Worst play calling I have seen this season.

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Worst play calling I have seen this season.

Browns 4th and goal at the 3yd line and trailing by 6. Should have went for it and won the game then or failed and gave he ball back to AZ at the 3 yard line. Worse case is zona tries to run the ball, to get out of there and Cleveland stacks the line and forces a punt that they get at mid field or better.
Bad decision because after they made the field goal they kicked off and Zona ran it out to Cle 40 with OLD James???

Coaches lost this game. Not the players.

Last edited:
How about the fking Giants. 1 yd line 1.40 left and the fking coach runs it in on 1st down. Unbelievable.

I disagree with going for it at the time.

The Browns had timeouts, they were down six, not seven, kicking it was smart.

Now the three play calls beforehand, those I could quibble with.

But the Browns had at least four turnovers today, they lost this game fair and square. It was a horrible spot for 'em anyway, they'll get it back next week.

I disagree with going for it at the time.

The Browns had timeouts, they were down six, not seven, kicking it was smart.

Now the three play calls beforehand, those I could quibble with.

But the Browns had at least four turnovers today, they lost this game fair and square. It was a horrible spot for 'em anyway, they'll get it back next week.

Not this game Joe. You play to win on the road. You go for the winning score and at worst, you still have 8 minutes left in the game to get the ball back. Zona would have NEVER risked trying to go downfield from the 3. Run, run, short pass which Cleveland was stopping all day. result would have been a punt and then trying to score from mid-field with AT LEAST 4-6 Minutes on the clock!

Yes- coughlin and gibbs are calling lays like in the 80's when there was no speed in players then. Two coaches that are a little out of their time. Redskins are losing games going to the nickel and on turnovers...They gave buffalo that game today.

Bad, Bad day today for me. Playing another loser tonight looking for revenge.

I agree about playing to win on the road, but I think you're missing it here because it was a six point game, not a seven.

If it were a seven, I'd agree with you. But at six you take the points now a FG ties it. As you said, the Cards weren't moving the ball much, so take the three, kick it to 'em and stop 'em.

Problem was, the Browns didn't stop 'em.

Truthfully I can complain about Romeo's choices at times with the best of 'em, but today the players lost this one.

And, after them, the refs lost it for 'em because that was quite obviously a force out.

What I was wrong about was next week. Before the Bills come to Cleveland, the Browns have to go to NY for the Jets. Which is, unfortunately, a late game. Should be another ugly week for the Browns, but they're the better team so anything can happen.

G-Man that was as boneheaded as it gets...i could not believe it. you have got to go for the TD in that situation

Some people will say hindsight is 20/20 but I don't think that necessarily the case cuz if people are looking to the coaching profession for intelligent men then good luck. I really believe thats why we see shit like this. Buncha meatheads running teams. Mike Tice was the ultimate example for me.

marv lewis trying to kick a 44ish FG in hines was hilarious. hes gonna need more than 3s to beat pitt. go for it or punt.

marv lewis trying to kick a 44ish FG in hines was hilarious. hes gonna need more than 3s to beat pitt. go for it or punt.

I was at a CFL game and the Ottawa RoughRiders were down by 8 late in the game and scored a TD.

They kicked the single point and lost by one point with one minute left.

The coach said " We scored a Td and everyone on the bench was yelling tie the game kick the single" He said they had the score wrong and though they were down by 1

Besided Gruden and bellichek most coaches are retarded. Tomlin is a really dumb coach, he thinks he is playing in the 60's, gets a 7 point lead and then turns the offence off trying to run the clock out, mark my words they will lose a game this year with thier conservative approach

you can always tell if a team is going to win by looking at their head coach

" Gruden is into the game, the look of utter confusion and dissarray was all over LEWIS's face tonight. Its like buddy why are you kicking a long 3 in pouring rain ready to screw up the field position? FOr a defensive guy he is an absolute idiot.

people dont realize that Ravens team won with its players and not with BILLICK and Lewis , they did nothing.

how can there possibly be a thread about bad playcalling and not one mention of Andy Reid?

Hes like the Michael Jordan of bad play calling

Heres an idea, fuckstick...you have THE BEST RUNNING BACK IN FOOTBALL...perhaps you should GIVE HIM THE FUCKING BALL

3 pts is routine in that situation IMO...the problem is if they get outta the bad field position and just get 3, it's a 9 pt game and two score game..from the 3 u kick IMO...from the 1, maybe not.

Back