''ll be trying to keep her nerves frozen during the match. She has the better serve and much more solid game at the net than her opponent. She already beats Alona two times in straights, and I don't see something will change today.

Ivanovic not to win 2-0 @2.02 (betfair) 1.5 unit

An odds on Ana to win over Patty are ridiculous. I agree she should be the fave here, but not as big as these odds suggested. Although Patty lost the last two matches against Ana, she knows well how to beat her. Patty has no so much power in her shots, and that's why she usually has problems against hard-hitters. But she's still more experienced than Ana, and she won't allow to control all the points today. I think also these slower surface might be helpful for Patty, cuz Ana will have less chances to end the rallies quickly. As I mentioned in other post, I also "have the hope" that Ana is coming into this tourney too relaxed to play on a high level from the first round.

think thats all for today, gl

no plays neither on Lucie nor on Agi.... Daniela's been playing amazing tennis, hard to play against her... +4hc on Agi is too low, Sveta has more power than Bartoli, but wouldn't be surprised if Agi even won....

also not sure if I used correctly that "neither/nor" phrase above... could somebody tell me? lol

lol Songo, you used it correctly, at least, I understood what you were talking about. I believe you have a nice bet here against Ivanovic. Patty is a very capable player and definitely have the potential to at least take a set from Ivanovic. GL

small play now, no time for deeper analysis.... might be back with another play later...

Krajicek +3,5 games over Petrova @1.85 (fonbet) 1 unit

Misa should gained a lot confidence, she already won 4 matches in a row in straights.... and Nadia has been really shaky as of late.... I do not care that she's defending title, from what I've seen she has still no confidence with her shots at all

Hantuchova over Dementieva @2.16 (betfair) 1 unit

This is unfair doing Lena as a fave here, she beats Mauresmo yesterday, but that doesn't mean that was match on a high level. Just solid perfonmance by Lena. Daniela has been playing too well as of late and she doesn't deserve to be a dog against Lena, who's still not so consistent in the field

.tough luck on Misha..looks likepetrova is back on track again..i was surpriset 2 to see Daniela as a dog here..but i didn't watch Demis match against shemale so i don't know what to think here(if demi wasn't good in the field she didn't serveout Momo did she?)..otherwise Hantuchova should be a favorite in this match..bol

Hantcuhova is playing great tennis. Momo hasn't played many matches at all and I wasn't surprized to see Dem take her out. I think I will take a shot on Daniela here as well. I couldn't decide earlier in the day and their h2h past scared me off it, but looking at the odds Dem had against Momo tells me the oddsmakers don't particularly like her chances to prevail very far in the tournament. GL to us both.

I lost my 3 last plays, hopefully with that play I'll break my losing streak:

Jankovic over Petrova @1.61 (bet365) 2 units

The biggest play for me this week so far. I love the way how JJ was playing in last two sets against Shahar. Let's see:

- JJ is serving not so well, but as well Nadia is not so good returner;
- Nadia's serving very well, but she has to keep this good serve for all the match, cuz JJ is a great returner and that will be never easy for Nadia to play the rallies after JJ's sharp return. This time I can't see Nadia winning about 50% pts from the sec serve, as it was in the prev matches;
- no advantage for anyone at the net I think;
- who's more consistent in the long rallies? There's no doubt here that JJ. Nadia just can't play long rallies against JJ as she will lose most of them. The best option for her is end the rally with a big shot. These surface is a slower hard court, so another advantage for JJ here;
- JJ is looking better for the space and she'll make a running day for Nadia tmrw.

gl

Back