WR Bust Alert

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
Mike Evans has the physical tools but the mental is where I think he'll struggle. Look at last years Bowl game. It didn't take half the 1st quarter for him to draw 2 unsportsmanlike like penalties. He appears to have some Terrell Owens in him. I see red flags all over him the more I watch him on film.

Mike Evans has the physical tools but the mental is where I think he'll struggle. Look at last years Bowl game. It didn't take half the 1st quarter for him to draw 2 unsportsmanlike like penalties. He appears to have some Terrell Owens in him. I see red flags all over him the more I watch him on film.

Totally agree. It makes me cringe when talk of him comes up.

Every receiver is a diva outside of Mega. It's no longer the exception. It's the norm. Get used to it.

No need to get used to it. This mantra of the Diva WR has no leverage or control unless you want it to.

Off the top of my head how many of the Bayou Bengal WR's have worked out over the years? Devery Henderson? And that's sorta a stretch. But, I think we need to wait and see where these WR's all go b4 we start calling them busts.

I'm not sure as to why a few of you think Mike Evans will be a bust? Mylanta, the guy could have passed as Vincent Jackson ten years ago! And he already has a track record of making big catches. What I mean is, at least he's a proven commodity coming out of college whereas VJax played bball. Only a terrible QB will stunt Mike Evans in his early years in my humble opinion. I'm obviously high on the guy.

I'd say Bowe's been pretty good

Admittedly forgot about him. But I wouldn't call him good. The guy had all the potential to be great, but it was the dreaded QB/lack of "want to" that's kept him from getting to at least the "good" level. Wasn't he traded last season to SF for another potential great that never panned out? Even swap?

Instead of deleting the "thought Bowe was traded" part of my last post, I'll just admit to being wrong about that. I"ll stand by comments about him not living up to being better than he should be.

I think it's Mike Evans temperament that will get him in the NFL. There's something about him that I feel doesn't amount to being a professional football player. We'll see.

Bowe got Alex Smith....that is what happened

a guy who doesnt throw the ball more than 7 yards a play

sleeper of the draft at WR, Allen Robinson from OLSM. Kid will be a stud, not getting enough love and will be a great 2nd round pick by someone. 42inch vert.

Also really like Jordan Matthews and Brandin Cooks to be a Vic Cruz type with better speed and hands.

Agree on Evans, if Duke can frustrate you and make you throw your helmet around the field, you might have problems. Something seems off with him and hope the Lions dont take him.

Off the top of my head how many of the Bayou Bengal WR's have worked out over the years? Devery Henderson? And that's sorta a stretch. But, I think we need to wait and see where these WR's all go b4 we start calling them busts.

I went through this a year or so ago. It seems most outside of Henderson have seemed lethargic and slow. Bowe is solid, wouldnt say premier. Dont care to bring it up again, but Odell Beckham is fast and think he will be a player. Landry is a bit slow, like LaFell, Reed, and Clayton were. I think its one of those things where you always hear how fast SEC players are and all that and then you seem them in the NFL and their speed is average. I guess with all the hype, we expect more dominant pros with all the recruits they get. At least speed demons. But its hard to produce those.

Back