Wta Pacific Life Open

Songo

Pretty much a regular
06' season record: -29.86 units
07' season record: -9.38 units
last played week: -1.4 units

I had a busy day with my basket team, anyway i find the late match i like to bet on:

Anna Chakvetadze to win 2-0@ 1.71 (betfair) 1 unit

Anna plays with a lot of confidence now, and sometimes she's near to perfect at the baseline. You can add to her game a decent serve, and more confidence we she has to run to the net. I dont like handicap here, cuz Kiki can serve well, but Kiki is also too inconsistence with her shots now, so I dont think she's able to take a set against Anna.

gl all

thanks Fondy.

First time I've seen the card I thought it can be a nice day for the underdogs but, after some analisys, I decide to skip them all
confused.gif

Bammer over Peng@1.9 (betfair) 1 unit

I have the eyes little deeper on Sybille this year, I saw her 3 matches this year, and I Iiked watching her game. Today I see the advantage with her good serving, and a solid play from the baseline. Shuai can hit the balls very hard, but I think Sybille are running enough well and can play against Shuai long battles. She has the better serve than Shuai, thats for sure. Last time Sybille defeats her in straights, and I see this time nothing will change.

thanks Scourge, why did you stop postin yo plays?:shake:

I'm getting thrown off by the Round robin format a little so I've decided to keep it quite until the NCaa tourney is over so I can focus 100% on the summer ATP.

I'll get back into the tempo after a while. I'm actually watching this Nalby/PHM match. I have Nalby pretty heavy at -190 so I'm hoping he can hold on.:cheers:

Scourge-

PHM is a loon. Biggest nut-job on the ATP, and there are MANY.

I think your bet on Nalby is gold.

no doubt:cheers:

did you see the 3rd set? PHM just straight quit. Nalby was rocking his backhand with some vicious hits. He just demoralized phm.

When PHM is a fave, it's the best bet in the world to fade him. He's a lot tougher as a dog.

Hey, man, do you remember much a match last year in Monte Carlo.....PHM vs Willie Coria? PHM was up 5-1 in second set serving for match, and he lost. I remember cause I had him moneyline and gameline. Thank God he covered the gameline, but his ML that day was like +260.

PHM is a head-case nut-job who can and will melt down at any time.

Zvonareva +4,5 over Sharapova@ 1.8 (fonbet) 1.5 units

Well, im little more confident about that play than about the others. First of all, Maria is not playin at her normal level now - she had an injury break one month, and now she's back on usa hard courts. I had no chance to see her matches in the previous rounds, but it looks that nothing has changed - she's back and she's strugglin a little to feel the courts. But she always finds a way to win, because of her big fightin spirit. Today's next opponent - Bepa, is another big challenge for Maria. Crybaby is an in-form player since the beginning of this year. She improved her game in a different aspects. The important fact is that she's moving better on the court, and this allows her to gives a lot more balls back to the opponent.
Now, when we wants to back Vera, we always have to think twice till we'll put a bet. And thats because of her behaviour and her feelings. Well, I personally think that Vera knows she can beat Maria today. All their matches were really close, and Maria usually won, because she's mentally tougher than Bepa.
I expect at least the similar close result, where Screamerova win the most important points/games, but I would love to see an upset here.

good luck all
Peace_5.gif

I took 2 days off, as I didnt feel those quarters matches too much. Anyway I dont regret I did not bet anything, and Im quite happy about the way I choosing the plays this two weeks.

on today:

Hantuchova over Li@ 1.84 (betfair) 1.5 units

I believe this is not a surprise for most of you Im backing Daniela here. I have faith in her now that she's back to her good level of playing as she used to us in 02' year.
Na Li is in good form, but I disagree with some people that she's in form of her life. Its an overeaction due to the fact that shes the first time in 1/2 Tier I semifinal. I've been seeing the same play by her before. Now, there is one fact about her that I dont like: she lost a set to Pratt pretty easy: 1-6. Dont know what happened there, but I imagine it was caused by her unforced errors. Well, it was the same against Zvonareva. Its not that Vera began to play better in the second set, but its about Na's UE's. Vera to break her didnt have to do too much, but wait for Na to make a mistake.
- Na Li can serve enough well, but I like when Daniela is able to make an open game by rather easy return, and today I expect she wont have too much problems with return Na's serve.
- Na can make a killer shots, but so Daniela, and Daniela doesnt make as much UE's
- In those days I see Daniela is mentally a giant on court. This is the main fact Im backing her today. On the other side - Na can keep nerves, but also happens that she isnt focused during the all match.
- Danka won the second time in a row over Hingis, what was a big surprise for most, and then won over Shahar, when no-one expected that. This makes a huge confidence for her.

sorry about my write-up mess, wish best of luck to all

Back