Worst Bad Beat - Jets

lvmike32

Pretty much a regular
Had Cleve -6 and PK on a Teaser. 2 minutes to go Chubb scores on 15 yard run instead of taking a knee. they go up 13. Miss the XP. Up 13. Kick off - Jets score in 2 plays on long TD pass. Up 6. Jets recover onside kick, go down score TD with 20 seconds. Lose both.

Chubb takes knee game is over. Player/coach stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Had Cleve -6 and PK on a Teaser. 2 minutes to go Chubb scores on 15 yard run instead of taking a knee. they go up 13. Miss the XP. Up 13. Kick off - Jets score in 2 plays on long TD pass. Up 6. Jets recover onside kick, go down score TD with 20 seconds. Lose both.

I saw this. NFL is a bitch.

Well, the other side of the teaser was the Raiders +1 so don't feel as bad now. That would have been a bad beat too. Amazing day. I firmly believe these things even out long term - i.e. yesterday I had Syracuse/Purdue O58.5 - it was 9-3 half way through 3rd qtr. Will just move on.

Hate it for your plays but I am glad this happened l to hopefully wise up some of these coaches. In addition to potentially losing (as the Browns did), why you want to put more miles on your defenses odometer, risk injury, etc.

It starts with the coach - one of 32 jobs in the world, you should take care of every possible scenario, including instructing players that once the first down is secure in that spot, the game is over.

Hate it for your plays but I am glad this happened l to hopefully wise up some of these coaches. In addition to potentially losing (as the Browns did), why you want to put more miles on your defenses odometer, risk injury, etc.

It starts with the coach - one of 32 jobs in the world, you should take care of every possible scenario, including instructing players that once the first down is secure in that spot, the game is over.
Problem is coaches have always blown this issue and will continue to do so. As a bettor you just hope you're on the other side. Cleveland coach already said they should have reminded the huddle not to score. But the Jets said as soon as Chubb scored, they felt they still had a chance. They knew. I played Basketball and my dad always used to use the term "court sense" - obviously meant play smart. It's amazing how many pros don't think at all when playing. There was less than 2 minutes to go and Jets were out of TOs - Chubb takes a knee after getting the FD the game is over. Cleveland is 2 0. Be interesting to see how they respond. Luckily they have a pretty shitty Pitt team coming into town without Watt and an anemic offense.

It's amazing to me that professional athletes need a coach to remind them of basic game strategy. This I guess also means you expect most of these guys to have a semi-normal IQ which we all know isn't the case, unfortunately.

Back