3) Barcelona: £244.4m

4) Bayern Munich: £233.8m

5) Chelsea: £212.9m

6) Arsenal: £209.3m

7) Liverpool: £167m

8) AC Milan: £165.8m

9) AS Roma: £138.9m

10) Inter Milan: £136.9m

First time in awhile that Man Utd haven't been top of the list, which doesn't make much sense considering they won the league and European Cup last year. I wouldnt be surprised to see Barcelona at the top real soon, considering the way they've been going this season.

I sort of agree, at least I wonder where Juve is. Although, maybe they're still clawing their way back.

I'm actually surprised Roma's this high up.

And, what, Crystal Palace can't make this list. Ugh, typical.

What a faulty list, when they say "Revenue" don't know what they are basing it on? Jersey sales? Television Revenue? Sponsorship? Owner's wealth?

Barcelona will top that list come next year.

Roma should be nowhere that list, they are in a financial crunch, heck there has been talk of selling the team. Inter has more money than Roma for pete sakes.

Arsenal have no business being up there either, they are still struggling to overcome the amount of money they have invested.

Roma should be nowhere that list, they are in a financial crunch, heck there has been talk of selling the team. Inter has more money than Roma for pete sakes.

Frankly, I'm not really sure who owns Roma right now, but if ownership can be local, I'm OK with selling them. Though I've gotta say I'm pretty happy with what they've been putting on the pitch for the last few years.

Frankly, I'm not really sure who owns Roma right now, but if ownership can be local, I'm OK with selling them. Though I've gotta say I'm pretty happy with what they've been putting on the pitch for the last few years.

Got to remember, Roma is a racist club and the Romans are like the folks in Basque, they don't want to be called Spanish but Basque so the Romans prefer to be called Romans rather than Italians.

That is why Totti gets so hesitant to represent Italy because he is treated like a God in Rome but not as an Italian.

Roma have had some turmoil internally with shareholdings, lots of under table bullshit that can cause them long term strife. Spalletti was brought in because he was a master at man management with very little budget. There are a ton of Roma players now that are being lured out due to the larger contracts they can be offered elsewhere, lots of teams just poach off Roma which is quite funny actually.

No, no, Lazio is the racist club. Romans are . . . ah, Romans. I wouldn't go so far as to say they 'prefer' to be called Roman rather than Italian, but there is a weird sense of entitlement. Not like the French, "hey, we're French, f**k you," but rather, "engh, relax, we're Roman, it'll all work out."

Yeah, you know, kind of like it did the first time.

You're right though about Totti. Because they say, and maybe this is urban legend, that his roots go back centuries or whatever. That he is truly Roman, like of the empire. I've never got the sense Totti's hesitant to rep Italy, he's like Beckham, some argue that he's past it and with his knee issues I think he believes, 'well, if you're not going to support me, why should I bust my ass for you when I could rest up for club games.'

After all, as much as Roma fans want to be in the CL, winning that league is almost even better.

But Lazio's got the skinheads and the games you don't want to go to. Roma's more laid back, mostly.

I actually like what Spaletti's done. But again, I'm not really following the day to day of it much as I should.

No, no, Lazio is the racist club. Romans are . . . ah, Romans. I wouldn't go so far as to say they 'prefer' to be called Roman rather than Italian, but there is a weird sense of entitlement. Not like the French, "hey, we're French, f**k you," but rather, "engh, relax, we're Roman, it'll all work out."

Yeah, you know, kind of like it did the first time.

You're right though about Totti. Because they say, and maybe this is urban legend, that his roots go back centuries or whatever. That he is truly Roman, like of the empire. I've never got the sense Totti's hesitant to rep Italy, he's like Beckham, some argue that he's past it and with his knee issues I think he believes, 'well, if you're not going to support me, why should I bust my ass for you when I could rest up for club games.'

After all, as much as Roma fans want to be in the CL, winning that league is almost even better.

But Lazio's got the skinheads and the games you don't want to go to. Roma's more laid back, mostly.

I actually like what Spaletti's done. But again, I'm not really following the day to day of it much as I should.

Trust me Joe, Roma are a racist club, ask majority of the players who have played for them and they will say good the one negative about the clubs fans is the racism. They aren't as apparent as Lazio who are very visual, Roma know how to disguise it a lot better.

Totti has this sense of arrogance, he is litterally like a mythological hero, his presence can be a rallying call, but his ignorance can also be the team's downfall. The team played very well even without him on the line up because they play as a TEAM. With Totti in the line up what happens know is that the attack has to go through Totti or else he'll start being a wank.

Serie A is interesting this season, has been very successful to me.

I do think Atalanta will stop Roma's streak this weekend ;-)

You know, actually I don't like this setup for Roma. I hope they win, but I worry about it.

Maybe part of it with Roma is that I don't want there to be any racism there, and honestly, the Roma fans I know aren't racists. That said, Italy, particularly starting in parts of Rome and going south, simply isn't the most racially up to date. Sort of the more south you go the further you go back into time with some of the ignorance. Part of me thinks it's just a lack of familiarity, but part of me feels that's me letting them off the hook.

11. Juventus, Italy, Euro167.5 million.

12. Lyon, France, Euro155.7 million.

13. Schalke, Germany, Euro148.4 million.

14. Tottenham, England, Euro145 million.

15. Hamburg, Germany, Euro127.9 million.

16. Marseille, France, Euro126.8 million.

17. Newcastle, England, Euro125.6 million.

18. Stuggart, Germany, Euro111.5 million.

19. Fenerbahce, Turkey, Euro111.3 million.

20. Manchester City, England, Euro104 million.

I saw on BBC they were saying Man U would still be top if the pound had not dropped so much since last year.

And they said there would have been 9 english teams in the top 20 not 7

I saw on BBC they were saying Man U would still be top if the pound had not dropped so much since last year.

And they said there would have been 9 english teams in the top 20 not 7

Ya, if it weren't for the sharp decline of the pound everton, aston villa and west ham would have had a great chance of making the list.

Ya, if it weren't for the sharp decline of the pound everton, aston villa and west ham would have had a great chance of making the list.

Not too sure about that considering they haven't really had any big financial backing since their former Icelandic took the money and ran off to make matters worse their own Sponsor went bankrupt.

Everton also isn't a financial power house.

Tottenham and Man City would have more money than either of those 3 teams listed.

Tottenham and Man City are on the list. They didnt make the top 10 but are in the top 20, which is listed in post 11 of this thread.

Everton, Villa and the Hammers would have made the top 20 if the pound hadnt fallen off so drastically.

Tottenham and Man City are on the list. They didnt make the top 10 but are in the top 20, which is listed in post 11 of this thread.

Everton, Villa and the Hammers would have made the top 20 if the pound hadnt fallen off so drastically.

Ah right makes sense.

I still think that this list is a little iffy.

Man City has the richest owner so wouldn't that technically make them the richest club?

But based on this study its on revenue? So I would assume this includes sponsorship, tv games and jersey sales?

I still can't believe Roma made top 10 considering they are treading dangerous waters in terms of bankruptcy

its based on revenue generated by the club. has absolutely nothing to due with the owner's wealth.

the list is very legit and has been done annually for the last 20 years by one of the most well respected financial institutions in the world in deloitte.

So you are saying Roma is wealthier than Inter Milan who've won the Scudetto how many times now and what has Roma been doing? Fighting financial strife?

Give me a break this list is a joke. It is obviously not taking into consideration a lot of other factors.

this stuff is based on cold hard financial numbers studied by deloitte, if you dont understand how it works than thats cool, but there's a reason why this list is published in every major media outlet in Europe and around the world.

maybe roma made more money then inter through gate reciepts, merchandise sales etc over the last fiscal year.

the only joke here is you critisicing the list like you know more about this shit than deloitte, bbc, fourfourtwo......

this stuff is based on cold hard financial numbers studied by deloitte, if you dont understand how it works than thats cool, but there's a reason why this list is published in every major media outlet in Europe and around the world.

maybe roma made more money then inter through gate reciepts, merchandise sales etc over the last fiscal year.

the only joke here is you critisicing the list like you know more about this shit than deloitte, bbc, fourfourtwo......

This list is a joke and any football fan would know it. Roma games are rarely sold out as oppose to Inter's games, besides Roma only has HALF a stadium to work with for pete sakes.

Inter also has a larger fan base across the globe, Africa and Asia are just prime examples.

When you are the winner of the Serie A for the last 3 seasons and looking for a 4th straight one.

You certainly seem blinded by what this company has put out as you are not even considering what goes behind the scenes.

You're a fucken joke.

All you gotta do is take a look at your avatar to realize that.

Why dont you google deloitte's rich list and take a closer look at the factors that go into the list and learn something about the process instead of talking shit about them like a fucken clown.

Back