WNBA Tuesday Blitz

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
2-2 ( 50% ) -2.7 units

going with two plays tonight...

Sacramento Monarchs +8 @ Seattle Storm

3.3 to win 3

I know I said I love the way the Perfect Storm is looking... and I do. The thing is, 8 points is alot to lay against a team that swept em' last year and didn't allow them over 76 points in any of those games. Griffith is on the other side of the ball now playing against her former team (Sacramento), so I can see her playing well tonight. It also doesn't help that Sacramento is depending a little more on some of their rookies with Griffith and as of last Friday DeMya Walker being gone. But they still stepped up against the Stars and I would expect them to be good enough defensively for this one as well. They may not pull out the win (and I hope they don't), but I can see them covering this high spread... specially if the Storm go up by double digits and then let go of the gas pedal towards the end to let the moose in like they did last game.

Phoenix Mercury +2 @ San Antonio Silver Stars

1.1 to win 1

It's pretty hard to imagine that one of these teams is going to have to start the season 0-2... but of the two, I have a harder time seeing the defending champs fall into that. Treading lighter on this one, but I do think the Mercury light things up tonight and get their first win of the season. Things are tougher without Penny Taylor, but they played extremely well without her against Candace Parker and Lisa Leslie on Saturday... I think they'll have bit of an easier time with the matchups here.... but still treading it lightly.

well, Phoenix was only able to get over 20 pts in only one quarter... a bit shocking there...

as for the sac game, it's looking good so far at the half... still another half to go though...

the way I see it, a sacramento win (big or small) or a sacramento close loss gets me the cover.. the only way I could lose is if the Storm blow them out.. and Sacramento is not a team that can be blown out very easily... they are too tough defensively...

but I wouldn't have expected to see them up by 10 at the half... wow.. the Seattle stars still have not been able to gel with each other.. looks like it may take some time... sacramento, on the other hand, has just been rockin' so far this season.

i'm rooting for ya here! hope a 1-3 pt loss by sea here since i want my girls to win games this year but definitely not lose my bet either. hehe Let's get em!

haha.. yea.. I'm rooting for that 1-3 pt win as well.. but in favor of my girls, of course.. ;)

seriously though.. your girls look really solid.

Let's get it Ret...

I'm really glad to see the play working out well so far... but what's bothering the hell out of me is that there is only 4 and a half minutes left in the third and the Storm only have 28 pts.. wtf??

yeah... they don't rely on anyone and they play as a team. And their rotation... wow... playing all players? but sooner or later, they'll be needing a leader on the floor when clutch time happens.

It's already the 3rd??? yahoo and wnba.com have it still at halftime... geez... any site that has accurate live scores?

LJ has to stay the leader... I think the casting is great, but they are not being utilized correctly...

I'm sure they'll be okay on the long run.. but as for right now, they look anemic.

I think the Perfect Storm is starting to look a bit like the Perfect Disaster.. lol..

I'm rooting for Seattle to take the lead, but if they do, shit.. I think I'm going to be asking them slow things down quick.. lol

thanks blitz. you'll be my commentator for now. hehe go storm!!! go monarchs!!! oh my.... hometown vs money.... errr... money of course. hahaha

hope sea keeps it close... but not close enough for ot! geez... so hard... shouldn't have bet the 2nd half if it'll be like this. lol.

i bet sea -6 2h

i think sea is more of a 2nd half team based on last game. lol.

they'll be the regular season spurs of the wnba. lol.

Franklin actually had a tie up jump ball.. and against Sue Bird of all people.. she didn't even bother jumping.. first time I think Sue Bird has won a jump ball in her career.. lol

the problem of sactown coming in i guess. with no superstar leader, they may freak out now that it's 4th qtr crunch time...

Back