wta Luxembourg/Seul/Guangzhou

Songo

Pretty much a regular
( 06' season record: -29.86 units )
07' season record: + 1.51
US Open: -4.14 units

Goerges +5.5 games over Zvonareva @2 (fonbet) 1 unit

Julia's very promising player in my eyes. She comes from qualies, beating Rezai in first round. Vera will be always a mess with her nerves, and can easy lose her mind during the game. Julia with her fighting spirit can frustrate Vera today. This should be close one.

thanks Dymonite and Gpcyan

Korea Open - Winner: Venus Williams @1.65 (betfair) 2 units

I'm little late with this play, but still see the value here. Venus comes freshy and very confident to Seul, while her biggest opponents arrived here with a title in the hands. Yeah, I'm talking about Kirilenko and Szavay, two the hottest players in this draw. I struggled to find any other player who could stop Venus from taking the title. Top half of the draw looks quite easy for her: Tanasugarn, then probably Bremond, and to make the final: Pennetta (though im not even sure about Flavia). Bottom half looks stronger, and although Kiki and Agnes will not be so focused this week, it seems one of them will make the final. But we talking about Venus here, who's way more experienced player than those both together taken....lol. I'll be hedging this play in the final, if bookmakers will set Venus as a heavy fave. But only not to lose my money. GL

Her draw is a cakewalk in this tourney. If I had a chance to place a future on her I would be on it as well. I see a Kirilenko/Williams final.

From both Asian tourneys the only match which interesting me to bet on is Daniilidou over Rolle. Danii has finallly gained all what she needed: good serve,solid game from baseline and her confidence's back. What's morewe shouldn't worry about her motivation in this tourny. But these low odds are good only for a parlay, and im strugglin to find another one game.

I'll back tomorrow with some Luxembourg plays...

Nice pick Songo, hope you threw a little change on it - even at the large price. I remember Daniilidou having trouble with her service games the last couple months, but I guess she has corrected that nicely. Looking forward to your thoughts on tomorrow.

gl songo. me, you, and gpcyan are the 3 amigos of tennis. we now have no reason to lose any money in 2008 ;)

on today, not too much time's left:

Bammer over Bartoli @1.85 (betfair) 1 unit

I expect Bam Bam should prevail in this fast conditions. Little stronger/better serve, and more offensive game. This surface suits very well for Sybille's game, and I rate her as a better indoor player than Marion. Should be close one... gl

Thanks for the info on the Golovin match Songo. I might actually hedge out a unit since the lines have moved so much in my favor I'll be getting positive vig. I know Schiavone made the finals here last year but I just don't see her getting past Tati who is just playing too well imo. Although a 3 setter is very possible.

GL with the play.

took that bet some minutes ago:

Fortis Champs - Winner: Ivanovic @1.7 (betfair) 2 units

reasons will come later..

well said Precise, thanks :shake:

should have wait for the match over, and catched the better odds (now @1.8 available)...

I have to admit here, that was quick decision by me, and not sure if I choosed wisely. Anyway I'll try to defend my play ;)
I wasn't so sure if Ana is enough prepared for this turney, but today's match against Tatiana blew away my doubts. An odds suggested Ana as a favourite to win a title now, and I agree with that. I can't say Ana is an experienced player yet, but she's one of the players who's been improving the game style. Next thing I like choosing her as an outright winner here, is that the surface suits her very well. Of course I can't disagree that other three players also like these courts. But every of each players lacks of some things. Vera is solid, but too defensive, has less power than Ana, and has a brain-falls. Marion's return superb and plays a free errors game, but she'll pay for her bad movement earlier or later. Danka can play great, but not for all the match, she was never a consistent player.
The last, and the most important thing I like, is that: if everyone gives 100% in the finals' matches, I would say Ana gives 110%, and I talk about focus and the spirit of fight :) Lets see what will happen...

aide Ana! ;)

the last play for me this week:

Ivanovic not to win 2-0 @1.93 (betfair) 1.5 units

As much I like Ana's game, I don't think this will be one side match. Daniela's also playing very good tennis lately.
If Ana will win 2-0, thats ok, I have her to win a title. But of course the best option for me would be if she'd won 2-1 - in this case I'll take the profit from both of plays.

Nice hits on Ivanovic and Williams. I don't think Williams was ever in doubt.

Let's continue the good karma this week at Stuttgart, JPN and UZB.

Back