World Juniors

the lines at pinny have canada at -109. after teh beating us put on russia the other night, it seems like only sweden is the other contender. a bet on canada, then half of what you bet on that put on us at just under 5-1 seems like a pretty good way to go. unless of course the swedes decide to ruin the party.

anyone going out to this event? i know canada goes crazy over this, but i'd like to make it up one year. 95 % all sold out, at least i'll get the us games on nhl network.

Canada is going to be too much for any team with the Tavares line and the Hodgson line just too strong for any of the other teams.

tavares' second goal last night was filthy. how great was that us-canada game last night, other than the outcome. the hitting and tempo of the game was awesome. we'll be lucky if we can get a rematch when it matters.

us better fucking pick it up down 3-1 early in the 2nd. winner plays the swedes in the semis. slovakia's goalie is standing on his head.

holy shit, this kid janus for the slovaks is playing unreal. still 3-1 slovakia with like 3 mins left in the 2nd.

empty netter slovakia up 5-2, that'll do it. gotta give janus credit, he wouldnt let them lose today.

sitting on a pretty nice line with the future...

Sweden is tough, Canada hasnt played well but its hard to tell since every time Canada steps on the ice its their opponents gold medal game.

Sweden has thoughts of last year no doubt, and have some very good lines to match with Canada.

Emotion will be high

yah santa, really looking forward to this game tonight. canada's played two instant classics with us and russia so far, im hoping sweden plays them tough as well. i agree sweden's got redemtion on their minds from last year. the atmosphere is gonna be through the roof at scotia bank. playing the future on canada saved you about 80 cents on the dollar for tonights game, so good luck with canada.

not betting anything I have both futures.

2 units Canada and 1 units Sweden

:cheers:

nice. canada up 2-0 after 2. pp to start the 3rd. they've dominated the 5 on 5 play, but couldnt stay out of the box inthe 2nd. if they just play smart in the 3rd, canada should have their 5th straight gold..

as a Canadian I prefer Canada to win, but as a bettor I want Sweden to win.

I have Canada 2 units -110, but Sweden 1 unit +448

pretty anti climatic final after the US / Semi game....

but 5 in a row is something else, especially with the Canadians missing 8 or so juniors eligible players ...

Saskatoon next year, should be another good squad of course.

Every year they just put out so much talent. Just looking at the players they could have but their NHL teams wouldn't release them Stamkos (1st overall this year in the draft) Turris (3rd overall last year) Sam Gagner and Luke Schenn and Drew Doughty on defence.

And next year they will lose Tavares who will definitly be in the NHL next year, Hodgson who would have to regress huge to not make the Canucks next year, same with Eberle with Edmonton.

Hockey Canada does a great job.

Back