World Cup June 19th Thursday Discussion

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
I am on the wiz's lap top/touch top...HP that I cant figure how to copy paste off the deal....bizarre. If anyone has one of these let me know...She is pretty good with computers and doesn't know either

SOOO...I cannot post the lines, so if someone can and post the Asian Handi(my local has it and liove....very cool of him) it would be appreciated.

I also thought getting a daily deal would be beneficial...don't worry we will still get to 100000000 pages

The 3 Lions look ok to me, as well as Colombia.....

Thoughts?

:cigarguy:

[TABLE="class: lines"]
[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]Ivory Coast vs Colombia - World Cup 2014 - Group C[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Thu 6/19[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]121 Ivory Coast (World Cup)[/TD]
[TD] +½ -129pk +163-½ +255pk,+½ +104pk,-½ +212[/TD]
[TD] +275 [/TD]
[TD] o2½ +118o2 -173o1½,2 -234o2,2½ -119o2½,3 +157 [/TD]
[TD] o½ -215 [/TD]
[TD] u½ +178 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowMid"]
[TD]12:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]122 Colombia (World Cup)[/TD]
[TD] -½ +114pk -178+½ -300pk,-½ -119pk,+½ -242 [/TD]
[TD] +116 [/TD]
[TD] u2½ -133u2 +153u1½,2 +204u2,2½ +104u2½,3 -172 [/TD]
[TD] o½ -370 [/TD]
[TD] u½ +310 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]123 Draw[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] +245 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 8"]England vs Uruguay - World Cup 2014 - Group D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Thu 6/19[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]161 England (World Cup)[/TD]
[TD] -½ +108pk -185pk,-½ -126-½,-1 +142pk,+½ -245[/TD]
[TD] +12000 [/TD]
[TD] o2½ -110o2 -210o3 +182o2,2½ -139o2½,3 +120 [/TD]
[TD] o½ -400 [/TD]
[TD] u½ +325 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]3:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]162 Uruguay (World Cup)[/TD]
[TD] +½ -123pk +168pk,+½ +111+½,+1 -157pk,-½ +215 [/TD]
[TD] +275 [/TD]
[TD] u2½ -105u2 +175u3 -212u2,2½ +124u2½,3 -135 [/TD]
[TD] o½ -235 [/TD]
[TD] u½ +195 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]163 Draw[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] +262 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 8"]Greece vs Japan - World Cup 2014 - Group C[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Thu 6/19[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]201 Greece (World Cup)[/TD]
[TD] +½ -133+1 -295pk +155pk,+½ -101+½,+1 -181[/TD]
[TD] +259 [/TD]
[TD] o2½ +125o2 -148o2,2½ -105o1½,2 -205o2½,3 +169 [/TD]
[TD] o½ -210 [/TD]
[TD] u½ +175 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]6:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]202 Japan (World Cup)[/TD]
[TD] -½ +118-1 +253pk -170pk,-½ -114-½,-1 +166 [/TD]
[TD] +122 [/TD]
[TD] u2½ -140u2 +133u2,2½ -110u1½,2 +178u2½,3 -187 [/TD]
[TD] o½ -335 [/TD]
[TD] u½ +275[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

ive lost about every bet I've made this world cup, but Ill be on England pk, -1/2 -126

doubt I bet the columbia game.

not sure on the final one, but lean greece +1/2

sorry about the format, can't seem to get it to paste right

i'm not sure i like anything (though I'm only 1-1 +0.3 then - whatever i've lost in my three pools cuz I'm screwed now that Spain is out)

Greece +0.5 was my lone loss, wonder if they are a good side to play after that embarrassing opener considering the questions about Japan's defense. The pack-it-in strategy clearly didn't work against the Columbians, however I do not think Japan has the quality besides Honda and Kagawa

they really didn't pack it in vs the Columbians they were forced out of that by the early goal. Japan and Greece really have to go for it here

On a slightly different note, that atmosphere for Chile/Spain was incredible. Not sure we see the same for the Columbians, but they will def have the vast majority of supporters

IC/Colombia game of the day, hard to pinpoint it but draw wouldn't surprise me, nor would under but just so hard to bet unders at this point

Fully expect England to take care of business, only thing that beats them is pressure of the game. They should score a couple I would think and Uruguay gotta be demoralized after that 2h against Ticos, -.5 looks good there.

Over in the Greece/Japan game, expect it to be wide open, early Greek goal could hurt the wager but not really doom it as Greek counter could get them a couple goals just in case. Both teams need the win obv and it should allow plenty of chances.

Curious statistical anomaly to this point as we head into Day 8: every opening game of a day so far has been won by the favourite (7-0), then in an almost immediate bounce back for the books every 2nd game of a day has seen the Favourite slump to the tune of 1-5 (3 losses, 2 x 0-0 draws), then come the 3rd game of a day it's evened out with the favourite going 3-3 (2 losses, 1 x 1-1 draw).

Based on probability, the clock is ticking on a fav tripping up in the opening game. Looking at the schedule for those over the next few days -

day _8: Colombia vs. Ivory Coast
day _9: Italy vs. Costa Rica
day 10: Argentina vs. Iran
day 11: Belgium vs. Russia

Starting day 12 we've got the scenario of the final 2 group games of any paricular group kicking off at the same time, which automatically makes the chances of a non-fav SU result more likely, as well as harder to isolate. I could imagine any one of those 4 games over the next 4 days could supply a draw, but as I see it the least impressive game one winner (Belgium) is the most likely to lose SU.

think it's safe to say it's not coming from either of these:

so i'd be looking at a chase on these two if you're that kinda guy...

think it's safe to say it's not coming from either of these:

so i'd be looking at a chase on these two if you're that kinda guy...

If NZ can manage a score draw with Italy in a WC group game, I wouldn't rule out any team managing it no matter what the opposition (esp. here since both Italy & Argy must know they're all but certain to qualify after getting 3 early points, which combined with facing weak opposition they don't in any way, shape or form fear, could lead to the kind of arrogant & uninspired performance NZ got from Italy in '10 that was the key ingredient to them managing the impossible). I would not parlay the Italian & Argy ml for some sort of "easy" payday. While I obv. still expect them both to win SU, it wouldn't shock me to see either draw to end that Fav streak (if it survives this current Col/IC game).

I'm an Italy fan and I can tell you I'm worried about tomorrow's game. I think Costa Rica has the ability to give Italy fits. I hope I'm wrong, but no way I'd lay -1 here with the Azzurri.

That said, in pretty much every other situation I'm going to ride the hot team until they fail. I was dumb not to jump on France in game one, ditto the Dutch yesterday. But some teams look prepared and motivated. Other teams are named Cameroon & Spain. So if Italy does win easily it won't be a massive shock. My guess though, 1-1 or 2-1 Italy.

I could see Belgium surprising, as someone who bet Russia in their opener, I didn't like their performance much.

Like everyone else, I'm on England today.

Back