Would it be Very Funny If

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
The 3 strongest teams in the NBA were Cleveland, Orlando and the Heat with Boston coming in fourth. Turns out the West gets no representatives because no one playing in the West really bothers with defense.
Probably not fair. The West does get 1 team in. Co-equal to Boston for fourth place is Houston and if Artest gets healthy they could drift even higher.

Last edited:
I'll agree about Cleveland/Orlando/ Houston when healthy. We know Boston will get it together, but what about Miami besides Wade turning it up in the 4th is there really to like?

Udonis Haslem and Shawn Marion are 2 of the very finest secondary players in the NBA. Talent like that is an example which with a good coach can set an entire team on fire. When this team walked on Minn in a tough spot and then blasted the Bucks in a very tough spot they confirmed the obvious fact that this team is actually for real. In their last 2 games against both Cleveland and the Lakers they played both teams very close. The cat is out of the bag. The roster believes in their team and are willing to fight. Will be betting against them first half of course tomorrow but that may change at half time.

I agree Miami is a tough team, and I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic about them possibly being a top 4 team in the league. Wins over Minnesota and Milwaukee do not make you a good team, and neither do losses- no matter how close or to who.

but away from that subject, I like Houston 1st H as Miami has been just barely walking into games the first half. I read this in miami local newspaper:

''What I'd really like to see us do is take the next step and have that same type of urgency in the first quarter and second quarter to start games,'' Spoelstra said.
Still, Spoelstra is pleased that his young team gets ``motivated and inspired when games are close.''"

does this change your mind a bit, as I'm getting concerned

Its a system play specific to just Houston. Surprised you have not read any of the posts. Apart from that, no. i am not kidding even a little. I think Pop realized his standard formula of a veteran team that plays great defense could not win this year and gambled. He brought a bunch of young kids in, let the defense go and is trying to get lucky. Maybe he will but the Spurs are not really an elite team now. Phil is just senile. Lakers could be the best team in the NBA. With a Coach. Kobe knows but what can he do about it. Guy looks silly from the past for complaining about the GM. Now he is supposed to speak out publicly and say Phil needs to be retired. No. He is going to shut his mouth and try and make it happen anyway but it will not be easy. After they get their players back we can look again but unless they improve their defense I am not seeing them beat the good teams from the East.

Last edited:
Phil does suck as a coach- hie is old schooled and really relies on the stars to win, he has done nothing to improve this team, and is responsible for hte shitty Defense-

Spurs are a joke, they own suns and denver but cant beat the good teams -----

they only have 3 players, they needed a guy like J Rich and one bigtime inside threat and they would be back to elite

C'mon LA in a 7 game series is stillb best in West by so far its not even worth a discussion. And to suggest that they're not top 3 with Boston and Cavs is ludacris. Anti-Laker bias you show is so obvious...

Anti Laker bias. Not true. Have played them many times and have great respect for the abilities of the players on the team. Its Phil and his non coaching I have no respect for. Either you teach your team to defend or you have an inferior team. Reality.
Lakers best in the West? They should be able to beat any team in the West except a healthy Houston and is Houston ever going to be healthy? Does not mean they can beat the East. Not really a very good year for the West.

Hey Tuck It would be fair to say you espect Miami to have over 45 wins for the year ? 21-17 currently

Have not been tracking it. Have them at the Greek over 37.5. Hoping to cash that.

Back