WRESTLEMANIA 39 AKA SUPER BOWL 57 INVESTMENTS + predictions

DOUBLEUP4LIFE

Pretty much a regular
Best of blessings, and luck to everyone here at CTG !!!
Sweep your Super Sunday slate $$$

Thank you in advance for reading my rambling that follows .

Strongly believe this is the best SB matchup in a long time, featuring the 2 beat teams in the league ( Especially if the Refs help the Chiefs again) ....
If the Refs don't help the Chiefs the Eagles should soar to at least a 2 score win IMO ...The Eagles very well might be the most complete team in last decade..

Below are my 3 scenarios

1. The Refs don't help the Chiefs by allowing them to hold on key offensive drives , while also flagging the Eagles for questionable penalties , and maybe another DO OVER , LOL
= Eagles win by 2 + scores in a game that goes way under the total .....
Final score EAGLES by 14-20+ points

2 The Refs help the Chiefs and they win in a made for TV all time classic thriller ....Mahomes leads them down the field in the final minutes ....
FINAL SCORE CHIEFS 29 EAGLES 27.
Made $1770 on Chiefs live betting vs the Bengals last week once it became obvious that the Refs were going to help KC in 4th quarter ( does not count here bc it was not posted ) ...Hopefully I don't have to try and hedge Sunday ..

3. The Refs do their part to keep the game close for the best TV ratings possible ( $100 Billion currenr deal ) ....
Eagles Win by 1-6 points...

Never forget the NFL is legally a sports entertainment business, and NOT a contested sport ...

Or SCENARIO #4
Where I'm completely wrong about the Super Bowl, and the NFL across the board ...The Chiefs are just flat out the better team...

EAGLES ML -121
To WIN 10 units ( $2000)

Props to follow

Last edited:
GAINWELL

OVER 19.5 RUSH Y -106
6 UNITS

Largest single game player prop investment this season

Has gone over 3 straight with 35/112/48 ., on 5/12/15 carries ..

My favorite player prop on the board ..

Last edited:
Never forget the NFL is legally a sports entertainment business, and NOT a contested sport ...

Where does this come from? I remember seeing “Uber facts” tweeting something like this before, but there doesn’t seem to be anything that backs that up. (They’ve also since deleted the tweet.

Outside of the normal “games are fixed” because the officiating is horrible (it is, absolutely), this seems more like the “you eat 8 spiders a year” thought experiment from many years back.

It’s fun to discuss I guess, but it just isn’t reality.

Where does this come from? I remember seeing “Uber facts” tweeting something like this before, but there doesn’t seem to be anything that backs that up. (They’ve also since deleted the tweet.

Outside of the normal “games are fixed” because the officiating is horrible (it is, absolutely), this seems more like the “you eat 8 spiders a year” thought experiment from many years back.

It’s fun to discuss I guess, but it just isn’t reality.

I don't think it's fixed or scripted, just believe that in *some games the refs manage the play to keep it close, and or attempt to help a side in the 4th if they need it ( Chiefs in Afc championship ) ....

Can't believe they allow us to watch the fishy calls and non calls on all 22 ....

The NFL is the same as the WWE , sports entertainment and not a contested sport ...

I don't think it's fixed or scripted, just believe that in *some games the refs manage the play to keep it close, and or attempt to help a side in the 4th if they need it ( Chiefs in Afc championship ) ....

Can't believe they allow us to watch the fishy calls and non calls on all 22 ....

The NFL is the same as the WWE , sports entertainment and not a contested sport ...

I’m not disagreeing with any of that about specific games/calls/officials. A LOT of that can be explained away as both human nature and just officials bad at their jobs.

I was only referring to the NFL being a “sport entertainment business” and not a sport. That’s not a real thing.

It’s not the same as the WWE, and you don’t really think that since you just said you don’t think it’s fixed or scripted in your first sentence.

A lot of former players have been saying it’s rigged. Obviously they’re not in on it though…

A lot of former players have been saying it’s rigged. Obviously they’re not in on it though…

Lol, come on. They’re obviously being tongue in cheek and just playing along with the nonsense (not necessarily Braylon here but all of the others who’ve “exposed” it lately). Arian Foster was CLEARLY joking, and that’s the video that started all of this hilarity.

Again, the officiating is awful and is what centers most of the “rigged” talk. They’re awful at their jobs as we can see weekly, do we really think they’re also capable enough to rig games with their calls? Both things don’t seem like they can be true at the same time.

Not sure if I read it on CTG in another thread or not, but there’s a really popular bet being placed by thousands of people on the exact final score of the SB being 37-34 Philly due to the “script” that was leaked by some guy on Twitter.

Let’s just assume the score doesn’t end exactly like that…do we think the people that bet it and lost will continue to think the NFL is rigged? Of course they will, because their team will lose a game they shouldn’t have, or lose because a horrible call goes against their squad, etc.

If it does end 37-34 Philly then I guess the jig is up and the end is near.

I’m not disagreeing with any of that about specific games/calls/officials. A LOT of that can be explained away as both human nature and just officials bad at their jobs.

I was only referring to the NFL being a “sport entertainment business” and not a sport. That’s not a real thing.

It’s not the same as the WWE, and you don’t really think that since you just said you don’t think it’s fixed or scripted in your first sentence.

WWE is different in that the wrestlers themselves practice the exact outcome desired by their bosses ...

Imo the refs execute whatever king Roger directs ( only directed in some games ) ..Keeping it close for the highest possible TV ratings is often the objective

WWE is different in that the wrestlers themselves practice the exact outcome desired by their bosses ...

Imo the refs execute whatever king Roger directs ( only directed in some games ) ..Keeping it close for the highest possible TV ratings is often the objective

Of course this happens to some degree and it’s naive to think it doesn’t. NBA been doing it for years. The end of the Kings Lakers series 20 years ago was fixed. The end of the Lakers Blazers g7 was also fixed. Refs have tendencies that are encouraged and they’re deployed accordingly so.

Lol, come on. They’re obviously being tongue in cheek and just playing along with the nonsense (not necessarily Braylon here but all of the others who’ve “exposed” it lately). Arian Foster was CLEARLY joking, and that’s the video that started all of this hilarity.

Again, the officiating is awful and is what centers most of the “rigged” talk. They’re awful at their jobs as we can see weekly, do we really think they’re also capable enough to rig games with their calls? Both things don’t seem like they can be true at the same time.

Surely most of the players yapping are just joking...

I don't care what the NFL players say , many of them are far too stupid to be included on *game manipulation ..

Every year the NFL creates new subjective rules that make it easier for the refs to manage the desired game flow ...

There is no possible way the refs could be this atrocious IMO ...The bumbling fools act wore thin almost 20 years ago ...

Hiring part time employees to decide events in a Bazillion $$ business is beyond shady ..

your boy at it again - somehow ha

Crooked Carl has been passed the torch from the retired Tony the Fixer Corrente ..

Cheffers is the perfect game warden for the NFL

Thank you for stopping by Brother

You're the GOAT capper on all the sports messages boards....

If this multiple choice I think the correct answer Is #4 but I been wrong before. I think you way too caught up in kc getting ref help and I was on cincy, doesn’t matter how it got there that game was always gonna come down to last possession. Kc d dominated bengals 2 4th qrtr possessions then made 2 huge mistakes, the punt return then the unfortunate but obvious late hit on mahomes. Refs didn’t decide the outcome and I prob had way more invested on cincy to win SB.

I dunno how you can call eagles better? Kc has hosted 4 straight afc championship games, got to 2 SB’s, caught a awful break w a decimated line against tampa. Granted they were 1 Jimmy g throw from losing to niners. But the fact remains kc been the best team In football amd in easily the best conf since mahomes took over, you can buy Philly d vs a bunch of scrub qbs but I do not, Dak threw for 350, packers, Dallas and ions scored 30+, Dak wax best qb they have played in the trash nfc. Let’s see this great d vs the best qb, great coach, excellent pass blocking line, kc offense will do whatever they want, mahomes ankle a non factor, Hurts ability to throw the way bigger question since he hasn’t done it well since injury. How can we call a eagles team who dominated a crappy nfc a better team than kc who has owned the afc who have all the best qbs? Cincy was a better win than Philly had all year. Maybe I’m crazy but I think kc puts on a show to put the icing on the cake of what been a dominate run! Just way I see it, Refs won’t matter, kc protection schemes, ability to exploit aggressive d’s, and the greatest qb in the world will do what they want to Philly and unles hurts regains his pre injury form this won’t be close.

Of course this happens to some degree and it’s naive to think it doesn’t. NBA been doing it for years. The end of the Kings Lakers series 20 years ago was fixed. The end of the Lakers Blazers g7 was also fixed. Refs have tendencies that are encouraged and they’re deployed accordingly so.

I definitely remember those fixes ..

Personally my favorite was locally when my old long tine book PW ( RIP ) took the BILLS vs BRONCOS 2017 game off the board on the Wednesday before kickoff ...Said it was only the 3rd time he got information that the Refs were going to do whatever necessary to help a side win ...Took it a step further telling many of us long time faithful bettors to go all in on the BILLS wherever we could get money down....
I spread the word to anyone who would listen , even Posted it across the street....Even better than winning a triple mortgage wager was getting all the angry texts at half time when the game was tied from people that were in the stadium, they kept saying the refs were calling a fair game and that I was Full of shet .....Just 30 minutes later the texts came flying in on how the BILLS defensive backs were tackling and holding Demarius Thomas and Manny Sanders on almost every play with no flag...On offense the BILLS had a free roll to hold on 2 second half scoring drives .

The shadiest call I've probably ever seen happened when the Broncos stopped the BILLS on a critical 3rd down which was supposed to lead to Denver getting the ball back....After the Play Von Miller jokingly pulled his hands away from helping up Tyrod Taylor up ( the 2 were long time friends as Miller was just in Tyrod's fashion show ) ...The Ref threw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct ( blatant manipulation) ... The first down led to the BILLS kicking a FG that put them up 10 points halfway threw the 4th ......

The ALL 22 footage is hilarious...The 4th quarter should be the prime example of refs managing a * game ...

One buddy who won a massive stake bought the coaches film from a local sports collectible shop ( Dave and Adams ) , he often plays it for anyone who thinks the NFL is a legitimate sport ..

Last edited:
I definitely remember those fixes ..

Personally my favorite was locally when my old long tine book PW ( RIP ) took the BILLS vs BRONCOS 2017 game off the board on the Wednesday before kickoff ...Said it was only the 3rd time he got information that the Refs were going to do whatever necessary to help a side win ...Took it a step further telling many of us long time faithful bettors to go all in on the BILLS wherever we could get money down....
I spread to anyone who would listen , even Posted it across the street....Even better than winning a triple mortgage wager was getting all the angry texts at half time when the game was tied from people that were in the stadium, they kept saying the refs were calling a fair game and that I was Full of shet .....Just 30 minutes later the texts came flying in on how the BILLS defensive backs were tackling and holding Demarius Thomas and Manny Sanders on almost every play with no flag...On offense the BILLS had a free roll to hold on 2 second half scoring drives .

The shadiest call I've probably ever seen happened when the Broncos stopped the BILLS on a critical 3rd down which was supposed to lead to Denver getting the ball back....After the Play Von Miller jokingly pulled his hands away from helping up Tyrod Taylor up ( the 2 were long time friends as Miller was just in Tyrod's fashion show ) ...The Ref threw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct ( blatant manipulation) ... The first down led to the BILLS kicking a FG that put them up 10 points halfway threw the 4th ......

The ALL 22 footage is hilarious...The 4th quarter should be the prime example of refs managing a * game ...

One buddy who won a massive stake bought the coaches film from a local sports collectible shop ( Dave and Adams ) , he often plays it for anyone who thinks the NFL is a legitimate sport ..

Hard to look at the ending of the Nova game and think the balls don’t have magnets in them. 48% free throw shooters swish both. 80% other way go 1/4. Hall swishes 3 3s after being abysmal all night. Chances of a cover were maybe 1/1000.

If this multiple choice I think the correct answer Is #4 but I been wrong before. I think you way too caught up in kc getting ref help and I was on cincy, doesn’t matter how it got there that game was always gonna come down to last possession. Kc d dominated bengals 2 4th qrtr possessions then made 2 huge mistakes, the punt return then the unfortunate but obvious late hit on mahomes. Refs didn’t decide the outcome and I prob had way more invested on cincy to win SB.

I dunno how you can call eagles better? Kc has hosted 4 straight afc championship games, got to 2 SB’s, caught a awful break w a decimated line against tampa. Granted they were 1 Jimmy g throw from losing to niners. But the fact remains kc been the best team In football amd in easily the best conf since mahomes took over, you can buy Philly d vs a bunch of scrub qbs but I do not, Dak threw for 350, packers, Dallas and ions scored 30+, Dak wax best qb they have played in the trash nfc. Let’s see this great d vs the best qb, great coach, excellent pass blocking line, kc offense will do whatever they want, mahomes ankle a non factor, Hurts ability to throw the way bigger question since he hasn’t done it well since injury. How can we call a eagles team who dominated a crappy nfc a better team than kc who has owned the afc who have all the best qbs? Cincy was a better win than Philly had all year. Maybe I’m crazy but I think kc puts on a show to put the icing on the cake of what been a dominate run! Just way I see it, Refs won’t matter, kc protection schemes, ability to exploit aggressive d’s, and the greatest qb in the world will do what they want to Philly and unles hurts regains his pre injury form this won’t be close.

You could be spot on Brother on the SB outcome....No result would suprise me in the NFL ....Chiefs are extremely good and like you mentioned are well seasoned over the last 5 years ..

I do however think the EAGLES are the better team going in ...3rd most sacks ever , first team in NFL history to score 30+ while only allowing single digits in 2 playoff games...
See what you're saying about the regular season slip ups on defense, but we could say the same with the Chiefs who lost to the Colts ....

Those 4th quarter shady ref calls were ridiculous...A DO OVER, followed by holding on a sack , the intentional grounding on Burrow was next level as Brady has been throwing at his linemans feet for 20+ years ( towards a target ) ......

All that being said one local has moved the ML to Chiefs +110 , in it continues its rise I might buy out of at least half of the 2k Eagles bet ....Gainwell is now my favorite overall play on Rhee board ...

Best of luck Brother
Appreciate your excellent post above .

I’m not a NFL guy at all
I do hope all you betting today cash for truckloads

I’ve made only one bet because we’ll be at a party & I need something to root for

J. Hurts 50+ Yard Completion
P. Mahomes 50+ Yard Completion
+1000

I’m not a NFL guy at all

I’ve made only one bet because we’ll be at a party & I need something to root for

+1000

Best of luck Brother
Sweep that super bowl slate

1st qrtr ov 9.5 turned out to be my biggest play. Kinda hate it cause feel like SB’s often start slow, kinda love it cause both these offenses tend to score early. Feel like you give Andy Reid 2 weeks his 1st drive is gonna get them points, hopefully 7, then just need a fg rest the way. Biggest concern is both teams capable of that 1st drive eating a lot of clock.

I’m not a NFL guy at all

+1000

I was all about hurts long completion in playoffs but he threw the ball terribly, maybe 2 more weeks his shoulder feel better or he work out mechanics that maybe were rusty w time off?

You could be spot on Brother on the SB outcome....No result would suprise me in the NFL ....Chiefs are extremely good and like you mentioned are well seasoned over the last 5 years ..

I do however think the EAGLES are the better team going in ...3rd most sacks ever , first team in NFL history to score 30+ while only allowing single digits in 2 playoff games...
See what you're saying about the regular season slip ups on defense, but we could say the same with the Chiefs who lost to the Colts ....

Those 4th quarter shady ref calls were ridiculous...A DO OVER, followed by holding on a sack , the intentional grounding on Burrow was next level as Brady has been throwing at his linemans feet for 20+ years ( towards a target ) ......

All that being said one local has moved the ML to Chiefs +110 , in it continues its rise I might buy out of at least half of the 2k Eagles bet ....Gainwell is now my favorite overall play on Rhee board ...

Best of luck Brother
Appreciate your excellent post above .

I really think eagles d being overrated, I guess we will for sure find out tonight, they just havnt played any qb I think even top 10! Personally I thought cincy d was every bit as good as Philly since they much better against the run, they don’t have the individual pass rush talent of eagles but I think kc line and protection schemes will neutralize that, Right or wrong Their overall sack numbers don’t really impress me, they play 17 games now, with nobody hitting or doing shit in preseason offensive lines are at a huge disadvantage early in the year like no other time in history, and again they played a bunch of dog shit nfc qbs. Maybe im way off here and they are great, if they are in mahomes face harassing him all game I’ll happily admit I was wrong, I just don’t think it will happen. I also think Reid will have plenty of play calls that neutralize pass rushes and wear them down, screens, draws, etc, I heard a stat that Philly hadn’t allowed a td on a screen pass all year but that a bit misleading cause they have struggled against screens between the 20s and i believe Reid has the best most creative screen game in history. The only real place I see Philly has roster edges are at corner and their top 2 wrs. I think kc dline is arguable just as good (they did have the 2nd most sacks on the year and I could argue Jones is the most talented dlineman in this game if not the league). I might give a slight nod to eagles oline but kc graded as the best pass blocking line all year. I think Pacheco and mckinnon just as good as Philly backs, mahomes way better than hurts, kelce the best te in the game, goedert is solid. Kc wrs not on smith and brown level but I don’t trust the Hurts we have seen since the injury to get them the ball. Kc doesn’t have top end talent but they also can’t be keyed on cause they have 3-4 guys that can all get it done and with the attention you gotta pay to kelce they gonna get single coverage. Of course eagles run game should force kc to play with 8 in the box so those eagles wrs will have chances as well, kc won’t be able to double them like they did chase and Higgins most the game,

I know there were some awful calls In the cincy/kc game, god knows I was cussing that ref a bunch during game! but I don’t think any of them impacted the outcome, no calls were made that caused burrow and co to get destroyed by kc d in 4th qrtr, they had 2 chances w ball in a tie game and did nothing and wasn’t cause any bad calls. The early calls that went against them sucked but I still think that game comes down to last drive so think it a mistake to hold that against kc. Another thing is, couldn’t I argue the refs in Philly were every bit as incompetent and gave Philly all the calls? From the 1st drive 4th down play that was clearly not a catch, to the 7 ticky tack penalties on niners that gave eagles 1sy downs, to that rouging the punter that was just as egregious as the extra down for kc? It was clear niners guy was pushed into the punter yet they handed Philly a 1st down that lead to a td: both those games were terribly officiated and both teams got all the home cooking so why are we not holding it against eagles the refs clearly helped them? Im of the belief they gonna let them play so kc should prob get away w some holding, eagles corners will prob get away w illegal contact. When I hear anyone bring up refs in the kc game as a reason to like Philly I think it a huge mistake and clearly turning a blind eye to all the help refs gave eagles. Hopefully we get better refs here and they not part of the story.

Then it just a difference of opinion on who the better team, I think the afc was way better so naturally I think the team who came out that side was far more impressive than beating a giants team we all called frauds and a niners team on a 3rd string qb who blew his elbow out during game. I really expect afc to win 4 of the next 5 supebowls until nfc finds some competent qbs.

I really think eagles d being overrated, I guess we will for sure find out tonight, they just havnt played any qb I think even top 10! Personally I thought cincy d was every bit as good as Philly since they much better against the run, they don’t have the individual pass rush talent of eagles but I think kc line and protection schemes will neutralize that, Right or wrong Their overall sack numbers don’t really impress me, they play 17 games now, with nobody hitting or doing shit in preseason offensive lines are at a huge disadvantage early in the year like no other time in history, and again they played a bunch of dog shit nfc qbs. Maybe im way off here and they are great, if they are in mahomes face harassing him all game I’ll happily admit I was wrong, I just don’t think it will happen. I also think Reid will have plenty of play calls that neutralize pass rushes and wear them down, screens, draws, etc, I heard a stat that Philly hadn’t allowed a td on a screen pass all year but that a bit misleading cause they have struggled against screens between the 20s and i believe Reid has the best most creative screen game in history. The only real place I see Philly has roster edges are at corner and their top 2 wrs. I think kc dline is arguable just as good (they did have the 2nd most sacks on the year and I could argue Jones is the most talented dlineman in this game if not the league). I might give a slight nod to eagles oline but kc graded as the best pass blocking line all year. I think Pacheco and mckinnon just as good as Philly backs, mahomes way better than hurts, kelce the best te in the game, goedert is solid. Kc wrs not on smith and brown level but I don’t trust the Hurts we have seen since the injury to get them the ball. Kc doesn’t have top end talent but they also can’t be keyed on cause they have 3-4 guys that can all get it done and with the attention you gotta pay to kelce they gonna get single coverage. Of course eagles run game should force kc to play with 8 in the box so those eagles wrs will have chances as well, kc won’t be able to double them like they did chase and Higgins most the game,

I know there were some awful calls In the cincy/kc game, god knows I was cussing that ref a bunch during game! but I don’t think any of them impacted the outcome, no calls were made that caused burrow and co to get destroyed by kc d in 4th qrtr, they had 2 chances w ball in a tie game and did nothing and wasn’t cause any bad calls. The early calls that went against them sucked but I still think that game comes down to last drive so think it a mistake to hold that against kc. Another thing is, couldn’t I argue the refs in Philly were every bit as incompetent and gave Philly all the calls? From the 1st drive 4th down play that was clearly not a catch, to the 7 ticky tack penalties on niners that gave eagles 1sy downs, to that rouging the punter that was just as egregious as the extra down for kc? It was clear niners guy was pushed into the punter yet they handed Philly a 1st down that lead to a td: both those games were terribly officiated and both teams got all the home cooking so why are we not holding it against eagles the refs clearly helped them? Im of the belief they gonna let them play so kc should prob get away w some holding, eagles corners will prob get away w illegal contact. When I hear anyone bring up refs in the kc game as a reason to like Philly I think it a huge mistake and clearly turning a blind eye to all the help refs gave eagles. Hopefully we get better refs here and they not part of the story.

Then it just a difference of opinion on who the better team, I think the afc was way better so naturally I think the team who came out that side was far more impressive than beating a giants team we all called frauds and a niners team on a 3rd string qb who blew his elbow out during game. I really expect afc to win 4 of the next 5 supebowls until nfc finds some competent qbs.

Really appreciate your excellent posts here....Far superior to my rambling .

Before the season I was all about the AFC being way better than the NFC , predicted they'd win at least 47 of the 80 matchups ...Shocked that the NFC ended up winning 41 of 80.....Chiefs and Bengals are solid , but after that everyone else in the AFC was just okay imo ....The BILLS were solid until the injuries took away their best pass rusher and secondary captain in Hyde .....McDermott will never win a SB , probably never get back to the AFC championship either...Think he is the most overrated HC in the league by 100 miles ....

Can't wait to watch this one play out tonight....

Best of luck to you brother ..

Not sure if I read it on CTG in another thread or not, but there’s a really popular bet being placed by thousands of people on the exact final score of the SB being 37-34 Philly due to the “script” that was leaked by some guy on Twitter.

Let’s just assume the score doesn’t end exactly like that…do we think the people that bet it and lost will continue to think the NFL is rigged? Of course they will, because their team will lose a game they shouldn’t have, or lose because a horrible call goes against their squad, etc.

If it does end 37-34 Philly then I guess the jig is up and the end is near.

Pretty close. Wrong team, but still impressive.

2 The Refs help the Chiefs and they win in a made for TV all time classic thriller ....Mahomes leads them down the field in the final minutes ....
Made $1770 on Chiefs live betting vs the Bengals last week once it became obvious that the Refs were going to help KC in 4th quarter ( does not count here bc it was not posted ) ...Hopefully I don't have to try and hedge Sunday ..

One of the easiest live betting buyouts ever .. .( does NOT count here /Not posted )

Won $1200 on Gainwell ( barely )
Lost $620 on the Eagles ....

Last edited:

At least these ref manipulations are some what easy to see in game ....Live betting is the greatest sports gambling tool ever for people who believe some games are fishy in the 4th quarter ....

Took KC +7' right after PM limped off .....

Perspective on the late call, that I think makes sense

So he was holding all game and it wasn’t being called? I understand it was a bummer for that game to end in that fashion but the kid admitted he held, it was obvious he held, he was beaten and he knows it probably another td if he doesn’t do something to disrupt the route. Imo it more important for the official to get it right in that instance than any other time in the game, you can’t let the defender intentionally do something he knew he had to because he was beat! Just don’t think you can reward him for getting beat in the most crucial moment of the game.

I totally get ppl reactions to it, I was on kc and when I 1st saw the flag come out I thought it was bogus, but it wasn’t. Just cause it was subtle doesn’t make it less a penalty, he clearly got beat and clearly knew he had to do that or it likely a td, hindsight and all he woulda been better off letting them connect for the score but you obviously not thinking bout that as the play unfolding. Right call just unfortunate it happened.

For perspective, let’s go back a few years and remember the rams vs saints nfc championship game, was anyone happy that the ref “let them play” on the obvious interference on rams that forced saints to kick a fg? All I can remember is everyone saying how saints got cheated cause the ref didn’t throw the flag when the defender was obviously early! We can’t have it both ways! We scream the ref had to make that call but now we screaming the ref shouldn’t have made the call?

So he was holding all game and it wasn’t being called? I understand it was a bummer for that game to end in that fashion but the kid admitted he held, it was obvious he held, he was beaten and he knows it probably another td if he doesn’t do something to disrupt the route. Imo it more important for the official to get it right in that instance than any other time in the game, you can’t let the defender intentionally do something he knew he had to because he was beat! Just don’t think you can reward him for getting beat in the most crucial moment of the game.

I totally get ppl reactions to it, I was on kc and when I 1st saw the flag come out I thought it was bogus, but it wasn’t. Just cause it was subtle doesn’t make it less a penalty, he clearly got beat and clearly knew he had to do that or it likely a td, hindsight and all he woulda been better off letting them connect for the score but you obviously not thinking bout that as the play unfolding. Right call just unfortunate it happened.

For perspective, let’s go back a few years and remember the rams vs saints nfc championship game, was anyone happy that the ref “let them play” on the obvious interference on rams that forced saints to kick a fg? All I can remember is everyone saying how saints got cheated cause the ref didn’t throw the flag when the defender was obviously early! We can’t have it both ways! We scream the ref had to make that call but now we screaming the ref shouldn’t have made the call?

Yep, you call it the same way throughout the game .....

For me the basic idea, is to let the players decide the game - not the officials. You can't let an OL hold ALL game, and then on the final play finally call it - because YOU the official decide it's POOF! , now important . I mostly agree with his point that as a player, you can't put yourself in that position - and let the *refs decide the game*.

Yep, you call it the same way throughout the game .....

For me the basic idea, is to let the players decide the game - not the officials. You can't let an OL hold ALL game, and then on the final play finally call it - because YOU the official decide it's POOF! , now important . I mostly agree with his point that as a player, you can't put yourself in that position - and let the *refs decide the game*.

The ref didn’t grab and alter his route, dude was beat, grab him and they should let it slide. So then you agreed when they didn’t call pi on rams when everyone was pissed saying saints got cheated cause the flag wasn’t thrown?

Took KC +7' right after PM limped off .....

Perspective on the late call, that I think makes sense

Smart man...I started jumping on KC right before the Eagles went up 27-21 .... Was very happy to get back 1800 of the 2420 pending on the Eagles ....

Tucker is spot on , several former Bills echoed Tucker's statements throughout the season.

They should have just played one drive with KC having the ball ...Refs help them kick a FG and waste the clock ....Saved us all 5+ hours of our lives ...lol

I dream of the day we don’t blame refs in every close game. It really takes away from the times they might deserve some blame and from the game itself. The guy freaking admitted he held, it not like players are shy these days about saying how they really feel, I’m positive had he not held he wouldn’t have owned up to it. Not throwing the flag would have been every bit if not more egregious, allowing Philly to make a 3rd down stop to get the ball by breaking the rules is essentially what we saying fair.

I dream of the day we don’t blame refs in every close game. It really takes away from the times they might deserve some blame and from the game itself. The guy freaking admitted he held, it not like players are shy these days about saying how they really feel, I’m positive had he not held he wouldn’t have owned up to it. Not throwing the flag would have been every bit if not more egregious, allowing Philly to make a 3rd down stop to get the ball by breaking the rules is essentially what we saying fair.

Extremely fishy calls in back to back games to help the Chiefs win.....
Bengals game. A DO OVER, followed by a sack that was negated by defensive holding , next drive a very questionable intentional grounding on Burroe on a play Brady has done 100's of times....

Eagles : No way that holding should have been called ...If you call it there you must call it on every play it happens...Watched the game back on all 23 ..Holding happened on 16 plays with no call.....Also 3 plays before the Chiefs Orlando Brown hauled down a pass rusher by a clear hold.....

We can agree to disagree Brother ...

I'm convinced the refs manipulate some of these games....Next year I'm sure they'll create more subjective rules to manipulate the game easier .

Extremely fishy calls in back to back games to help the Chiefs win.....
Bengals game. A DO OVER, followed by a sack that was negated by defensive holding , next drive a very questionable intentional grounding on Burroe on a play Brady has done 100's of times....

Eagles : No way that holding should have been called ...If you call it there you must call it on every play it happens...Watched the game back on all 23 ..Holding happened on 16 plays with no call.....Also 3 plays before the Chiefs Orlando Brown hauled down a pass rusher by a clear hold.....

We can agree to disagree Brother ...

I'm convinced the refs manipulate some of these games....Next year I'm sure they'll create more subjective rules to manipulate the game easier .
I really don’t understand why you would bet, watch, or bother at all with a sport you are convinced is fixed? I had as much interest as anyone in bengals winning the SB with the futures I had, I agree the officiating was god awful and very slanted to kc in that game. Even so I don’t think it impacted the outcome, imo it really didn’t matter how they got to a tie game in the 4th qrtr it was inevitable it was gonna be that as it had been every time they have played. I didn’t love the intentional grounding call on burrow either, that said I don’t think it mattered much cause ultimately cincy couldn’t do anything with their chances with the ball in the 4th because their oline was getting absolutely whipped and the coaching staff failed to make any kind of adjustments, kept allowing Jones to have 1 on 1 matchups he was winning every time, that was on the coaching staff, you have to leave extra blockers in to help, at the very least chip before going into a route. They did none of that which left Burrow absolutely no timfe to throw the ball. Just like the line and of protection schemes cost them the SB last year the same thing was the biggest determining factor in why they lost that game,, a close second was allowing kc the good punt return, then obviously the late hit on mahomes that lead to a makable fg when we were destined to see ot, as much I hatred it they had to call the late hit on mahomes, he was 2 feet out of bounds, that a penalty all the time every time no matter the score or situation, you shove a qb when he clearly out of bounds the flag coming out. Yes the officiating was bad and yes pretty much every break went to the home team which isn’t totally uncommon, but kc was the better team that day and they made the winning plays in 4th. You can choose to focus on the refs but their incompetence or “cheating” for kc isn’t why cincy lost.

On fo SB, how can we say because a ref may have missed a earlier call that means he shouldn’t make the call when he sees it? That is such illogical thinking and no ref who operates under the premise “I missed a earlier call so I’m gonna let this one go” should be in the league. You not disagreeing w me bro, you disagreeing with the eagles defender who after the game clearly stated he held! I dunno how there any argument after that? At his locker after the game, he could have easily said “the ref thought he saw something and made the call, I didn’t agree with it cause all I did was put my hand on him I didn’t grab any jersey”, that not what he said tho. Far as the holding you witnessed by the kc oline , that is a totally different official in charge of those infractions, the guy watching the corners has nothing to do with making or not making calls on the oline. I don’t recall many holding penalties on the eagles line either and I’m sure you can go back and see plenty of holds as it happens a lot, I’m of the believe as long as they not clear and obvious and dont directly effect the play they shouldn’t call them, last thing we want to see a ton of offensive holding on lineman that would totally ruin the game. The fact just a few plays earlier eagles corner got away with a hold actually made the one that was called even more reasonable as kc wasn’t happy on the no call and let the official know about it so he was on his highest alert at that point to make sure he didn’t miss another that would have impacted the game, kc could have easily scored a td had ju ju not been held on the one they called and defender admitted he was beat and held. So he supposed to keep flag in his pocket and force kc to attempt a fg when they potentially score 7 without the hold??

The eagles didn’t lose cause of a holding call the player admitted was holding. They lost because their defense was incredibly overrated and the chiefs scored every time they touched the ball in the second half. They lost because kc out rushed them, most of us agreed eagles needed to run for 200+ yards to win that game yet the chiefs had the more physical and productive run game, Hurts was the only reason it was a close game as he the only eagles player who performed at a high level. The team who dominated the second half won the game which is what you would expect. The team who got a fumble return for a td and didn’t turn it over once themselves, the team who made mince meat of the eagles d in the red zone, the team who won the turnover battle + had a huge special teams play.

Was it unfortunate a classic game didn’t get the dramatic ending because a player held? For sure, but had he not held kc up 7 with eagles getting the ball wit 1:30 left. It woulda been unfair to kc to only be up 3 in same spot because Philly got away with holding the primary wr on the play, the second time they had done so on that drive!! Throw the call out, it insane that everyone always projects had eagles gotten the ball it a foregone conclusion they score, they had been scoring on long drives all night where kc had to respect the run, it woulda been much different having to score quickly while the kc dline woulda been able to pin their ears back and the secondary coukd dedicate 7 guys to coverage which they couldn’t do any other time in the game as goal one was stopping the run game.

I have all the respect in the world for the kid who got flagged coming out and saying he held. That right there pretty much squashes any real argument. The game was played on kc terms and they won the game, that wasn’t because of the refs, if was because kc held eagles running backs to 45 yards on 17 Carries, can’t we at least agree if we had been told before the game that eagles backs would be totally ineffective, that the eagles wouldn’t sack mahomes 1 time, that kc would have clearly been the right play?

There no chance im betting on a sport I believe Is rigged. That seems nuts to me unless you know someone who can tell you which team the nfl is gonna make sure winning, lol

Back