WNBA Thursday Blitz

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
6-10 ( 37.5% ) -12.9 units

coming off the worse day of the season for me thus far... 0-3 (-12.1 units) on Tuesday..

Los Angeles Sparks -4 @ Indiana Fever

2.2 to win 2

It's tough to go against Indiana at home as a doggie and LA is going into it's third straight road game with two more lined up after this one, but I just think Indiana will be overmatched here. Indianas' type of game is defense and low scoring... and that is what will keep LA in this without anything getting out of hand. If LA had Phoenix, Seattle, or Detroit, I would think it be hard for them to play the fast paced game, being the third straight on the road, but a slow type defensive game should actually help. The big girls inside (Parker and Leslie) for LA is what is going to force Indiana to play the perimeter shooting game instead of driving in and taking close shots inside the paint... that's not exactly their bread and butter. I think LA should be good enough to cover in what I think will probably look like a sloppy game at times.

I'm leaning stronger to Chicago in the other matchup, just going to wait a on that one... Minny and LA are the only two undefeated teams left and both are on the road.. I think LA is good enough to get that win on the road.. I don't think Minny will do it facing their second straight road game following that crazy OT game in Houston a Tuesday that I think took everything out of them to come back from down 15.

thanks fonds... appreciate it bud.

Sk.. figured you and rod would be leaning other way again... hate when that happens... gl tonight with your halftime plays..

Ret... I'm tryin' man.. I'm tryin'... haha.

just about gametime..

I'm gonna wait on the Sky play for now.. see how this one is panning out before I do any trigger pulling... but I still like Dupree and Fowles tonight at home... Minnesota looks like they are for real and their rookies have been stepping up... but Chicago is not at all a pushover team... they lost @ Seattle by 6... that's very respectable considering that team is full of all-stars and they were playing them on the road... and they beat Sacramento by 10 at home last game.. there's no reason why they should have problems with Minny at home. Minny had a great game against Detroit... probably caught em' off guard more than anything... other than that, their other win was an overtime squeaker against Houston.

add:

Minnesota Lynx @ Chicago Sky -3.5

2.2 to win 2

wow, bookmaker has this down to 3.5 .. scary thought that the line is going in my favor.. but I'll still take the home team.

well, after being down by 19 at one point and down by 15 at the half, the sparkies have come back and made it a one point Indiana lead with 8 and a half to play in the fourth.. go sparkies...

Chicago is up by 3 in the other matchup in the middle of the 2nd... this looks like it could still be a great night... or a horrible one.. lol

well, things didn't end well..

I'm not going to cry over these though... they were both close and ended up being decided at the end... so rather than dwell on my losses, I need to focus on where I've been going wrong... and fix it quick.

both of these (in fact, the last few plays for me) have been big public plays.. the lines even moved in my favor which should've been a sign. I've been doing my homework, so I can't blame lack of time or anything like that (which was more of a problem last season for me).. I've been sticking strictly to spread plays even though I did totals last season and have liked a few this season... I think the main thing is I just need to limit my stuff right now and maybe force myself to no more than one play on any one day... at least for a bit anyway. Last thing I need is for a deja vu of last year.

kudos to Indiana.. Douglas has been on fire.. she's doing great. and kudos to Minny... I didn't see them playing like they did today.

today:

0-2 (0%) -4.4 units

updated: (caution... this update is going to be ugly)

6-12 ( 33% ) -17.3 units

Back